Which flashlight's beam is your favourite?

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Sigh... It's a tie. Between my JetBeam BA10 on a 14500 and a Balder SE-1 XML T6 on a 14500. I'm a floody guy. Out of the 35+ lights I have, just a few are throwers...

flashflood

Enlightened
ThruNite Scorpion V2 with turbo head, neutral. I don't know if you can still get them, but wow -- it is a gorgeous beam.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite EDC beam has got to be the LF5XT. It has no defined hotspot, it just starts bright in the center and dims as it approaches the edges. Sadly, that light has features I couldn't tolerate, so I got rid of it.

My second favorite is my HDS high CRI Clicky with the P4 emitter. It has a hotspot, but the transition to spill isn't sharp. Very nice.

--flatline

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite beam is from a Malkoff M91W module. Dont know if the Quarks have been mentioned yet or not, but they have really good beams and are not expensive.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
My favorite EDC beam has got to be the LF5XT. It has no defined hotspot, it just starts bright in the center and dims as it approaches the edges. Sadly, that light has features I couldn't tolerate, so I got rid of it.

My second favorite is my HDS high CRI Clicky with the P4 emitter. It has a hotspot, but the transition to spill isn't sharp. Very nice.
I too got rid of my LF5XT's, but the newest UI which never made it into an updated LF5XT is only one of the reasons I love the LF2XT so much, in addition to the 'brighter in the middle' beam pattern. Very smooth.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, what yer asking, If you could have only one light beam "pattern", what would it be???

My favourite all around beam is that of the U2/KL5. The perfect combo of flood and throw in one beam. I use the L4/L2 beam alot, but if I was limited to one, it would be that of the deep reflectored U2/L5.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
For me I'd say it's a tossup between the LF2XT and the SC50w. No coincidence they are both neutral tint.

Geoff

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the usefulness of my mule.
Perfect wall of even light.

my M91W as a wall of warm light.

I want to own a tri-edc to try it out.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my favorite beams is from a Quark with an XP-G, an HDS with an SSC emitter also comes to mind.

recDNA

Flashaholic
My favorite beam was my fenix tk40. Like a dope I sold it before I read about tk41 button and tint problems. I'd buy another tk40 but I doubt I'd ever get that perfect beam again.

davyro

Enlightened
Thank you all very much for letting me know your preferences,i think the next light i buy will be an HDS hi-cri rotary if Henry gets his problems with machine shops sorted out soon & i'm hoping that will be as good as my 170T,
i've recently bought a Haiku & thats very good as well but from what a lot of you are saying an LF2XT & a Malkoff should be on my shopping list,i just hope i'm back in work soon so i can get my hands on these great lights.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
My liteflux LF2XT and my trusty eagletac T100C2.
Both XP-E's. I have a soft spot for them.
Two more in for the LF2XT and it's muchly underrated beam pattern!
Thank you all very much for letting me know your preferences,i think the next light i buy will be an HDS hi-cri rotary if Henry gets his problems with machine shops sorted out soon & i'm hoping that will be as good as my 170T,
i've recently bought a Haiku & thats very good as well but from what a lot of you are saying an LF2XT & a Malkoff should be on my shopping list,i just hope i'm back in work soon so i can get my hands on these great lights.
Most people don't think of what was originally a tiny AAA light priced at $60 as having the best of anything, but the LF2XT came stock with what is arguably the nicest beam pattern and one of the absolutely best UI's ever.

Looking forward to your impression of the Rotary and the only reason I can imagine you might not like it as well as the 170 is if you need more throw than flood. The difference is slight, but it was enough for me to be happier with my P4 and XP-G Clicky's than my GDP loaded Ti version.