Here's my list of requirements...

18650 or AA (multiple cell is fine)
Maximum 900 lumens, minimum 200
1/4 -20 mount for mounting to a camera tripod

Size doesn't matter.
Prefer under $150

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, some Sunwayman lights come with that threaded hole for camera mount. Think there is an accessory tailcap for that.

I think my Blackshadow Terminator has that mount, as well. Runtimes on medium and low are very excellent.

Edit: Just double checked, yes the BS Terminator has the mount. Great light, like it a lot.

Coast has a tripod mount adapter for X21, X21R, and P17 lights. Coast 6067 adapter, less than $4 on Amazon.

Speaking of adapters, if you have a 1/4 - 20 drill and tap set it shouldn't be hard to knock up an adapter for most any light. Some lights would have enough "meat" somewhere to drill and tap directly into the light.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could get:
Solarforce P60 host for $20
P60 drop in (with LED and output modes/brightnesses of your own choosing) from Nailbender for $35
Solarforce SC-1 Flashlight Tripod Mount for $10

Total invested would be $65

edited to add: this is assuming you don't already have a P60 host. If you do, then it would only cost you $10 for the Solarforce SC-1

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, cool. Didn't realize Solarfarce had a tripod. Might have to get one.

Also, does it absolutely HAVE to be screwed to the tripod? Maybe wrap a rag around ANY light and zip tie it to the tripod flat?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a quick tripod rig, I used a 2 inch Picatinny rail piece and mounted to tripod, put rail mount clamp on light. All done.