You will love this NASA penlight

d13avo

Enlightened
Are these only available in brass and titanium as a couple of photos it looks like it's in copper.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd just like the one I backed on Kickstarter to arrive. =/ After receiving a single emailed reply asking me to be patient it would seem I'm in the somewhat large group of people who never received a light and now cannot contact Javier to ask for an update.

We are following carefully every single case of stolen and lost item, and yes, they have been more than I ever experienced in my life, and the reason I'm sure it is the envelopes we used. Big fail; they were nice but a thieve's magnet. Being said this, there are no more than 4 people now who have not received their parcels. It takes time for the courier company to consider the parcel as "lost", but we update information as soon as it arrives. For further communication, please write me directly to jlb (at) Barbolight.es.
Percentage of incidents with shipping at first has been more than 7%, which is crazy. Most of the cases have been solved, but people just don't update, and they don't have to do it either.
Im really sorry about this, but I can say also that we have done and we keep on doing our best. You can ask anytime to be refunded too.

BTW, I just have emptied my inbox in here, just in case.

Regards,

''javier

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these only available in brass and titanium as a couple of photos it looks like it's in copper.

It is brass, not copper. We made some Ti and SS samples, but up to now we don't plan to manufacture them. Aluminum, I don't think it would work as flawlessly as expected due to the conductivity issues aluminum has, if electric contact is alu/alu.

d13avo

Enlightened
It is brass, not copper. We made some Ti and SS samples, but up to now we don't plan to manufacture them. Aluminum, I don't think it would work as flawlessly as expected due to the conductivity issues aluminum has, if electric contact is alu/alu.

Thank you Barbarin, have you got any left to sell, if so what materials and please could I purchase one.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Barbarin, have you got any left to sell, if so what materials and please could I purchase one.

Most probably we will release SS and Ti during this year; not only that, we have made also 18650 3 Watt versions. If so, CPF people will be among the first to know.
Javier

Last edited:

d13avo

Enlightened
Most probably we will release SS and Ti during this year; not only that, we have made also 18650 3 Watt versions. If so, CPF people will be among the first to know.
Javier

Thank you, would like one of these. I'll look forward to the release

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
Barbaric,

I have yet to receive the light that I ordered through Kickstarter. I have attempted to contact you via Facebook and your e-mail address for over a month without a meaningful response. Please contact me so that I can receive the light that I paid for.

JBancroft

Newly Enlightened
Javier,

You said in February that no more than 4 people had not received their lights. I count at least 8 people on your Kickstart page, myself included, that have posted after February stating that they have not received their light.

You are not responding to emails I have sent. Other backers are posting similar comments that their messages are going unanswered.

You're last update on Kickstarter was January 10th. Since then you have posted nothing to offer any explanation to the backers still waiting for their lights.

Even if, as you say, there was a problem with the shipping envelopes - How hard is it to stuff a small metal tube into a plain brown package and ship it with a tracking number? For that matter, why were there no tracking numbers issued to backers on the first shipment??? I find it hard to believe that any courier would allow 6 months or more to go by before acknowledging a package was lost or stolen.

You have Kickstarter backers that still have not received what they paid for, but you are taking retail orders from your website and PM's here for more orders? If you have lights in stock to sell to others, why are you not taking care of current orders that have not been fulfilled?

This is a hell of a way to treat the people that put forward the funding to make your project happen. What actions are you taking to make this right?

We are following carefully every single case of stolen and lost item, and yes, they have been more than I ever experienced in my life, and the reason I’m sure it is the envelopes we used. Big fail; they were nice but a thieve’s magnet. Being said this, there are no more than 4 people now who have not received their parcels. It takes time for the courier company to consider the parcel as “lost”, but we update information as soon as it arrives. For further communication, please write me directly to jlb (at) Barbolight.es.
Percentage of incidents with shipping at first has been more than 7%, which is crazy. Most of the cases have been solved, but people just don’t update, and they don’t have to do it either.
Im really sorry about this, but I can say also that we have done and we keep on doing our best. You can ask anytime to be refunded too.

Regards,

‘’javier

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Javier
i question if an 18650 light would be a good idea with the battery crusher design of the light

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
no, don't get me wrong it's a fail proof design when using cheap primaries. but I've crushed the tops on any set of batteries I've used so far before the batteries have depleted

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
The lack of a spring means no spring to break, no electrical resistance of running through a spring, and the light gets more compact by not having to make room for a spring, but yes, as you pointed out it becomes relatively easy to accidentally crush the cells inside.

Good to know. I don't have one of these lights yet, but I am very interested. I love the idea of a replica of the flashlight used in the Apollo missions. And I love how they made it with a warm tinted beam to help replicate the old incandescent bulbs instead of throwing in a typical cool white LED and ruining the whole experience. That is the icing on the cake in my opinion. These lights look great. I almost wish there was an even lower output/longer runtime version. A genuine battery vampire with output that isn't quite so head and shoulders above the output of the original.

These are some of the coolest flashlights out there. A brilliant idea to make these.

teckboon

Newly Enlightened
We are following carefully every single case of stolen and lost item, and yes, they have been more than I ever experienced in my life, and the reason I'm sure it is the envelopes we used. Big fail; they were nice but a thieve's magnet. Being said this, there are no more than 4 people now who have not received their parcels. It takes time for the courier company to consider the parcel as "lost", but we update information as soon as it arrives. For further communication, please write me directly to jlb (at) Barbolight.es.
Percentage of incidents with shipping at first has been more than 7%, which is crazy. Most of the cases have been solved, but people just don't update, and they don't have to do it either.

Regards,

''javier

I am backer number 73.

I have also yet to receive mine. All I want is to get what I have paid for on kickstarter.

I have requested for a tracking number for my parcel, which was never given to me from day 1.

You have asked me to email you directly, which I did, but you have stopped replying me.

Sorry I have to chase you all over the internet to get an answer, but all I want is to get what i was promised.

Thank you.

teckboon

Newly Enlightened
I am backer number 73.

I have also yet to receive mine. All I want is to get what I have paid for on kickstarter.

I have requested for a tracking number for my parcel, which was never given to me from day 1.

You have asked me to email you directly, which I did, but you have stopped replying me.

Sorry I have to chase you all over the internet to get an answer, but all I want is to get what i was promised.

Thank you.

After almost 9 months of waiting, my light has finally arrived. It was sent out to me as per the airway bill on 21st May 2018.

It has been a very long wait, but thank you for the light. Its great.

josiahg52

Newly Enlightened
I still have not received my reward flashlight for backing the Kickstarter campaign. I am backer number 197 on 12 August 2017.

I received no information about my light. Upon sending several emails to the Javier, I received notification from UPS that a package was on its way. That was on 18 December 2017. In the meantime, I had ordered a second flashlight when they became available to purchase outside of the Kickstarter campaign.

The first tracking number never was never updated past "BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED" and of course, the flashlight never arrived. More emails between Javier and I went unanswered. My fault, but I forgot about it due to work and life but was reminded suddenly when I got another, second notification from UPS about an incoming package. I sent more emails to Javier trying to get information as at this point I still didn't know for sure that the packages I was informed of were even from him.

Finally, in early February I did get a reply and shortly after a flashlight arrived on that second tracking number. It was NOT my "reward" flashlight as it had no "custom" engraving on it. More emails and Javier promised to have Ms. Joanne go the warehouse and look for it and then he went silent. I tired sending an email a few months ago and found that the email address is no longer active. I don't know how else to get in contact with him.

I apologize that my first post here is one complaining about another forum member but I still have not received a light that I paid for and feel that I've exhausted all other avenues of communication. I don't care about the engraving at this point, I'd just like the light. My fault again for letting this go on for too long.