Z2 Combat Light

dirtynorseman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I'll be checking around for an updated Z44. Can never have "too many" spare parts right?

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
I wish I could luck into a mint like new condition Z2.

:drool:

I did just that. Got this in yesterday -- complete with box, papers, and lanyard. Only thing missing was the original batteries.

46427478574_0a5da5c510_c.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Very nice, even today spoiled by many flavours of lights......a new z2 is hard to beat imho. It the classic looks/design and the in hand feel. Out of the box all this time on, it's a strong all time fav of mine. Can't see it changing any time soon either(read never).

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Very nice, even today spoiled by many flavours of lights......a new z2 is hard to beat imho. It the classic looks/design and the in hand feel. Out of the box all this time on, it's a strong all time fav of mine. Can't see it changing any time soon either(read never).

Already on the lookout for another Z2.

rrego

Enlightened
kamagong, I recommend the Z2's old school brother, G2Z (polymer version). Those are very cool too :thumbsup:

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, it's on the list. I'm having a harder time finding G2Zs compared to Z2s though.

rrego

Enlightened
Yes, G2Z not as common, although I think there are some on the bay right now....but, kind of pricy. I found a random score of a tan G2Z in the middle of the night for 29 and scooped it up the second I came across it (was kind of dirty, tore it down, cleaned it, lubed it, now back in action with a 3.7 volt xenon drop in). And with my black G2Z, I lucked out and scored on the bay NIB a while back (runs a SolarForce warm tint drop in) . Cool lights.

ven

Flashaholic
Like the g2z as well, more so than the g2 anyway. Its again the design/shape what i like and feel. Bottom left side
5ISg1Eul.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Is that screen name 'lion' or short for 'lithium ion?"

Flashaholics wanna know 504....

Never mind, I saw the avatar....or is that a secret code to keep big bro from crashing through your door and confiscating your vape gear and flashlight batteries? Those things explode ya know....

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that screen name 'lion' or short for 'lithium ion?"

Flashaholics wanna know 504....

Never mind, I saw the avatar....or is that a secret code to keep big bro from crashing through your door and confiscating your vape gear and flashlight batteries? Those things explode ya know....

Yes, it is a portmanteau, specific to the battery type - figured it was a good fit since flashlights use batteries.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
More on topic for this thread... Just bought a new Z2 on the bay. Pretty good price. Need to make sure it's legit though.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
More on topic for this thread... Just bought a new Z2 on the bay for $90. Pretty good price, right? Need to make sure it's legit though.

Sounds about right imho, ones i have picked up have varied from around £45 ish to near £80 or so off the top of my head. I would be happy with a new one for $90 anyway, if i was in the market for a 4th, i would not want to part with more than $100-$120 ish tops. As with anything, its worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Congrats anyway, one of the best in hand feeling lights out there(if not the!) imo.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
...ones i have picked up have varied from around £45 ish to near £80 or so...

The only problem with getting a good deal is that it gives you unrealistic hopes should you look for another.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Curse this flashaholism!

Ain't that the truth. As a kid I would have been ecstatic to have anything like the SureFire 6P with M61NL drop-in I have as my go-to light. At last count, I have a C2, G2, Z2, four 6Ps of various flavors, and a Malkoff MD2. And I'm still looking for more!

First world problems... :shrug:

ven

Flashaholic
Ain't that the truth. As a kid I would have been ecstatic to have anything like the SureFire 6P with M61NL drop-in I have as my go-to light. At last count, I have a C2, G2, Z2, four 6Ps of various flavors, and a Malkoff MD2. And I'm still looking for more!

First world problems... :shrug:

:rock:my favourite flavours you have right there. Still today, i love the p60 format and flexibility as much as when i started(maybe more). Not bored, not tired of, just a hunger for more haha