Zebralight SC32d // SC62d

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume it's just not lucrative for Zebralight to maintain a completely separate line of CR123 lights for the admittedly fringe crowd of people who are willing to purchase CR123 cells. Unfortunately I'm one of those fringe folks and I was really looking forward to the H32 as well.

markr6

Flashaholic
Yup, hesitating to pull the trigger... but it will be difficult to justify another flashlight this month...

It's ony of my favorites! It could be worth waiting for the SC62w, but the tint on the SC62d is so nice I think it's worth a decrease in output.

Bad_JuJu

Newly Enlightened
It looks as though ZL has dropped the SC32 from their plans, according to their comparison spreadsheet. Removed has been the SC32 and H32 flashlights. I guess that's the end of CR123 sized lights for Zebralight?

I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for an old sc31 now. I was telling myself to wait for it so i wouldn't feel the need to pick up a sc52.

430Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for an old sc31 now. I was telling myself to wait for it so i wouldn't feel the need to pick up a sc52.

I too have been waiting for ZL to bring out the SC32D and it's sad that they chose to shelve it.

I think everyone who wants a new SC32 should email ZL a nice courteous message letting them know that there is a demand for such a light and they should continue to develop it and bring it to the marketplace.

markr6

Flashaholic
I just picked up 5 Jetbeam holsters (12cm model) for $2.46 each on fasttech. The SC62d is a perfect fit!

I ordered the 4 others just to have for other lights, but now realize I don't need them. I don't carry holsters on my belt; I mainly purchased these just to protect the light when I carry several at a time in the same bag.

jruser

Newly Enlightened
I sent an email to Zebralight sales today. They replied that SC62, SC62w, and SC62c will be on sale in one to two weeks.

hatman

Enlightened
One to two weeks? Even the supposedly current 62d is still listed as a backorder.

The 62 and 62w are listed only as future products on ZL's comparison chart. They are NOT listed as pre-orders or anything else on the sales site.

The 62c, whatever that may be, isn't listed anywhere that I could find.

I'll believe it when I see it, if then.

jak

Enlightened
One to two weeks? Even the supposedly current 62d is still listed as a backorder.

The 62 and 62w are listed only as future products on ZL's comparison chart. They are NOT listed as pre-orders or anything else on the sales site.

The 62c, whatever that may be, isn't listed anywhere that I could find.

I'll believe it when I see it, if then.
Time to believe... The SC62c was added this morning for pre-order.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to believe... The SC62c was added this morning for pre-order.

It now says in stock. I think they messed up the description of it, though. It says "high CRI daylight tint", but isn't that what the SC62d is? The 62c has a CCT of 4000k, whereas the 62d is 5000k.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up having to send my original SC62d back because of the flickering issue on the lower levels, but I'm looking forward to reading some reviews of these new versions, especially the SC62w.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been trying to put together my ideal EDC, the only requirements of which include a neutral to warm tint, smaller than 4 inches long, reasonably floody , and the ability to get to low and high from off.

I've put together several surefire E series lights along with Malkoff MDC heads and an Mc2es switch and now I'm looking at one of Tana's triples. Most recently I've caught wind of the Elzetta Alpha which checks all the boxes but I've been on the fence because it's at the absolute outside of my size envelope.

Now enter the SC62w and I'm looking at a light the size of the Elzetta that will put out 1000 lumens and run on an 18650.
I may have to wait until the first reviews come in to make my decision.

Enlightened
Just got my SC62d. It looks more like the neutral XM-L used in the Xeno E03 than the pure white of H502d. I have many of the same issues that others have reported, that is spotty anodizing all over and dark tail cap. No green tint like some of the others, more yellow than anything. LED is also not perfectly centered.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my SC62d. It looks more like the neutral XM-L used in the Xeno E03 than the pure white of H502d. I have many of the same issues that others have reported, that is spotty anodizing all over and dark tail cap. No green tint like some of the others, more yellow than anything. LED is also not perfectly centered.

Doesn't the "d" variant use the luxeon emitter as opposed to the XM-L?