Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
my concern is that it might be too floody. Ideally, I'd like something with at least 20k cd. Does the Plus have some throw, or is it mostly flood?

I have the SC600w lV Plus and it does have some throw due to the increased lumens. It also has a great spill that I like to call a wall of light but it throws also. You will not be disappointed with this light! It is the best of both worlds. I have the SC600w MK lll also and it has more throw due to a different reflector and LED, but the Plus will light an object a long way away because of the amount of lumens.

holygeez03

Enlightened
WalkIntoTheLight... in my opinion, if you're going to be using the light outside, I would try the HI for the increased distance... If you're not concerned about throw, I would probably consider the SC64 over the regular SC600 due to the much smaller size. The HI seems like an awesome light for a tight beam and the Plus for its overall output... but the regular SC600 doesn't seem to differentiate itself enough from the SC64 for me.

All of this opinion is based on reports/beamshots/info from others... I don't have any of the above mentioned lights... but I am waiting on a Plus (and may need to give the HI a go someday).

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
Some clearer pics of my mk4 plus side by side mk3 hi
97957116ef047cc51e4b5b6971e52255.jpg
6512b09915a255a95a3e7609165afa0a.jpg
acd275fa7d64805a33700b162a9c6cdd.jpg
f1a1cfa681213e1203000c6c0aee791c.jpg
4468c52ac4d14ac0798d5e36fa471d56.jpg
5fc8c5f290ccd19c760cc873a8507355.jpg
435508ef6f108da877159d71f606a5b4.jpg
b5efe1ed6c2872cba735cef0e45cfe28.jpg
8ff6063d32c42c2f6e0d7da73a918b7d.jpg

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
WalkIntoTheLight... in my opinion, if you're going to be using the light outside, I would try the HI for the increased distance... If you're not concerned about throw, I would probably consider the SC64 over the regular SC600 due to the much smaller size. The HI seems like an awesome light for a tight beam and the Plus for its overall output... but the regular SC600 doesn't seem to differentiate itself enough from the SC64 for me.

I think you're right. I'm ordering the HI version. It should make it a bit more useful outdoors. I find that when I go for a walk, I'm always carrying two lights: a flooder and a thrower. Maybe the HI version of the Zebralight will make it a good compromise.

I really like the floody Zebralights for indoor use, but I've always found them weak outdoors (except for close up, of course).

Now, if I could have a big hotspot + great throw + long battery life + small size + no stepdown, well that would be perfect! ;)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can somebody with both lights on max output (MK3 HI, MK4 Plus) post a lower exposure shot of their beams to compare the intensity of their spots?

Example, T21vn vs L2vn on max outputs (1/80 sec shutter speed, f22 aperture, 320 iso)
bY0TLgF.png

When the picture is taken at a lower exposure, we'll get to see the hotspots when they aren't washed out, that way we can see which one throws further. Outdoor beamshots welcome too.

Last edited:

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
For those still wondering about ordering times, I'll share my experience.

I ordered an SC600w IV Plus back on November 11th. I just received it today December 22nd.

The delay was not a problem for me, as I have continued to carry my trusty old SC62 as I waited.

I'm a little sad, actually, to take that scratched up, banged up, trusty old light out of my pocket for the last time. It has served me very well for over three years. Best damn light I ever owned.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone with the SC64C and/or SC64W AND the SC600w MK4 Plus. Who's got a more even beam across the entire width of the beam, IOW, who floods better? Thanks.
A Zebralight that can flood like the Acebeam EC50 Gen 2 would be a dream light.

Last edited:

dofty

Newly Enlightened
I finally got my sc600w IV plus, and did a runtime test for H1.
the white spot is for reference, and the yellow spot is from the sc600w IV plus.
During the test, the sc600w IV plus was cooled by a fan.

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
Mudamper... can you post a comparative outdoor beamshot between the SC62 and MKIV Plus?

Sorry, I'm not a photographer. The beam from the SC600w is a bit wider, warmer, and brighter. And despite being a slightly larger light, the clip lets it ride deeper in my pocket.

Last edited:

Hardpack26

Newly Enlightened
Have had the IV Plus for about a week now, and here's my take.

Other Zebralights I own are the sc600 III HI Plus, the sc600Fd III Plus and the sc5. The majority of use these lights get for me is when I'm at work. I work on a drilling rig, and often at night, so a good, high powered, compact flashlight is useful, because there is a lot of ambient lighting, but with spots that still need to be lit up to see properly. I've used all of these light for work, but this week I got called out to help out on a well control situation for 3 nights straight, and got to put it to use.

Before this light, I would carry both the HI and Fd plus for my needs out there. The Fd was wonderfull for working close to light up a work area and avoiding reflection of hotspots back in your eyes. I would however have to run it with pretty high power to be able to see well enough, therefore reducing runtime. Color rendition obviously is great. Lighting up distances, or down in pits it struggled. In these areas, the III HI excelled, but of course for close up didn't light up as wide an area and thenreflective hot spot will blind you. Even with it's narrow hot spot, and ability to run it a little lower, I'd find its run time would still sometimes come up a little short. Not terrible by any means, but for my uses, the IV plus seemed to outrun them both.

First of all, I set the G6 with quick click for lows, and long hold for highs. Double click is still mediums. I actually think this is even better than the standard zebralight setup. To get to medium you avoid the bright flash, and at any brightness you are on, you simply hold for brighter. Easier to explain to people if they should need to use it. I used it quite extensively for the three nights, alternating between the medium at 170 lumens and high at 350 lumens, and played with H1 at 2300 several times because its new of course. The difference between 170 amd 350 isnt hugely significant, but the 350 can offer just a hair better light up and avoid the PID. For most uses, the 170 works perfect, and even though it's significantly floodier than the HI, it still offers plenty enough throw to light up in a well lit place. With all that use, and messing around with H1, I came home and voltage was still 3.93 after 3 nights. Extremely satisfied with that efficiency. This is with a Sony VT6, so should even do better with the Panasonic at 3500 mah.

As far as white walling it, yes the corona shift is noticeable indoors, and its got a hint of yellow to it. Not near as nice a color as the Fd plus, but it works, amd outdoors, this becomes less noticeable. On a side note, when comparing to the sc5 for tint and hot spot, it reminded me how nice the tint and beam quality is on the sc5. Clean transition from hot spot to spill consistent beam color, and a beautiful rosy slight magenta tint. For a non high CRI light, the sc5 is awesome. Run times for my uses, just don't cut it. For the house though, it is the perfect light.

All in all I love the IV plus. For me its two lights in one. The HI and Fd plus. Both of which I'll keep though, because they excel at their given purpose. Throw and beautiful high CRI flood.

Satisfied again by Zebralight.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got my sc600w IV plus, and did a runtime test for H1.
the white spot is for reference, and the yellow spot is from the sc600w IV plus.
During the test, the sc600w IV plus was cooled by a fan.

Hey dofty,

Thanks for posting your runtime video! It looks like you only got about 25 minutes of runtime in H1. Is that correct? If so, was the battery fully charged? I'm asking because 25 minutes is very very different than the advertised 1.8 hours. Thank you!!

Connor

Enlightened
It looks like you only got about 25 minutes of runtime in H1. Is that correct? If so, was the battery fully charged? I'm asking because 25 minutes is very very different than the advertised 1.8 hours.

Note: During the test, the sc600w IV plus was cooled by a fan.

If the light is sufficiently cooled and thus able to run nearly on max, 20-30 mins is what you will get from a good cell.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note: During the test, the sc600w IV plus was cooled by a fan.

If the light is sufficiently cooled and thus able to run nearly on max, 20-30 mins is what you will get from a good cell.

I figured, but wanted to know for sure. I guess Zebralight's 1.8 hours is without a fan and just left to fluctuate according to temp. So holding the light in your hand would change things quite a bit since your hand cools it, not to mention the surrounding temperature/conditions. I wonder what a "real-world" use runtime would be??

Last edited:

Connor

Enlightened
Depends on the air temperature and your skin temperature and how strongly you grip it. It's always regulated by the PID to the as bright as possible while being at the set temperature limit (51°C +-5°C, I think).