Zebralight SC64w HI

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Right on! Let us know what you think.

FWIW NKON received my returned HI with the weird switch, and agreed that it felt very off and sent it back to ZL for repair.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Well, I received my second SC64w HI and have to say that I was disappointed in that one as well due to poor anodizing – not the color, but overall feel and quality of it. Sent it back and got refunded.

As you can see, there's a noticeable variation in the color near the tail-cap. the lighter side feels like the ano is thin and the finish is non-uniform, dry and almost chalky feeling, as if it was eaten away by a chemical. It doesn't feel like the polished stone that the other seven or so ZL's I've handled do. There are also some spots scattered throughout the body that almost resemble pitting you'd find on a rusted metal.

It's too bad; I really loved the tint on this light and it would have made for a good walking in the woods light or portable bike light in the summer... But I decided I won't give it a third shot. I can just use my current herd more often as they cover all of my needs anyway. No harm in waiting for the SC65's to come out. I've been messing around with some LEE filters on my Plus to try to satiate my desire for a good tint.

Interesting aside, it looks like the logo and model engravement isn't laser etched, but laser engraved, right down to the bare aluminum. Looks pretty cool, but I do prefer the subtlety of the etching on my Plus.

Here's a collection of photos: https://imgur.com/a/Bw2x4Pa

The ano color and quality difference between my darkest Zebra (H53c) and this SC64w HI is night and day.

This image highlights my issue (look near the tailcap):

JcVkQ9V.jpg

MKayze

Newly Enlightened
Here are some beamshots comparing SC64w, SC64w HI and SC600w Mk IV HI. The house is 120 meters away (360 feet). Shot with an iPhone but locked exposure and focus for the 3 pictures.

p.jpeg

Can you reupload the photos?

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Reposting by request:

House is 120 meters away, focus/exposure locked for all pictures.

MJAiait.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts