Bay Area CPF BBQ and Flashapalooza - June 17th

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Lowbat said, it might be easier to take Alum Rock off and just go east on Alum Rock (head for the hills). Alum Rock turns into CA130, Mt. Hamilton Road.

Take I880 from the East Bay
Take Mission Blvd off in Fremont and go to I680 (about 2-3 blocks)
Go South on I680 towards San Jose
Take the Alum Rock turnoff going East
Just keep going until you get to the gate
Drive carefully, on CA 130, it gets a little tight in places.

270winchester said:
here is the direction listed on mapquest:

Nick

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
I just called Walter (mobile1) and he has graciously allowed me to bring a Gatlight V2 with me. Actually he suggested it which I thought was very nice considering I only met him a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I will have to return the light to him on Sunday but he did say that another CPF run is probably planned for those who have missed out so far. See you all at the park close to 5 today.

Steve

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Like Lowbat said, it might be easier to take Alum Rock off and just go east on Alum Rock (head for the hills). Alum Rock turns into CA130, Mt. Hamilton Road.

fantastic direction brighteyez!!! thanks a lot, that was the set of direction I was looking for.

Are you gonna be there too?

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:

Brighteyez,
"Just keep going until you get to the gate" does lead to a gate but that is in Alum Rock Park and the getogether is in Joseph Grant Park at 18405 Hamilton Rd. I think your directions are fine onto Alum Rock but then we have to take a right on Mt. Hamilton Rd. and go for another 8 miles.

"Joseph D. Grant County Park is located at 18405 Mt. Hamilton Rd., San Jose, CA 95140, in the east of Santa Clara Valley. Travel to the park by taking Highway 101 or Highway 680 to Alum Rock Avenue eastbound in San Jose. Turn right onto Mt. Hamilton Road and travel eight miles to reach the park entrance."

For those of you going to Alum Rock Park just look up and south for all the lights. You'll find us.

Park Office: (408) 274-6121

Steve

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Naw, kids and grandkids are in town for the weekend.
As Steve said, you have to take a right onto CA130 from Alum Rock. Been a few years since I've been to Grant Park.

270winchester said:
Are you gonna be there too?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Looking forward to reading all about it and seeing whatever pics turns up here.

Enjoy!

knifebright

Enlightened
i'm pretty much a no-go at this point. Nick can fill you all in on the details but the short story is the TSA has all my lights/knives/batteries and i thought i'd have them back by now.
jimmy

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
knifebright said:
i'm pretty much a no-go at this point. Nick can fill you all in on the details but the short story is the TSA has all my lights/knives/batteries and i thought i'd have them back by now.
jimmy
:(

gimmejr

Newly Enlightened
Am I the first one back? Sorry I didnt bring a camera so youll have to wait for the campers to get back for some of those. Nice to meet everyone and see the cool flashlights, the two I brought didnt compare to the ones I saw.

CLHC

Flashaholic
On returning home this evening, I was looking towards Mt. Hamilton to see if there was any "unusual" lighting activity. :huh:

Wish I could have been there. . . :awman:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC: That light you saw was our 20000+ lumen aircraft landing light. <major grin>

Note to all those who took the picture, just hold out for another 12 hours to make CHC and knifebright sweat :nana:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm just loading them up right now. Give me 5-minutes :)

Make that ten, I gotta put some more salve on all my mosquito bites ;)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a great turnout! I was surprised to see so many people. As usual, everyone was very nice and we had a good time. Great to see all the new faces.

I should have took some pics of the SPY that SteveStephens brought. VERY nice light, smooth operation, nice sturdy quality and beam. We had the Comando II stunGun Flashlight. The USLs had their own dualing BBQ. Nice to see the new Gatlight version. Thanks for donating it. OH! And a really sweeet 50w HiD with an excellent reflector and wide range of focusability. OH ya, and a couple of new HiD designs which looked like 3D mags from the future! :)

Special big thanks go out to Larry aka LowBat for doing such a great job and his generous steak BBQ contribution.

Thanks Larry!! :twothumbs

Enjoy the pics...

P1040218.jpg

P1040220.jpg

P1040221.jpg

P1040224.jpg

P1040225.jpg

Here they are!
P1040226.jpg

So we pulled out the USL's and double teamed them!!
P1040228.jpg

Here's JimH with a trafic cone on my USL...
LMAO a 2400 LUMEN trafic cone sure gets your attention
P1040229.jpg

Then we had a little fun with a HiD Showdown and hoedown
P1040231.jpg

P1040234.jpg

P1040233.jpg

P1040235.jpg

P1040236.jpg

P1040240.jpg

P1040241.jpg

P1040247.jpg

Here are more of the victems ;)
P1040246.jpg

P1040242.jpg

For those that didn't make it, there's always next time :) We gotta fit another one in this summer or early fall.

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
I have pictures, but I can't upload them to photobucket without it shrinking them massively. It says that it will resize pictures bigger than 1 mb, but all mine are aroung 700 kb, and it resizes them to around 50 kb, 512 x 384.

I have not had this problem before, that I can remember. Does anyone know how to fix it? Or I could email my pictures to someone else, if they can host them.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gotta say the food was fantastic, thanks to all those who cooked(shedevil, etc) jim's beans did live up to its fame and Steven's potatoes.....mmmm....

Having the chance to operate the Eagle-eye and the 50w HID was amazing, and looking forwad to HarryN's pocket rocket...

Oh yeah, Tony, in one of your pics Harry's car looks like a Rally car with 4-5 HID lamps on the hood and on top....incidentally it's got all wheel drive too....

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
dagger10k said:
I have pictures, but I can't upload them to photobucket without it shrinking them massively. It says that it will resize pictures bigger than 1 mb, but all mine are aroung 700 kb, and it resizes them to around 50 kb, 512 x 384.

I have not had this problem before, that I can remember. Does anyone know how to fix it? Or I could email my pictures to someone else, if they can host them.
I took the easy way this time. I emailed the large pics to myself and outlook resized them all quickly, then I loaded 'em all up to photobucket and the results are above. Worked well enough.

Latest posts