Orlando - Shot Show Events and Experiences

Arcoholic

Enlightened
o.k. this is just so......... last year there was written reports within a very short period.
So please lay of the cocktails and start typing if you can not take any pics.................

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L5 uses an optic? Hmmm, would I be correct in assuming that it looks like they put a Cree in a KL3 head? I just ordered a C2/KL3 combo for the intention of putting in one of the new SSC P4 Crees' that are 118 lumens at 350ma....And the KL3 is driven at 450ma! ( I believe...)

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
DaFABRICATA said:
PICS!!!!
ANYTHING!!!!:rant:
I know theres some sneaky ways of gettin' some pics!:sssh:
yeah like the "special people" that were allowed to see the execution of sadom hussein and they got it on video phone, so why cant we see pics of new lights?

Last edited:

straightblast

Newly Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
yeah like the "special people" that were allowed to see the execution of sadom hussein and they got it on video phone, so why can we see pics of new lights?

haha!

etf

Newly Enlightened
Ugghh... what kind of optic is SF using on the new L5s?

The optics on my Surefires (L1, KL1) produce ugly ringy tunnel vision beams... I much prefer the reflectors. If I'm going to be paying Surefire prices, I want Surefire quality beams.

Can't say I'm happy about switching to optics on the L5... unless these "new" optics can produce beam quality equal to the reflectored L5 I currently have.

Last edited:

KROMATICS

Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
no one knows "for sure" that is is a new L5. it could be a new KL3 just one a l5/m2/c2 body.

True but the L5 is also supposed to be one of the first lights to go Cree.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
KROMATICS said:
True but the L5 is also supposed to be one of the first lights to go Cree.
yeah thats true.but i cant get why they would transform a great throw/flood light to an all throw no spill light? guess we will have to wait till the new catolages to come out to see all the specs:grin2:

one nice thing about the older catoluges is that it showed pk's desk so you could see all the prototypes. i look back in the 05 magazine and can see a kroma and many others.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got to play with a Titan "pocket rocket" and its very slick. Very smooth transition from barely lit to full blast and all points in between, just by turning the bezel. High quality fit and finish and pocket sized. Thanks to Al for that opportunity.

Several of the Surefires are going Cree and were there for demonstration, as already mentioned. The L5 is one, it's beam was very good, and bright. The new L1 is shorter and brighter, with longer runtime. In fact the runtimes listed on all the Cree lights were amazing....wish I could remember them...I'm sure someone will report back.

The square hotspot is out, and conventional round hot spots with bright spill are in.

There will be an X300 weaponlight with the throw of the X200A and the spill of the X200B, and round, not square hotspot.

I saw the Peak product lineup at their booth and was very impressed with the quality and workmanship. Also met arewethereyetdad and got to handle a titanium PD he had with him.....very solid and well built light....smaller than I envisioned it to be.

Stopped by the NovaTac booth but the guys were too busy at the time so we moved on.

I played with a Streamilight TLR-2 that had a beam that equalled my Fenix PID-CE on high. I'm not sure how it did that, but it was the brightest Lux III I'd ever seen.

Night-Ops has a whole line up of impressive lights on display as well.

Lot's of really nice guns and knives too.

The show was soooo big, something like 700,000 sq feet, and 40,000 attendees from all over the world.

I got a few good pics, I'll post them later....(including me with the models :D). Many of the exhibitors hired professional models to (wo)man their booths and draw more traffic. Peak was right across from the best one.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benchmade's display was big and I don't know the whole line well enough to recognize the new ones.

The titan is not cree. It has a reflector.

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Stingray said:
The titan is not cree. It has a reflector.

Are you sure it's not a Cree? A Cree can be used with a reflector and it's efficient so it would work well with a CR2.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlexGT said:
So did all members who went to shot show forget a camera?????

I'll repeat this: cameras are a no-no at SHOT, so, unless they're press related photos, you'll probably NOT see any photos of anything new until the manufacturer decides to release them.

-dan

Latest posts