AND THE OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER IS .....

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Re: AN THE OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER IS .....

I'll bring the chips. :wave:

i0Iy1EIYeo6gY.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Speaking of which, what's up with the "ladies" reaction to Juan Pablo. The guy's as dumb as a sack of rocks.

Had to look that up; it would appear you are making a Bachelor reference.. You can still redeem yourself by claiming that a significant other made the post..

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

"Listen, I left McLaren,, not the other way around!"

Juan Pablo ^

StarHalo

Flashaholic

7?? In what kind of time lapse?

Not duplicates of the specific, original Wow Signal, rather instances where some unusually complex signal was received that couldn't be accounted for, via the SETI@Home program, which has been running for ~15 years. It's probably going to happen a lot more often as computers continue to get exponentially faster and chew through more data. I remember back when I upgraded from a 486 PC to a Pentium II; the individual data "batches" that used to take 40 hours now took 4 - and of course a current smartphone is much faster than both of those computers put together..

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not duplicates of the specific, original Wow Signal, rather instances where some unusually complex signal was received that couldn't be accounted for, via the SETI@Home program, which has been running for ~15 years. It's probably going to happen a lot more often as computers continue to get exponentially faster and chew through more data. I remember back when I upgraded from a 486 PC to a Pentium II; the individual data "batches" that used to take 40 hours now took 4 - and of course a current smartphone is much faster than both of those computers put together..

Interesting, I didn't know there had been other Wow signals discovered through SETI@home. Now, proving it's not a case of putting a thousand monkeys in a room with a typewriter thing might be a little tougher... perhaps it is better not to mention it too loud to avoid giving skeptics any more ideas (or have they thought about it already?) :sssh:

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Now, proving it's not a case of putting a thousand monkeys in a room with a typewriter thing might be a little tougher...

Almost certainly all remnants of deep space phenomena we aren't familiar with (though I'm just hedging my bet so I can say I was right in the negative instance and be pleasantly surprised otherwise..)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

Almost certainly all remnants of deep space phenomena we aren't familiar with (though I'm just hedging my bet so I can say I was right in the negative instance and be pleasantly surprised otherwise..)

I personally believe extra-terrestrials communicate through more sophisticated means or by telepathy and, if they ever did use narrow-band signals, their technology evolved past that too long ago and therefore those signals are already past us. That or they're too far off for us to pick up more than just Wow-type tidbits :D

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

I personally believe extra-terrestrials communicate through more sophisticated means or by telepathy and, if they ever did use narrow-band signals, their technology evolved past that too long ago and therefore those signals are already past us. That or they're too far off for us to pick up more than just Wow-type tidbits :D

+

We know what you'll do...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

1bb_146e20_3c72c3c2_oJ.jpg.thumb

Sure, come and get me! However, I doubt that stepping on a land mine that has been laid ages ago not knowing if anyone would ever step on it would qualify as actual "murder" to your "Pre-Cogs", therefore never revealing my location and not leading you here in the first place! That's right, I have a copy of the file on your little organization!

StarHalo

Flashaholic

I doubt that stepping on a land mine that has been laid ages ago not knowing if anyone would ever step on it would qualify as actual "murder" to your "Pre-Cogs"

(she would already know if she were going to step on a land mine..)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

(she would already know if she were going to step on a land mine..)

But she wouldn't be coming here now, would she? How in the world would she come here if she still was hooked to your machines and why would she care if she wasn't? There's a reason your Pre-Cogs don't get to walk out in the yard every Tuesdays... Your logic makes no sense!

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Hey! Anyone else noticed we're missing a "D" in the topic-title? :duh2:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well... Just make sure to put it back when you're done with it. Topic-title looks unprofessional. Like one of those you'd find on those Wanna-be flashlight forums.