Any HDS Twisty News?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
All,

As often happens, there have been issues getting the various parts into production and obtaining the correct results. A procedure that worked perfectly during the low volume test suddenly stopped working in the first high volume run. It took a couple of weeks to sort out what had gone wrong, fix the procedure and have the vendor(s) do the run a second time. It took us another week to sort out a problem with an incorrect part placement on the circuit board. A trivial problem to fix once the true cause was discovered. Prior to those problems we found a bizarre software bug that took us a week to track down and squash - where most software problems only take an hour or two.

But we have persevered and fixed the production problems one by one. There is a big difference between building one of something by hand and building hundreds of something in a production environment.

The good news is that the first batch is just completing the assembly process and the second batch is already in production. I expect the first batch to be finished tomorrow. They still need calibration, final testing and packaging. But I expect to have the first batch ready to ship by the end of the week. I believe you will find the Twisty was worth the wait.

Henry.

Edwood

Enlightened
Any teaser pics, Henry?

Which type of emitter is in the 100 Lumen model? Seoul? or Cree?

I'm eagerly awaiting beamshots. I really loved my U60 XRGT, but not so much it's size and how warm it got. Looking forward to the Twisty.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Henry told me at SHOT that it is a Seoul P4. He had a demo and it looked like a Seoul LED.

Bill

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I have no idea where I stand in line or even how many were pre-ordered. I'm still in, however and have no intention of canceling this late in the game.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
Battery Station's reply to my inquiry today:

Twisties are in route to us now but not sure yet how many. They begin leaving our facility next week.
Kevin

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Date : 9 Nov 2007 - 22:00
Order ID : 1735313

Any one know where i stand in line?

driven

Newly Enlightened
Date : 9 Nov 2007 - 22:00
Order ID : 1735313

Any one know where i stand in line?

You are in front of me- order 1755589 on Nov 18. If the numbers are sequential, that would be 20276 orders (for all items, not just Twisties) in 9 days. That seems high, so there might be a checksum digit or something in the order numbers.

turbodog

Flashaholic
You are in front of me- order 1755589 on Nov 18. If the numbers are sequential, that would be 20276 orders (for all items, not just Twisties) in 9 days. That seems high, so there might be a checksum digit or something in the order numbers.

Unlike some assume, batterystation sells to more than just CPF and other items other than solely HDS products.

This is a recurring theme here....... that manufacturers exist only to service us. With our constant whining and unrealistic expectations it's a wonder ANY mfg has a presence here at all.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a recurring theme here....... that manufacturers exist only to service us. With our constant whining and unrealistic expectations it's a wonder ANY mfg has a presence here at all.

+1

Access to the manufacturers is one of the greatest thing about CPF. We unfortunately live in a time where many people are entirely too egocentric in their thinking... it's all about me baby:shakehead

They risk nothing, produce nothing, need everything and the moment that they are made the slightest bit uncomfortable or the moment that something does not go their way, they do the only thing that they can... they whine and complain loudly and often.

It really is sad.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goatee.....AMEN!

Because this is an active forum, the assumption is made that Manufacturer's are dependent and or "tuned in" to CPF wants and wishes. IMO a huge FANTASY. Henry mentioned in another thread the issues regarding "production" manufacturing.

It seems that many here have absolutely no idea or experience about manufacturing, quality control, repair etc...yet make very brash statements regarding same.

The internet allows anyone to be anybody or anything they choose (pretend) to be.

Are we really that "anxious" about having something that there needs to be all the negative criticism? Sometime the "anticipation" and looking forward is more fun than the actual event :)

Another "just my opinion" reply.

jeffb

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers to Dog, Goat and Jeff for thier collective wisdom and exhibiting the sprit and respect that I think, Henry and this cool little light deserve.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lumenz

Enlightened
I can agree with you guys on people's expectations being too high, but this particular sub-topic was in result of driven saying that he thought it unlikely that Battery Station had 20276 orders in 9 days, which would be over 2,000 orders per day.

I agree with driven that this is unlikely (although not necessarily impossible) and his statement does not reflect his unrealistic expectations, but rather an inconsistency in the order numbers. I think turbodog read too much in driven's statement.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I think your right lumenz driven was just stating that the numbers didn't add up.I think some just might have an issue with how cpf thinks about how manufacturing should wait on us hand and foot.We are a voice, but not the only voice

Status
Not open for further replies.