Any nice 2x AAA pen-style lights?

konut

Newly Enlightened
stoven said:
The light you are talking about sounds like a Fenix LOD CE with a 2xAAA body, pocket clip, and tailcap clicky. Sounds like it would be a pretty decent light. The problem is fitting a clicky in that small of a form factor. You might only be able to have a tailcap twisty like the streamlight and all the other pen lights.

1st post. I've got the L0D CE and would LOVE a 2xAAA body as is. The head twisty is 'like buttah'. I'd be willing to bet that someone would let the smoke out of theirs with 2x10440 within the 1st week though. :oops:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Smoken Joe

Newly Enlightened
ringzero said:
I've been heavily into penlights for years. These two models by UK are about the best penlights I've ever had - certainly the best for their reasonable prices.

LED: http://www.brightguy.com/products/UK_2AAA_LED_Penlight_S_(eLED).php

Incan: http://www.brightguy.com/products/UK_2AAA_Penlight_S.php

I have one of these in the twisty format and it is a near perfect light except it could be brighter but really it has more light than I need for anything I ever use it for. Dispite the lower rating the LED version seems much brighter than the Incandesent.

I am a nurse and love the fact you can dunk it to clean it. most 1 AAA lights are too short to use as a pin light and the others are to fat to fit in your pocket.

Dual AAA is the ideal form factor for me if only there was a Cree one.

randyo

Enlightened
What we really need is for Peak to come out with a screw-in clickie switch for their lights. The momentary switch is "OK", but a clickie would be a big seller IMHO - Even if it adds a 1/4 to 1/2" to the overall length. The important thing is the switch. With that, and all the Matterhorn/Fujiyama heads and bodies available, they would proabably sell a ton.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
A few months ago the Winchester 3AAA penlight in the fishing department at Walmart went up from $6 to $10 :rant: Fortunately I had already purchased one and it is much more sturdy than the Energizer 2AAA. The Winchester is just slightly longer, far less than the length of the third AAA cell. The tailcap threads are much better than the Energizer and the tailcap has a ring of light knurling. It also has a forward momentary microswitch clickie. Almost silent. The pocket clip is not that great, it's a smaller chrome version of the River Rock 2AAA style. The Winchester is slightly brighter than the Energizer too. Both lights have their LED exposed at the end of the body but you can add a rubber tube at the end to cut down on the floody beam and protect the surface of the LED. The Winchester is also black instead of chrome or gold. I recommend it although I certainly wish it was still $6.