Any Surefire Z-series addicts out there?

yowzer

Enlightened
I have a stock G2Z that I'm fond of, and just got an AZ2 which I fell in love with for its awesome neutral whitish tint, but no plain metal Z2. Can I join the club anyways?

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Luxlunatic for sure thats I would rock if i were a Storm Trooper.

Here is my 18650'd Z2 with MD M61 and a XENO Black Smooth Bezel Ring, Z59, AW 2900 mAh
DSC03235.jpg

Z2 with a KX4
DSC03240.jpg

G2Z with MD M61, XENO Black Smooth Bezel Ring, G2X Tailcap, AW 2900 mAh
DSC03238.jpg

G2Z with KX4 with G2X Tailcap, AW 2XRCR123s
DSC03236.jpg

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Bezel rings coming soon :D

Looks so good I just ordered a black M2 bezel and black crenelated ring from Oveready! Cant wait to slap it on my Z2!

NICE! :huh:

Just scored one of your C2 Recon's in the Buy/Sell/Trade section and cannot wait to apply the finishing touch in the shape of a steel bezel ring.

It let me purchase one moments ago so I am assuming they are in stock and ready to go!

(also take that C2 Recon talk outta this Z2 thread as it makes me jealous :poke: )

aldagoods

Newly Enlightened
Recently picked up a Z2 incan new on a good deal [20% off - couldnt let it go]. I have had a 6PL that I swapped one of the solarforce LED dropins into which at 320lm is by far my brightest light. But always wasnt the biggest fan of the 6P because of the tube diameter -- I have big hands, but it always felt big. Loving the new Z2. Reminds me a lot of my dad's C3 with how the grip feels. Swapped out the incan bulb in the Z2 for the solarforce, and plan on selling my 6PL. ALso love the wider diameter head with both the incan and LED for more flood [compared to my E series with both lumens factory and TLS head options which are really throwy with tight spots].

Random question: the head on the Z2 and 6P are the same size. Does the thinner battery tube affect the voltage or heat transfer from the head in any way? I assume it's no different, but, if the 6P is better at handling higher current/heat [e.g. if I dropped a Malkoff M91 into it]? I know the 6P is loved for the dropin versatility, but, being I love the body of the Z2, is there any reason other than having a bigger light collection for me to keep the 6P performance wise? Thanks all.

P.S. I am using AW's RCR123's, the 3.7v guys.

P.S.S.: Is it true that the new Z2 LED's, you cannot swap out the bulb? It's all a fixed head?

Erzengel

Enlightened
Random question: the head on the Z2 and 6P are the same size. Does the thinner battery tube affect the voltage or heat transfer from the head in any way? ...

The thinner tube should not affect the electrical current. Maybe you can measure a small difference of some microamps if You use high end scientific equipment, but this doesn't affect output and runtime in a noticeable amount.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my modest personal collection... I had to dig for some of these.... Plus I just got a new Z2-S I had to include...

IMG_6416_1024x768-1.jpg

L to R: L2-S, Bored Z2 with FM C series bezel Penta tailcap and M61, Z2 LED body bored with Z49 matte Z44 FM35 and Manafont 3 mode XM-L, Bored Z2 with KX4-BKHA and McClicky modified Z44

Nothing too fancy... Mostly stock Surefire except for the FM stuff and Malkoffs...

Last edited:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Z2X looks pretty sweet, Shao! Have a hard time choosing between that and the AZ2 or an A2L-WH...

I was so close to buying that AZ2-S from LA Police Supply or whatever that site was with the sale... 15% off especially... I love the Z series more than any other, unfortunately, I've been unable to find a decent supply of Z3s and 6Zs... Both on my list of hosts to snatch up while I can... Surefire needs to make a HA Z2... Unfortunately, only my buddy Dan supplies those and I can't afford one for myself right now... If I were you, I'd go AZ2... just because the Z series always rocks the party...

Shao

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AZ-2 is awesome and I would recommend it over the A2L!

Unless you need a pocket clip and prefer blue tints :devil:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm limited on funds...but I do have a second 9Z that I've looking to trade...

The AZ2 will probably be next on my list though, now that i have my Kroma MIL-SPEC and M3LT. Quick question, what's the threading on the AZ2 like? Is the head E-Series compatible? Will the AZ2 body accept other 2-Cell E-Series heads???

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it will accept other e-series heads. Tail cap threads are c/p-series.

Two stage E2e :devil:

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! Man, the lego's you could! A combat grip L4? A combat grip E1B (when used with a dummy cell)...any E-series could be essentially turned into a combat grip style version of it's self! Now THAT is awesome!