Any Surefire Z-series addicts out there?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
tobrien,
Your "DIY Z3" was an inspiration. I haven't tried it yet with my one Z2 (not including G2Zs), but I have an A19 somewhere to dig out to try it with.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
tobrien,
Your "DIY Z3" was an inspiration. I haven't tried it yet with my one Z2 (not including G2Zs), but I have an A19 somewhere to dig out to try it with.
thanks man! :) I really liked reading that!

My DIY Z3 has been amazing for me. I also plan on getting Barry at Precision Works to bore the Z2 and A19 to 18mm, so that'll make it that much more useful.

It's nice not being locked into a 3x CR123/2x 17500 format and being able to use one 17670, for example, or two CR123As for "normal" drivers that can take a max of 'just' 6v.
I can't see that being too comfortable to hold unless you have large hands...

I have Sasquatch hands :(

T45

Enlightened
Just got my Z3 a couple of months back. Love it! My Z collection is now: a Z2, G2Z, and the Z3. I have all ready put a M2/Z32 ribbed bezel on it and an Oveready bezel ring. Future mod will be a McClicky hard press, maybe an UCL.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my Z3 a couple of months back. Love it! My Z collection is now: a Z2, G2Z, and the Z3. I have all ready put a M2/Z32 ribbed bezel on it and an Oveready bezel ring. Future mod will be a McClicky hard press, maybe an UCL.

I hope you treat her well :D

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Z1, Z2, Z3....
Z_Collection.jpg

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool set! We need to get someone to order more of those red squared o-rings. ;) They are nice too.

The Z1 looks like a special little host there.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, it is my first Z3 and it just arrived today. I will probably send it to PrecisionWorks to get it bored.
I am trying to get a run of the 1's made but am looking for a good machine shop.

Last edited:

FPSRelic

Enlightened
A Z3 bored for 18.65mm cells is one of my "holy grail" lights. Unfortunately I've never had any luck in getting even a regular Z3. One day though....

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I have the Z3, I'm not sure if I want a forever light with 3x primaries and an HiCRILLL or go with a super high power triple.

T45

Enlightened
Thanks, it is my first Z3 and it just arrived today. I will probably send it to PrecisionWorks to get it bored.
I am trying to get a run of the 1's made but am looking for a good machine shop.

Please keep us updated about this project!

JedSmith

Newly Enlightened
Hi fellow Z Fans ! This likely has been answered somewhere before. But since many Z guys have gathered on this thread I'll go ahead & ask - does boring out a classic SF weaken it (in a practical sense) ? Does it lower its value ? My first 'expensive' flashlight was a 6Z. I dropped in a Malkoff & had these two questions about having it bored out. The light has been kept in extremely good condition - maybe 98-99 % Thanks !

Last edited: