Aspherical Mag Sign-Up

Led_Blind

Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:
Just went looking to see how far down the list I am, only 1 ahead of me apparently. Whoo hoo. But...
Seems I'm like the only person without my order specified in the first post.

So to be sure I'll quote myself from my first post... and restate that green side switch is fine.
If I feel like pimping out my mag I can send it off to someone here on CPF later.

Thanks

Dude, i posted my interest ages ago, by my count i was about the 21s right after XFlash, to say yes..... and I am not on the list.

I have commented on 2 seperate ocations that i was not on the list..... and i am still not on the list....

Should i give up? Probably should seeing none of my posts did anything.

Cerberus

Newly Enlightened
Don't give up yet, I am 10 on the list and am still waiting on mine. I bet he eventually gets back to you.

The ones who've posted about theirs keep me counting the days 'till mine arrives.

Cerberus

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't give up yet Led_Blind

This is my first dealing with Mac, so I can't comment on much... still trying to figure out what's going on... but he's got a good reputation. I understand that he does a whole lot around here so he's not doing just these lights but a couple other projects at the same time, as well as personal life, etc. I'm sure he'll make it right.

At first I was hoping for fins etc as an option but from his responses it seemed that he wasn't very interested. So I just settled on the most simple build so as to hopefully get my sweet aspherical quickly. I'll think about making my own later.
Me, I just love optics, so this was a no-brainer to sign up for. We'll see how it plays out.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac will come through no doubt about that.
The man is a perfectionist and will not rest until he deliver the goods.

He also just bought a house,that may have something to do with the delay.

Either way he will deliver.
Benny

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led_Blind said:
Dude, i posted my interest ages ago, by my count i was about the 21s right after XFlash, to say yes..... and I am not on the list.

I have commented on 2 seperate ocations that i was not on the list..... and i am still not on the list....

Here is your original post

Led_Blind said:
Sounds interesting but is it possible to get something slightly different?? That is non-chopped 2 or 3 D cell mag.

My intention would be to add a converter to the light after recieving it and run it from ni-mh or alk as required.

I offered a side switch and a tailswitch model I don't see you referencing either model that was offered.

I just purchased a house and have been there working on it every minute of my spare time since I closed last month on the 30th. I have not touched a light since. Within the next few weeks hopefully I will start working on lights again after I get the new house liveable.

Cerebus you should have your light saturday.....sorry for the Delay.

Mac

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led_Blind said:

Take it from me as the first from the list who haven't received them (order 2, one each) yet but never a bit worry simply because it is from Mac! Just like other member said, "Mac is a perfectionist" and I remember twice that I sent my already modified Maglite to get them finned and fluted only. And guess what he centered the bulb for a perfect beam on both flashlights (that was not a simple task either) for me at NO charge.:rock: :goodjob: I didn't have any idea that the beam was off earlier neither.

Normally once he ships your piece, you will also get a notice from PayPal email.

Kabible

Enlightened
Hey Choppers, I'm opting out of my spot #42. It's yours if you want it.

UPDATE: Choppers says thanks but no thanks.*** Spot #42 is up for grabs**

Last edited:

Cerberus

Newly Enlightened
I have been using mine for over a week now.......it is a beast of a thrower.....I love it!

Thanks again:rock:

Cerberus

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
martonic said:
Is anyone able to measure the 1m lux out of this light?

I'm not able to measure lux on mine, but if I'm not mistaken I think Mac said that he measured them at over 50K lux...hope that helps!

PJD

easilyled

Flashaholic
Received my red-finned light yesterday.

Simply amazing throw for an led-light, nothing else compares.

Also, the beam is more than useful when defocussed to a broader
area.

Flawless build too - thanks Mac.

:rock:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
First picture at 1 meter, then just for fun at half a meter!!! :twothumbs :wow: :clap:

AsphericalMag16.jpg

AsphericalMag15.jpg

martonic said:
Is anyone able to measure the 1m lux out of this light?

martonic

Enlightened
Tanasit, Thank you very much!

Mac, the "white laser" has been great fun around here - thank you!

amik

Newly Enlightened
Edit: Found one for sale from another member :) . Thanks.

Last edited:

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
Bump to keep the thread alive, and for any updated info, should anyone have any.

Thanks...............Frank

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, any update on this project?
Also new house = new shop = new projects....:D

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, any update on this project?
Also new house = new shop = new projects....:D

Sorry for the Delays. You ashperical has been done for months it's the other projects that are partially completed :(

I will send you ashperical out tomorrow. The house is now livable and I just moved my lathes over to the new garage this past Sunday. The shop is is framed but thats about it :( I'm going to setup my original lathe this week in the garage and then move it into the shop when it's complete.

Mac