• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BLF GTvn Micro

Patriot

Flashaholic
"White2: 800L, 80Kcd" (From the Skylumen website)

Well, there's our answer. 200L, 40Kcd behind. Just shows how amazing the GTvn Micro is. I guess now we need a GT Nano in 16340!

GT Micro is KING! Major letdown about the TX25C being 2/3rds the CD and only 2mm difference in head size... not to mention the skinnier body of the GT Micro! I wonder if the W1 versions of these two lights are directly proportionate to the W2 comparison. Most likely so. Plus the Micro GTvn is way cheaper!!! We have a winner! Time to buy like 5 of these bad boys haha.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm also surprised the difference is that significant. The ratio of reflector to LED size would be even greater with the W1 so the gap between the two lights might be even greater. Still, the TX25Cvn does own the title of best throwing 16340.

Speaking of the W1, does anyone own the GT Micro with W1 and if so, what are the specs for that light? Vinh doesn't have it listed as a current mod offering.

I'm also surprised the difference is that significant. The ratio of reflector to LED size would be even greater with the W1 so the gap between the two lights might be even greater. Still, the TX25Cvn does own the title of best throwing 16340.

Speaking of the W1, does anyone own the GT Micro with W1 and if so, what are the specs for that light? Vinh doesn't have it listed as a current mod offering.

I forget where I read it, but I saw him or someone else post 140k CD for W1. IMO for the loss in Lumens and hot spot size, I think W2 is more sensible and still equally impressive.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I forget where I read it, but I saw him or someone else post 140k CD for W1. IMO for the loss in Lumens and hot spot size, I think W2 is more sensible and still equally impressive.

Yes, that actually sounds very familiar... and thank you! I believe Vinh had that spec listed at one time but then I couldn't find it.

Agreed, it's not worth the output loss.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
GT Micro is KING! Major letdown about the TX25C being 2/3rds the CD and only 2mm difference in head size... not to mention the skinnier body of the GT Micro! I wonder if the W1 versions of these two lights are directly proportionate to the W2 comparison. Most likely so. Plus the Micro GTvn is way cheaper!!! We have a winner! Time to buy like 5 of these bad boys haha.

Why would a light that is noticeably smaller than the GTvn Micro pushing 80Kcd a major let down? Price aside I think their performance dominate their own class. If we do decide to compare them in terms of throw performance I think 693m VS 566m difference is a fair trade off. 22% less throw for a light that is roughly 20% smaller in size sounds about right to me.

The 50% difference in price significant but its the price we have to pay for new Driver and higher host cost.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two amazing lights, IMO. I have the TX25Cvn (XPG2) and love it. About to add both the GT micro (and the mini) to my V54 collection.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Why would a light that is noticeably smaller than the GTvn Micro pushing 80Kcd a major let down? Price aside I think their performance dominate their own class. If we do decide to compare them in terms of throw performance I think 693m VS 566m difference is a fair trade off. 22% less throw for a light that is roughly 20% smaller in size sounds about right to me.

The 50% difference in price significant but its the price we have to pay for new Driver and higher host cost.

1. Thank you SO MUCH for the size comparison pics!

2. "Noticeably smaller" in pocket or out of pocket? Out of pocket, surely, but that is irrelevant to me unfortunately.

While the TX25C is definitely shorter, I never use length (within 5 inches) to determine pocketability or even consider it in size, although it may help some (idk how it's carried / what else it is carried next to in their pockets). Actually, a longer light closer to 4-5 inches is easier to carry for me, because I carry them reflector-up in pocket. The part that bulges on pants is the lower pocket section, so the smaller the width of the tail in my use, the less bulge. Because the head will sit higher in pocket, where there is more free space and less constriction, the GT Micro is equally or more pocketable with its smaller tail diameter. (For me)

I cant use clips on lights, because I wear suits 7 days a week, and a clip on an exposed suit pocket (shirts tucked so you can't hide it) look the exact same as a clip on a knife, and I don't want to scare people (office is 90% women who are typically less understanding than men about visible clips) or put anyone on edge.

Interestingly, when comparing the Goliath V2 (25mm head x 60mm body) and the Eagtac D25LC2 (22mm head x 123mm body) I also consider them to be equally pocketable, despite 2x the length of the Eagtac, I'd rather save the 3mm difference in head size.

Therefore, I really see them (Micro/TX25C) as being in the same size class, since class to me is not determined all hard dimensions, but ones that apply in my use purposes. This is very dependent on how people carry their lights.

3. While it is fair to measure % difference in throw meters, I rarely can use my EDC lights outdoors in large open areas without disturbing people so these will mainly be used within 20m, indoors. Therefore, a 50% difference in CD is major on a white wall. While it doesn't transfer to 50% more throw, on a white wall @10 feet, it is certainly 50% more impressive.

Final conclusion: I see 22% less throw or 50% less CD for equal pocketability and $50 more, that's why I am raving about the GT now.

Disclaimer to all: I don't own a TX25C, this is speculation and based on my experience with only about 10 lights, in my use conditions, so feel free to disagree!

Last edited:

Saul Good

Enlightened
Nah, not jumping the gun. We're all having fun and guessing at the possibilities! :)

Gosh, that's hard for me to answer since I actually don't have a specific favorite. I'm sentimental for the original ArcAAA and CMG AA because for me, that was the beginning of the LED hobby. I have a couple of each and still use them in the bedrooms and car camping. Lately I'm partial to lights that I use often like the H30 headlamp for hiking the mountains and canyons, which goes well with the T27. Also, the D4vn 351 4000K 90cri is my Iphone "flash" so it gets used frequently.

There's just so many that I enjoy. How about you Saul, do you have a favorite LED?

Wow, those are some classics. If I had to narrow it down to only one light, I'd have to choose the titanium D25C with a cherry picked LED of whatever is the throwiest at any time (currently a White 1):). It's so versatile, and I can pretty much take it anywhere since it's small enough and nice enough to carry with suits or dressier clothes as well.

But the ZL H60X and TN42 are definitely right up there. I'm sure glad we don't have to choose just 1!

I hope I don't get dinged for going off topic.
But since I'm in the Micro GT thread, I will mention that it's astonishing how hard this little 14500 cell can push a single current-hungry emitter. I may be wrong, but it seems that it can push a little harder than a 16340; which I think is great because it's so slim.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Checking all of HKJ's charts, the best 14500's slightly outperform the best 16340's.
The best seems to be Efest IMR14500 650MAH (Purple) 2017.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

scout24

Flashaholic
The difference in price would be worth it to some just for the good pocket clip and cell commonality with what we already own. Just sayin'... :)

Edit: As much fun as it is owning a half dozen of every cell made, I'm personally looking to winnow the herd down a bit rather than add to and keep track of more. And a pocket clip! Something I can relate to where the switch is so I can find it in the dark! Love the Mini with it's glowing switch when off, but it would be nice if it stayed on all the time, making it easier to find in the dark.. Just my .02 Lumens.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The difference in price would be worth it to some just for the good pocket clip and cell commonality with what we already own. Just sayin'... :)

Edit: As much fun as it is owning a half dozen of every cell made, I'm personally looking to winnow the herd down a bit rather than add to and keep track of more. And a pocket clip! Something I can relate to where the switch is so I can find it in the dark! Love the Mini with it's glowing switch when off, but it would be nice if it stayed on all the time, making it easier to find in the dark.. Just my .02 Lumens.

I think I can make it stay on all the time

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a pocket clip is what the micro is missing. I wouldn't even mind if it was permanently glued on.

I actually remove all the pocket clips from my lights except for headlamps, it's the one thing I love about the GT Micro is the lack of pocket clip haha.

To each his own :) love the variety of options.

Saul Good

Enlightened
I actually remove all the pocket clips from my lights except for headlamps, it's the one thing I love about the GT Micro is the lack of pocket clip haha.

To each his own :) love the variety of options.

So how do you manage to carry your lights reflector up in your pocket without a clip? In a suit pocket no less!

So how do you manage to carry your lights reflector up in your pocket without a clip? In a suit pocket no less!

With an iPhone SE in case, parallel to it, they fill the space well and maintain vertical position. I keep the light on the inner side, and the thinner objects on the outer side, to reduce noticable pocket bulge. The same could be done with other larger flat objects such as a powerbank, wallet, or keys/pen in a proper encasement such as an organizer or sleeve.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The bar has been raised!!!

• W2: 1000L, 120Kcd, 693m
  • W1.1: 700L, 150Kcd, 774m

Last edited: