• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BLF GTvn Micro

BVH

Flashaholic
I'm not sure if they're correct but the websites show 33mm x 88mm for the TX25C and 36mm x 105mm for the Micro. I suspect that the Micro will have the advantage, if for no other reason than a slightly larger reflector. That stated, sometimes these LED's surprise us when accidentally paired with a particular reflector.

Hey Patriot! Good to see you around CPF. Still have and use the Victory's. Great Glass.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Should be great with the White 1mm then, my TX25C2 w/ Black Flat is a stellar thrower. 120kcd ish should be do-able....

What kind of numbers are you seeing with the TX25C2 and Black Flat?

Hey Patriot! Good to see you around CPF. Still have and use the Victory's. Great Glass.

Hey BVH!! Good to see you around too! I think it's really neat that you're enjoying that binocular so much. It's still one of the very best out there and I'm glad it's still with you.

Saul Good

Enlightened
Should be great with the White 1mm then, my TX25C2 w/ Black Flat is a stellar thrower. 120kcd ish should be do-able....

I agree. I have 2 TX25C2s w/ Fet drivers, so I decided to put a White 1 in one light, and a White 2 in the other. Personally, I think the White 1 is better fitted for this size reflector. Such a beautiful hotspot. It is noticeably brighter than the Black Flat too (I was able to compare the 2 side by side).

The White 1 in my TX25C2 produces a brighter hotspot than the White 2 in my GT Micro. If the same results aren't achieved in the TX25C it's because the little 16340 can push enough current. But that shouldn't really be a problem because of the much lower Vf in the White LEDs.

It's funny how for years we didn't seem to have much use for linear drivers, now we're scrambling for them to extract the full potential of these new LEDs. It's kinda refreshing:)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I agree. I have 2 TX25C2s w/ Fet drivers, so I decided to put a White 1 in one light, and a White 2 in the other. Personally, I think the White 1 is better fitted for this size reflector. Such a beautiful hotspot. It is noticeably brighter than the Black Flat too (I was able to compare the 2 side by side).

The White 1 in my TX25C2 produces a brighter hotspot than the White 2 in my GT Micro. If the same results aren't achieved in the TX25C it's because the little 16340 can push enough current. But that shouldn't really be a problem because of the much lower Vf in the White LEDs.

It's funny how for years we didn't seem to have much use for linear drivers, now we're scrambling for them to extract the full potential of these new LEDs. It's kinda refreshing:)

I love linear drivers!!!

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
These new LEDs coming out have way lower forward voltage. Cheap FET drivers just won't do them justice!

:O whaaaat. Are you suggesting the TX25C2 could be the MicroGT killer?!

Saul Good

Enlightened
:O whaaaat. Are you suggesting the TX25C2 could be the MicroGT killer?!

Haha, I'm afraid not. I was suggesting that it's possible for the TX25C to achieve more intensity with a White1 than the Micro can with a White 2; which would be pretty cool because of how tiny the TX25C is. But if both lights have the same LED, the Micro will always throw more because it has a bigger reflector.

I simply used the TX25C2 as an indicator because it has the same reflector as the TX25C.

Patriot

Flashaholic
But if both lights have the same LED, the Micro will always throw more because it has a bigger reflector.

That rule is mostly always true, "mostly." :)

Although it's been stated that the geometry of the Micro and TX25C reflectors are similar, I don't think that's been ojectively verified. A small difference in geometry can occasionally give an unexpected result with a particular LED. They're close enough in size that I'm not willing to call it, but chances are that the "bigger rule" will hold true.

Although it's been stated that the geometry of the Micro and TX25C reflectors are similar, I don't think that's been ojectively verified. A small difference in geometry can occasionally give an unexpected result with a particular LED. They're close enough in size that I'm not willing to call it, but chances are that the "bigger rule" will hold true.

This is exactly what I was hoping! Still anxious to find out.

Saul Good

Enlightened

Yes, you are right. I guess I jumped the gun already with these lights and LEDs since I've kinda already seen the results:) Sometimes, even when the "numbers" look conclusive, some LEDs just shine better (unintentional pun) in certain lights than others. So what's your all-time favorite LED light Patriot?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes, you are right. I guess I jumped the gun already with these lights and LEDs since I've kinda already seen the results:) Sometimes, even when the "numbers" look conclusive, some LEDs just shine better (unintentional pun) in certain lights than others. So what's your all-time favorite LED light Patriot?

Nah, not jumping the gun. We're all having fun and guessing at the possibilities! :)

Gosh, that's hard for me to answer since I actually don't have a specific favorite. I'm sentimental for the original ArcAAA and CMG AA because for me, that was the beginning of the LED hobby. I have a couple of each and still use them in the bedrooms and car camping. Lately I'm partial to lights that I use often like the H30 headlamp for hiking the mountains and canyons, which goes well with the T27. Also, the D4vn 351 4000K 90cri is my Iphone "flash" so it gets used frequently.

There's just so many that I enjoy. How about you Saul, do you have a favorite LED?

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
W1 :)

be80b0c41d77ddca8723a28cf392ca0f.jpg

Last edited: