• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BLF GTvn Micro

jd1911

Newly Enlightened
This little guy is a spill monster, she gets hot real quick too. Not so much of a thrower as the GT line is but for a 14500 class, it spits out tons of light.

trailhunter which GTvn Micro did you get? The white 2?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my gtmicrovn last night and it rocks! I'm surprised vinh did not choose to put a R next to it. Maybe it's because it doesn't include a clip? Anyhow, those of you looking for a real pocket thrower, look no further. This right here, is in straight beast mode. I tested 1250 Lumen and 115kcd. For comparison and so that you guys can picture what this tiny thing can do, It's performance is basically a blf gt mini xpl hi 6500k stock version. The gtmicrovn was actually brighter than the minigt! I got 145kcd with the gt mini. And the beam profile is almost identical! Same size and intensity hot spot, same size spill and brightness. Only small difference was the corona. Spill is pretty darn bright. I'm sorta curious to see the w1 version. It may actually make it look more intense since the spill will be less bright and the hot spot even more tight.

Edit: I tried a purple efest and it hit 1311 lumens and 123kcd. Impressive!!

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I was wrong, this thing is an absolute beast of a thrower, white 2 with an orbtronic 14500 touched and lit up an entire culdesac down the street at about 1100 feet. For the size, its simply untouchable.

Not to be dramatic..... but this is the best light you ever built LOL.

Insane performance to size ratio, and it doesn't even get that hot as I thought it would. Those big ribs on the head sure do help control the temperature!

LOVE IT

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the GT Micro Mule yesterday, VERY cool little light. Very distinct tint and vivid colors. I could stare at the emitters for hours on moonlight mode. Super-rosy beam, it's crazy. Very interesting combo, I highly suggest someone grab that SST Mule! I have to grab a White 2 one of these I think, the size is just sweet!

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the GT Micro Mule yesterday, VERY cool little light. Very distinct tint and vivid colors. I could stare at the emitters for hours on moonlight mode. Super-rosy beam, it's crazy. Very interesting combo, I highly suggest someone grab that SST Mule! I have to grab a White 2 one of these I think, the size is just sweet!
Lucky owner

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the SST mule, thanks vinh!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Do not take off the bezel on the Micro for any reason. The Oring might go out of place and mess up the reflector. Also everything is glued. If LED or driver ever goes bad we are screwed...But so far so good :)

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do not take off the bezel on the Micro for any reason. The Oring might go out of place and mess up the reflector. Also everything is glued. If LED or driver ever goes bad we are screwed...But so far so good :)

:laughing:

I totally unscrewed the bezel on my mule, it was a PITA to get the O-ring back into place properly. I just couldn't resist, the multi/different-emitters are mesmerizing!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
:laughing:

I totally unscrewed the bezel on my mule, it was a PITA to get the O-ring back into place properly. I just couldn't resist, the multi/different-emitters are mesmerizing!

At least there are no reflectors to ruin.

Andrey

Newly Enlightened
What an amazing little light!

Which diode option with CCT 4000-4500K will provide the farthest throw?

Bronco

Enlightened
All GTvn Micro Shipped. I already have 2 left over ready to ship.

Vinh, I ordered mine a couple days before you made this post (order #5700). Should I have received a shipping notification already, or will mine be coming later as part of a second batch?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, I ordered mine a couple days before you made this post (order #5700). Should I have received a shipping notification already, or will mine be coming later as part of a second batch?

All new pending micros will ship today.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh,

Happen to know if my mule shipped? I'm out of state and have someone checking day to day for packages at the house.