Brightest Pocketable Flashlight! - Review

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

The Olight X7 Marauder is brightest Compact Tactical Flashlight of 2016! A True contender for Worlds Brightest Flashlight in it's category. Boasting 9,000 Lumens from its 3 x Cree XHP70 emitters.

Please let me know what you think. :)

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice... And entertaining light review! Much smaller than I expected upon seeing it in your hands. Tons O lumens for sure, but do u think it's more than just a WOW light and is it an actual real practical world user? Curious as to what u think.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the 0-to-scalded time on max?

It has a turbo timer, so the scald issue is minimal. The various burst times are on the back of the box. If you pause the vid at about 20 seconds you can see what they are :)

Nice... And entertaining light review! Much smaller than I expected upon seeing it in your hands. Tons O lumens for sure, but do u think it's more than just a WOW light and is it an actual real practical world user? Curious as to what u think.

I would call it a user. Not an EDC obviously, but there are a lot of places I can stash this I can't my Convoy L6. Like the center console in my truck.

I'm guessing you don't wear Levi 501s :rolleyes:

Not since 1985. :poke: I did stick this in the pocket of my khaki shorts just too see if I could. I'm guessing had I gone to town like that I might have been arrested. Or at least questioned and searched LOL.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
missing the two actresses in the video featured before
lovecpf

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again for a good video from a good reviewer.

The spill/"hotspot" ratio looks very useful. Doesn't look like the outer portion of the spill is going to make close objects and the ground too bright and cause your pupils to contract, thus losing some usefulness of the broad hotspot.

Is there any way to index the switch for fast acquisition? For some of us, a light that is potentially used for scary/dangerous things at night, needs an obvious method to find the switch when pulling it out of a holster or pocket, as well as 'in hand' long duration carry. For instance; the Nitecore TM26 and TM36 have significant cutouts of the heat fins where the blue readout is, helping to find the switch in hand. The rubber boot covering the charging port on the opposite side also can be used to index while carrying. Is there something on this light that can serve a similar purpose?

It looks like the switch is reasonably effective when fine motor coordination is lacking (exertion, dire fear) unlike the rather twitchy buttons on the Nitecore TM lights that I own.

Have you purposely inserted the batteries incorrectly to see what happens?

Does the attractive blue bezel ring give an off-cast tint to any peripheral part of the beam?

Have you tested for parasitic drain?

All in all, looks pretty good, though.

Last edited:

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again for a good video from a good reviewer.

The spill/"hotspot" ratio looks very useful. Doesn't look like the outer portion of the spill is going to make close objects and the ground too bright and cause your pupils to contract, thus losing some usefulness of the broad hotspot.

Is there any way to index the switch for fast acquisition? For some of us, a light that is potentially used for scary/dangerous things at night, needs an obvious method to find the switch when pulling it out of a holster or pocket, as well as 'in hand' long duration carry. For instance; the Nitecore TM26 and TM36 have significant cutouts of the heat fins where the blue readout is, helping to find the switch in hand. The rubber boot covering the charging port on the opposite side also can be used to index while carrying. Is there something on this light that can serve a similar purpose?

It looks like the switch is reasonably effective when fine motor coordination is lacking (exertion, dire fear) unlike the rather twitchy buttons on the Nitecore TM lights that I own.

Have you purposely inserted the batteries incorrectly to see what happens?

Does the attractive blue bezel ring give an off-cast tint to any peripheral part of the beam?

Have you tested for parasitic drain?

All in all, looks pretty good, though.

IMO, the major weakness of this light, of which I have the v54 version, is that the switch is indeed difficult to find. I usually have to twist the light in my hand to find said switch in the dark.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Is this really anywhere near 9,000 Lumens even for 2.5 minutes? It looks plenty bright. How is it that surefire can only manage 2,600 Lumens with a much higher amperage battery or 12 CR123's? Also, I would not really call this pocket-able.

Bruno28

Enlightened
I have a X7. Nice light. Very bright. But if you want pocketable I think the Astrolux S41 is perfect. Very small and between 1200-1600lumens.

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
i own some surefire's 6P;s that i run on 16650 and one running on AW 18650 that i drilled out and replaced with led lamps,that still fit in my pocket,that makes them pockable right!any way they fit my needs.:naughty: