Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

recipe please.
That looks like a really tasty meal that is very quick to put together.
Do you make the rice first? OR does it cook in the liquid.
I'll ask our sons for a link to the recipe. They found it online. Everything cooks at once. It was delicious. 😋 Leaving out the eight pads of butter would make it a more healthy meal.

Nothing like a prime fillet cooked over oak and cedar coals...on a deserted coastal island. Add a coal-baked tater and heaps of butter for the ultimate in outdoor dining.

20240206_180351.jpg

20240206_174632~2.jpg

20240206_184408.jpg

For some, unfathomable to this member, reason, that's bykfixer's way of enticing mrfixitman to visit this thread, then undoubtedly chastise you/us for the burning of wood to cook dead animals. :awman: WHY? WHY? WHY? Would you do such a thing, @bykfixer?!

I'm shocked. In his very last post he recommends HAM to all of us! :)

Hook up your TV antenna. Learn how to use short wave. CB radio or HAM.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
some of this reminds me of my momwhen she put wheet germ in so many things lol. ewww lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
going to have my first white castle burgers tonight well at least i thought so ok here is the story winn dixxies had them buy one get one free. ok i buy 2 boxes so excited i get home. then it says i must defrost them first ! ok i do so. then now it says i must wrap one bun i forget which one it was the top or bottom in a paper towel. ok at this point im lkke damn i hope there good. i go to get papper towels i have non. sad face! then i think to self toilet papper is the same thing kind of.. well who wants guess how this went? the winner gets nothing at all .not even a toilet papper wraped white castle

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok most know my humor is odd and sometimes at my own expense. hey i just love to make someone laugh . but trushh now damn that was a greta burget i cant even imagine hiw good they are local. i just hooe i didnt eat the toilet papper

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night I made grilled chicken made with a contact grill similar to a George Foreman Grill. It is a great tool. It cooks chicken breasts in 5-7 minutes (cooks both sides at the same time). It cooks so quickly that the meat doesn't have time to dry out and stays juicy.

I cooked up some rice, and carrots. I nuked a set of fresh sweet potatoes, but forgot to take them out of the microwave, until we were finished eating and I was cleaning up. duh.

I used some "Sweet Baby Ray's" BBQ sauce for dipping.

All in all it took about 25 minutes to make.
5 minutes for the rice water to boil and 18 minutes for it to cook.
In the mean time get out the grill, preheat it for five minutes, and cook the chicken for another 5.
Boil up the water and add carrots, cook them until soft (relatively).
Nuke 3 sweet potatoes for 9 minutes. ( 5 minutes for the first one and 2 additional minutes for each additional potato.)
My daughter brought home two servings of Mac and Cheese balls.

1707476785395.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
popppy last weekend winn dixxie had rib eye for 4.99 a pound and i had a 20 percent off coupon but i lost the coupon but thats still a dang good deal . but i love chicken but marante mine always

Poppy

Flashaholic
raggie, marinated chicken is the best, but it takes planning. Last night I just used salt and pepper seasoning, and added BBQ sauce for dipping.
I usually use one of the many Grill-Mates seasonings I have on hand.

I like their Mojito Lime seasoning, with a squirt of lime juice, but my daughter doesn't like it so I usually use something else.