Coronavirus - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
All 20 million plus registered California voters will be receiving a mail-in ballot in November, with physical voting locations still optionally available.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mail-in "absentee" so it does not apply to me. But, I will venture to say you'll see all blue states following mail-in ballots

Reasons are, of course, because of the "epidemic"

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I mail-in "absentee" so it does not apply to me. But, I will venture to say you'll see all blue states following mail-in ballots

Fear-leveraging has really taken off these days! It's always been a great way to get your way, except now it's on steroids!

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Common denominators in covid deaths have to be looked very closely, you simply have to.

Smoker
Population density
Diet
*Prescription medication & antagonistic combinations of

How many optional & debatable prescriptions are pushed, where the number one negative side effect (of many) is "may effect the ability to fight infections"

By the way, as one indication of how much there is still to learn about how this virus works:

SMOKING some say is actually BENEFICIAL as a defense against the virus!

Something about nicotine using the same receptors to bind as does the corona-virus, so in a way makes it more difficult for the virus to attach itself.

Go figure.

Maybe time to dust off those wonderful cigars?

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, DaveD, thank you for the info. I was unaware of some of those details. We here in the US still call it the Spanish flu, regardless of origin, and we here in the US are the ones with the public distaste for calling Covid 19 the Chinese or Wuhan flu. I just found that sudden change a bit hypocritical. I've heard nobody call it the 1918 flu.

There is an interesting documentary on Youtube about it.

scout24

Flashaholic
So when military or expatriates vote by mail, that's a liberal thing?

There's a huge difference in military and expats using absentee ballots and entire states or the entire populace. In 2016's presidential election, 930k absentee ballots were issued to military and expats overseas, with 633k returned. (eac.gov) Hardly a statistical blip. Hardly enough to sway an election. And perhaps it's a liberal thing when the liberals are the ones asking for it while the conservatives are asking for voter ID's? And to Knucklegary's epedemic point, if we can stand in line to get into Walmart, we can stand in line to vote in November.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Funny how that works KG. Coincidently it's the blue team pushing hard for it.

The member brought it up seems to be in favor of it. I cannot tell if it's due to good intentions or just likes being the fly on the horses ear again.

Either way,
My state governor announced some stuff yesterday that may or may not happen on the 15th. The local press is saying "extra extra read all about it, Ralph says we've just returned to normal" as if he had said "effective imediately".

The jobs numbers, although pretty bad were predicted to be as bad as 33 million and ended up being 24 million.

A fellow who occasionally has brought the US president his lunch tested positive. No not his personal valet as some news suggests. A member of the vp team has also tested positive. Mask or no mask it shows how anybody can catch it. Just ask the UK prime. He'll tell ya "man it'll straighten curly hair" as he emerged in public after being down for the 8 count with it.

In other news in the US, there's a new hornet being talked about called murder hornets. Big ole ugly thing like out of a scarey sci-fi movie. At least the already dangerous Japanese hornet is fairly regal in appearance. This one be-heads honey bees. But like the corona virus it does not like heat and it seems worker bees don't sit around and wait for the queen to save them but instead do some kind of crazy bee dance in a chior like fashion, which in turn generates a bunch of heat that kills the murder hornet. It also seems this new super hornet has been here for a year or two. Question to my tin hat wearing mind was "is this murder hornet a genetically altered insect to thwart the genetically altered killer bee that was not supposed to escape the lab in the 1970's, and it too was not supposed to get out of the lab?" "Kinda like the novel corona did?" Is it in the US news cycle now since Americans were starting to come outside after the first wave of covid-19 has been declining?

A new phenomenon has been discovered in the US related to the corona virus. Home deliveries had millions not checking on their computerized automobiles and now service companies are swamped with calls for dead car batteries. As folks have stayed put for weeks at a time they forgot all those gadgets in their automobiles use electricity. So if you did not get wiped out by covid-19 and can make it to your car without being accosted by murder hornets you discover your can won't start.
Life in 2020. The year taco tuesday fell on sinco de mayo only to be cancelled by corona.

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
In other news in the US, there's a new hornet being talked about called murder hornets. Big ole ugly thing like out of a scarey sci-fi movie.

610.png

Sorry but I couldn't resist!! :laughing:

scout24

Flashaholic
The prospect of mail in ballots is one fraught with the possibility of fraud. If both sides were pushing for it, fine. If either single side is pushing for it, their motives are suspect. If we can stand in line at Wal Mart, we can stand in line to vote. The absentee ballot system as it is in place works as intended. There is zero need to expand it to a nationwide program. Maybe someday if it has broad based bipartisan support and a way to authenticate it like the current absentee system. Until then, no thanks.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Really relevant. Obscure individual from 40 years ago that has zero to do with today. And not even in the context of my comment. Almost textbook. SMDH...

You're correct, Nick. We were typing at the same time.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I feel like we're beginning to stray.

The topic is mail voting due to Coronavirus, the debate is the possibility of voter fraud vs the reality of voter reduction. If you feel this is too contentious a subject for the thread, it can be reserved for Underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.