Do you pre set the focus of your Maglite?

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today all I have is the ML25LT and it's a twist only, no button. Just twist to the nice hot spot and it runs forever with no step down. The tiny 177 lumens really throws with little spill. No spill back splash and that tight beam makes it a good long run user for medium throw needs. I actually use it more than I thought I would. Sometimes barn raiding coons get into some tight spots and little to no backsplash with more than enough candela on target is what I need peering into tight spots. Just before I end their raiding careers

When the ML25's first came out, I didn't get it aside from the fact that they were basically fat C cell budget Mini Mags, which was cool, but why only 177 lumens? I got one anyway more out of curiosity than anything and after a little use, the ML25 proved to be one of my favorite go to lights around the house. Lumens are not high but it does reach out there when you need it to and the big spill beam is bright enough to see up close without being too bright - about as good as it gets for a single mode general purpose light. The ML25 form factor and ability to run on AA Eneloops are great too. I like the better grip of the ML25's over the AA Mini Mags and I much prefer the Ml25's throwier/wider spill 177 lumen beam over the 272 lumen Mini Mag Pro's smaller/less throwy beam which is too bright for up close and not as good at longer distances. Since then I care much less about lumens numbers and more about the total beam pattern and throw.

Latest posts