Drake or Draco Info Needed

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
jeffb
712f24aead05a0bb893ad150758cf23a.gif

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Wait, the Draco is the smaller one right? That's the one I have but with the AlTiN coating. Wonderful little light and worth the bucks IMO.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Wait, the Draco is the smaller one right? That's the one I have but with the AlTiN coating. Wonderful little light and worth the bucks IMO.

No the Drake is the smallest, but the Draco with 10280 cell tube is shorter than the Draco with extension for the 10440 cell
(which is AAA-sized)

I have a Draco with 10280 cell. (TiCn coating)
This is absolutely ideal for a keychain. Its tiny and very lightweight.
Yet its a powerhouse on high and puts out a beautiful beam with a nice hotspot.

These are quite remarkable lights for their size. Possibly one of the most ingenious inventions on CPF.
(which is quite a statement to make considering the many fabulous lights that have been designed in these corridors)

Dan FO

Enlightened
Ok, I must get some more coated Ti light, to learn my way around the different coatings :grin2:

The AlTin is the hardest of the coatings and the most scratch resistant, I like it the best. :D

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
here are a few i have taken over the last couple years. one comparing altin, ticn and chrome.

100_6755.jpg

100_6205-1.jpg

100_7053-1.jpg

100_9292Small-1.jpg

MKLight

Enlightened
Get one, they are crazy bright and ridiculously small. I love my Drake. And since they use little rechargeable cells you can use it guilt free.

Peter...I finally got a chrome Drake about 2 weeks ago. I was amazed by the Raw and Wee (like you had mentioned). I love 'em...or in CPF lingo....:hitit: lol The Drake seems to take it to a different level...its kind of like Lummi and Modamag both sat down and were told to create the smallest, powerful light(s)...and results were/are awesome! 2 similar ideas executed in different ways. Very interesting and impressive. Next, will be a Draco.

I believe mine has TiCN coating:
DSC_4124.jpg

HKJ - I can't believe no one's asked yet...what's the first like (the light on the far right, with the black lanyard? It looks like a small Le Petite Killer...BTW...nice pics!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
HKJ - I can't believe no one's asked yet...what's the first like (the light on the far right, with the black lanyard? It looks like a small Le Petite Killer...BTW...nice pics!!! :thumbsup:

You mean far *left*? That's a trit vial encased in polycarbonate tubing of some sort.

(The one on the far right is a Ti ArcAAA.)

MKLight

Enlightened
ha ha...yes, left. Thanks greenLED. It's been a long day...:D

EDIT: Thanks again...I missed out on the first round of Arc/McGizmos...next round. Also, the trit vial is pretty cool.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I believe mine has TiCN coating:
DSC_4124.jpg
Nice! I've been wanting a TiCN Drake and this picture only magnifies the feeling! If you realize you no longer have the space to store either it or the Draco, send me a PM and I'll give them a new home! :paypal:
I think yours are AlTiN.
Definitely looks like TiCN compared to my AlTiN. Look at the next picture down.
here are a few i have taken over the last couple years. one comparing altin, ticn and chrome.

100_6755.jpg
Absolutely beautiful! Can I just have the one in the middle. :drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic

It is a FireFly (No releation to the FireFli flashlight), it is sold as a marker and exist in different colors, I got it free with a light.

MKLight

Enlightened
It is a FireFly (No releation to the FireFli flashlight), it is sold as a marker and exist in different colors, I got it free with a light.

HKJ,

Thanks for the info. It looks interesting. I'll look it up in a bit.

Thanks again,
Mike

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys I just received my drake today and it is beautiful. I have a few questions though mainly that I cannot get the light to turn on:mecry: I placed 1 10180 & spacer in the Nano charger which indicated a green light ( which Modagmag explained that it means fully charged). Now after placing the battery back into the light and twisting (being careful not to twist all the way) the light does not come on.

any help is appreciated
thanks

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm. well I switched the battery and the light comes on (blinks every sec. indicating low battery) its just odd that it will not work for the other battery:confused:

MKLight

Enlightened
You might have a bad battery. You might want to try cleaning it. Use alcohol on a qtip and or sand the top/bottom with light sanding paper or a nail file. As for the blinking, I don't think the Drake/Draco has a low battery indicator. My chrome Drake is about 2 months old and I've never noticed that even with low batteries. You might need to contact Modamag...