ever lost a flashlight?

whill44

Enlightened
Lost a Sunwayman M11R Mr. Elfin at work yesterday. It was my own fault, I've got a bad habit of leaving my lights on the machines after fixing them sometimes. My coworkers have been really great about returning them to me when found. Hope to get it back next week.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Over the years, MANY lights have gone missing. The few that I can specifically recall are maglights 2x 3D, and 3C (primarily for the cars in part becuase they make legal equalizers) a couple of mag solitairs, and a couple mag 2xAA lights. Most recently a mag 2AA led twisty it was used ONE night as a reading light by my grandson, so I am sure it will show up somewhere.

Two other lights that are gone include an old incandescent 4C stand-up flashlight/lantern with a belt clip, and tilt head.
And a craftsman 3in sealed beam 6v rechargeable spot light. I might have tossed it when it wouldn't hold a charge anymore (I should have kept it and replaced the battery). I really liked that light.

A few weeks ago, one of the 3D incandescent mags showed up, and this week, my little 2AA LED twisty mag-light was found.
Boy, those old mags don't compare well to the LED mags, or the leds of today. That little LED twisty, isn't bad for a 2AA light, it has two light levels and the head can screw off leaving the LED like a mule. It may be pretty good in a power outage.

elbowtko

Newly Enlightened
I came to the right support group.

I lost my H51w, my first "real money" flashlight. I only manage to bring it on one night hike. I lost it on a day hike of all things.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last week my PD20 wt missing while onsite. I looked everywhere, but nothing. I had been thinking to find a replacement that works multiple levels on an RCR, but my efforts have been somewhat fruitless. I figured I might as well replace it with my Q123 high CRI that takes a minute to forget the last mode since that gets on my nerves too much for normal use. The difference in tint felt great. Then my PD20 turned up in my ratchet kit, exactly where I had looked before. I hope the same happens to you guys.

While I remember, my Mr. Elfin went missing after a camping trip. I found it in my hiking pack weeks later for some reason. I know how you guys feel.

creyc

Enlightened
Last week my PD20 wt missing while onsite. I looked everywhere, but nothing. I had been thinking to find a replacement that works multiple levels on an RCR, but my efforts have been somewhat fruitless. I figured I might as well replace it with my Q123 high CRI that takes a minute to forget the last mode since that gets on my nerves too much for normal use. The difference in tint felt great. Then my PD20 turned up in my ratchet kit, exactly where I had looked before. I hope the same happens to you guys.

While I remember, my Mr. Elfin went missing after a camping trip. I found it in my hiking pack weeks later for some reason. I know how you guys feel.

It's funny how the tint makes a light seem so much easier to work with, isn't it? Doing a lot of electrical work, I find a dimmer light but with better CRI or just a warmer tint allows the identifying of wire color just a bit easier and more natural feeling.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny how the tint makes a light seem so much easier to work with, isn't it? Doing a lot of electrical work, I find a dimmer light but with better CRI or just a warmer tint allows the identifying of wire color just a bit easier and more natural feeling.

100% with you on that.

whill44

Enlightened
Lost a Sunwayman M11R Mr. Elfin at work yesterday. It was my own fault, I've got a bad habit of leaving my lights on the machines after fixing them sometimes. My coworkers have been really great about returning them to me when found. Hope to get it back next week.

Still no sign of it. Maybe truly lost to me.:scowl:

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
I can totally empathise as I've not been able to find my Xtar TZ50 Outrider light for a couple of months now. We recently gave the house a good top-top bottom clean, including our spare room where the light was kept. I suspect my wife's put it in a 'safe place' but can't remember that safe place now.

Reading through this thread has got me thinking again, I might go and have another look in that spare room for that old Xtar - it's my largest and most powerful flashlight! At least if it doesn't turn up I've a good excuse to go and buy a new light, I'd much rather find this one though...

EDIT: Just found it with a bit of help from a Thrunite T10, that didn't take too long! I was looking through some storage boxes to see if it was in there, no joy. Started moving a couple of piles of the wife's paperwork and my telescope out the way to get to another box and there it was! Pleased and relieved to have found it again :devil:

Last edited:

dosquetzales

Newly Enlightened
Just lost my Olight i3s - the crab claw snapped on my key ring. I have the chain, but no light
What was lost has now been found. Replaced the crab claw with a split ring and mini carabiner clip. So far, so good. But I found that I like the less expensive Tank as much as the Olight i3s... Except the Olight looks better.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost a 4Sevens Quarkie MiniX before. The split ring opened up and then the light slipped off.

dosei

Newly Enlightened
I let my daughter hang on to my Fenix Ld01 at Disneyland 2 weeks ago. I had it clipped to her jacket, and it somehow fell off. Hope someone picked it up - hate to think it ended up in the dumpster.

Last edited:

creyc

Enlightened
I lost my first good light a while back, a Surefire L4 Lumamax, along with a pair of nice sunglasses in a cottage we were renting in Colorado. Locked the place up, dropped the keys in the safety dropbox, checked my pockets and oh CRAP!

It was either wait a day and miss my flight or count my losses. Still bugs me from time to time.

Also lost a big 4C Maglite, no idea how that happened.

Well wouldn't you know it! 4 years later and guess who shows up completely unannounced!

lTEMn7Wl.jpg

And just last week I put on a pair of pants I must not have worn in ages and found my little Peak Eiger clipped right into the pocket.

Last edited:

whill44

Enlightened

Update- Light is still lost. At this point I don't think I'll be getting it back. I guess someone needed it more than me.

txgp17

Enlightened
About 2 years ago I lost my favorite light. It was a Leef 2x18500 body in black with a Malkoff M61 and a Surefire clicky tailcap. I was really sad over that one.

davesc

Newly Enlightened
I hate losing stuff. When something goes missing it bothers me for days. I like to buy good quality stuff that lasts.

So...with that in mind...just about everything I own has my name stenciled, (painted on), or engraved. Tools, cameras, even my watch, whatever I can label. All my flashlights are engraved. Have you ever dropped a flashlight in the woods and tried to find it in the dark? With another flashlight? The flashlight you lost is black of course, making it harder to find. So...I always put a band of reflective tape around all my lights, too. That really helps. Kinda like losing your cell phone and calling it to hear where it is ringing. Oh...and my cell phone is engraved, too.