FCW-13 Camping / Flashlight Get Together!

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't chimed in yet because I couldn't be sure about making it. Chances are I wo't do an overnight but I'll definitely be there for at least one day. Thanks Tim for taking the time to arrange this whole shindig!!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't chimed in yet because I couldn't be sure about making it. Chances are I wo't do an overnight but I'll definitely be there for at least one day. Thanks Tim for taking the time to arrange this whole shindig!!

Hi Roger, Well I sure hope you can make it... you always seem to bring something I want to buy! :) --Tim

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Roger, what time are we leaving? Does this mean I'm driving again? Do I have to Carry your bags again, too?

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Roger, Well I sure hope you can make it... you always seem to bring something I want to buy! :) --Tim

HAHAHA I definitely have some cool stuff I'm getting rid of too!

Oh and I'll have the new Olight X7R by then but that one's not for sale though lol

Hey Roger, what time are we leaving? Does this mean I'm driving again? Do I have to Carry your bags again, too?

LOL I'll give you a holler and let you know for sure!

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish I could be there I made the first one and haven't been back since. Life happened my baby boys have grown up a bit they are 17 and 15 now and there are many things going on one is an Eagle Scout and the younger is working on his so camping is something I have been doing a lot of since I'm the Scoutmaster of our troop. It would be a 204 mile trip for me. I still remember Data's TeePee that we hung out in at that first one :) I believe we have an overnight with the troop that weekend on the Appalachian Trail. However if things change I will be there.
Chris

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish I could be there I made the first one and haven't been back since. Life happened my baby boys have grown up a bit they are 17 and 15 now and there are many things going on one is an Eagle Scout and the younger is working on his so camping is something I have been doing a lot of since I'm the Scoutmaster of our troop. It would be a 204 mile trip for me. I still remember Data's TeePee that we hung out in at that first one :) I believe we have an overnight with the troop that weekend on the Appalachian Trail. However if things change I will be there.
Chris

Hi Chris - It would be great to see you again! Do you still have the Harley with that cool little camper trailer?

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAHAHA I definitely have some cool stuff I'm getting rid of too!

Oh and I'll have the new Olight X7R by then but that one's not for sale though lol

You always do have cool stuff... and I always seem to buy something :) I'm glad you are bringing the X7R! I've been wanting to check that out.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chris - It would be great to see you again! Do you still have the Harley with that cool little camper trailer?

I do. It now has almost a quarter million miles on it. Was my bike wearing a sidecar when I was there? I don't remember if I had attached it yet.
C

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do. It now has almost a quarter million miles on it. Was my bike wearing a sidecar when I was there? I don't remember if I had attached it yet.
C

No sidecar, but that little trailer/camper was way cool!!

IMG_5472.jpg

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK everyone, it's official. I spoke to the guy I have dealt with in the past at Dorcy, and he said sure, he is happy to send us some more stuff for our upcoming FCW-13 event!

So once again, Dorcy steps up and supports our events! They have given us litterally thousands of dollars worth of lights and batteries for past PF and FCW events. THANK YOU DORCY!

He mentioned that Dorcy just bought the company Life+Gear. He is sending some of the Life+Gear stuff too, which is great because they have some cool stuff! I would put a link to the Dorcy website, but since that is a no-no here on CPF, I'll just suggest that you check out dorcy.com when you can - you will find the link to the Life+Gear stuff right at the top of the home page for Dorcy.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's so great to hear I always enjoy putting a new Dorcy through a few cells.

Stan671

Enlightened
This FCW is shaping up nicely. How many people are committed for Thursday evening? Do we have enough room for them? Do we need another Thursday night campsite?

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
This FCW is shaping up nicely. How many people are committed for Thursday evening? Do we have enough room for them? Do we need another Thursday night campsite?[/QUO

Hi Stan, Yes this FCW should be great! We have several people coming in on Thursday night, but no worries, we have plenty of room for everyone, and I'm not worried about going out of the boundaries of the Thursday night site - we should be fine with that. :)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim, whatever happened to Milky Spit and his gatherings?[/QUOTE

Hi, Milky is still around, and still hosts the occasional PF, but they are not as frequent as they used to be. The FCW's spawned from the PF events, and are perfect for the Flashaholics who also love camping, knives, and all the fresh air and outdoorsy stuff and gear that goes along with camping. And now the FSM events will be yet another option for us Flashaholics to get together! Obviously the underlying theme of the FSM is a Flashaholic Swap Meet - but it is really just another Flashaholic get together as well.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd really like to attend, but the rules say "no jerks". :sigh:

Recently took a Fri/Sat off from work, and am not able to again so soon, but I'd LOVE to meet up with all youse peeps again. Saw some of ya' at Scout's get-together last year, and met a bunch of new, super cool folk there, but many I haven't seen in 5 1/2 years since PF18! Absolutely cannot believe how fast the time has flown by. Gotta' make either the next FCW, or whatever else happens.

Have fun, ya'll! Looking forward to the pics. Don't use photobucket... haha.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
bummer! can't make this as it falls on the Jewish Holiday!

thanks for the invite and enjoy!

Is that why they call it a holiday? What's more holier than walking into the light. I bought my son a Nintendo switch for his birthday and hopefully the family will skip a party on the 23rd so I can make it

Latest posts