Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you guys decide on a date amongst yourself. If I can make it I will join in. If I am unavailable then I will just wait till the next trip. I think this will make things easier for everyone.

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
I'll try 26 Apr and 10 May. Usually got commitments on Fri evenings and Sun mornings. Eat Casuarina prata before or after?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys. Would like to join in for one of these meetups. Relatively a newbie here but a lifelong flashaholic. :)
Sure! Feel free to join us. You can PM me your contact as well so in case we have a meetup I can keep you notified.

I'll try 26 Apr and 10 May. Usually got commitments on Fri evenings and Sun mornings. Eat Casuarina prata before or after?
Those dates seem fine with me for now. You might want to do the prata first since they usually close, or are about to close when I finish my trip most of the time.

stong1970

Newly Enlightened
No problem Mr T. had sms to both the BLF guys. Will post their decision later.

Alfred from BLF is ok for 19 or 20th April. He is also available for the next 3 or 4 weekend.

Darkstrike from BLF is not available this month. May 11th onward is ok for him.

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
i'm ok for the 19 and 20th too. can i ask what time you guys usually meetup? and how long will it last? have to plan since i have a family. :)

Typical timings : 6-7pm dinner, 2-3 hrs trek, supper 1 hr and leave for home around midnite. It's not ICT. I also have family too.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok got it. Thanks now I'll know how many batteries to bring along. :)
Typically, one or two sets of batteries is all you ever needed. If you have a few lights to play with you don't even need to bring spares assuming that all your batteries are fresh. So far, in all my treks in MacRitchie I have only needed to change out the battery in one of my light. Casuarina would be a much shorter one. A typical walk in Lower Peirce Reservoir lasts no more than an hour, and 30 mins is about the norm for me.

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Man... It looks pretty hard arranging this one as far as April is concerned.

At least the location at Pierce Reservoir looks secure. I too share the idea that Labrador lacks large enough dark areas. Labrador might be more appropriate for an impromptu meet up on a smaller outing. Prata before the walk rather than after also looks good. We'd be pretty hot and sweaty after a walk and something cooling like a cold barley or beer would be enough.

10th or 11th May looks like the best option for most to be included. For this month, seems like at least 30% of us can't make it for some April date be it Friday or Saturday.

BUT... We could think out of the box a bit and confirm 10th/11th May first as the big outing. Then maybe we could do a small outing this month as well. Just got to have a bit of commitment to ensure that those of us who go for the smaller April outing won't pull out of the larger May outing. May not be an easy thing since us Singaporeans/Malaysians are always busy with something! :D

Dexter Tang

Newly Enlightened
Why don't you guys go to Jurong Central Park? There got plenty of dark areas and has some lit rest-huts. If you guys are hungry there is a mcdonald's just beside the park. It is a 3 mins walk from Boon lay mrt station and there are places to park your cars if you are driving as there is a carpark beside mcdonald's.

ihtech

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys, so any confirmed date? April is abit hard for me May 10 is fine with me.
Flea Bag, inform me if possible, you have my number. :)

nevertheless, I will still check back this forum for updates :)

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip Dexter! I think we'll be looking into that location for a future outing. Got an esimate on how much darkness there is in terms of walking time?

Guys, I think we'd better just go with May 10th. April isn't far from being over anyway. MAY 10th!!! Casuarina/Pierce Reservoir walk alright? Sound out so we know who can and can't make it!

I can!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
As usual with me, because of my type of work I cannot confirm if the date is ok with me as I do sometimes receive last minute job requests. So I have decided on a basis whereby if I can join I go, and if not then the next outing.

Dexter Tang

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip Dexter! I think we'll be looking into that location for a future outing. Got an esimate on how much darkness there is in terms of walking time?

Guys, I think we'd better just go with May 10th. April isn't far from being over anyway. MAY 10th!!! Casuarina/Pierce Reservoir walk alright? Sound out so we know who can and can't make it!

I can!
It is slightyly smaller than chinese garden and its similar in size as labador park. Not much streetlamps so dimly lot but it is very convient to travel and well, theres a macdonalds nearby so no one would go hungry. There at night also got people like me fly nite kites ( those with lights on it). Flying nite kites is the reason why i bought such high end lights in the first place. When batt die out when flying kite can use flashlight to see where my kite is.