Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4)

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Re: Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4) Graves and Tombstones.

Thanks Taipan and Sore-eyez for the direction.

Hi Sore-Eyez, there is not a need for you to carry the I Love CPF Sign. Just get one of our brother and stand by the road side with his torch on strobe mode will be enough.

He He.

Wanna try my HID strobe in action? Joggers at King Albert park also can see.. Haha

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened

hi folks, i am cancelling the outing tomorrow as it was rainging for hours today. i am not keen on getting my shoes all muddy or risk someone slipping in the trails. i know its not a concern for some guys here, but not me. :ironic:

sorry guys, some other time perhaps.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for organizing again. Hope it's a better weather and timing for the rest next time.

king2penn

Enlightened

These meet-ups should be bigger ;) The bigger the better right?
Maybe I should advertise it in my newsletter ... just a thought

Steven

Taipan

Newly Enlightened

Actually, there are preferably some limitations to the size of such gatherings. It can make it rather challenging for the designated organiser to PM, email and sms so many. Also depends on pecularities of venue. Most of these places typically have narrow paths and undulating trails which will take even more hours to cover safely if the human chain is too long. Imagine going in and coming out with injuries or worse still, missing head count!

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened

Hi Steven, thats a good idea to create awareness.. Your site is a good one in Singapore. :wave:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Didn't know this thread was still on-going! Someone in Singapore's got a Night Reaper! :faint:

HIDs aren't much fun in groups though... I personally find lights in the 200-500 max lumen range to be bright enough to see surroundings while dark enough to still keep the environment reasonably mysterious!

Will try checking into this forum more often and will post invitations whenever I decide to head to MacRitchie for a fun night. I recently went there impromptu for a hours walk and spotted a yellow-black snake hunting on the surface of the waters. Followed it around for over 20 minutes. That was pretty cool!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't know this thread was still on-going! Someone in Singapore's got a Night Reaper! :faint:

HIDs aren't much fun in groups though... I personally find lights in the 200-500 max lumen range to be bright enough to see surroundings while dark enough to still keep the environment reasonably mysterious!

Will try checking into this forum more often and will post invitations whenever I decide to head to MacRitchie for a fun night. I recently went there impromptu for a hours walk and spotted a yellow-black snake hunting on the surface of the waters. Followed it around for over 20 minutes. That was pretty cool!

Yup, still ongoing although it's a very small group. Too small.
Do post invitations early if you can, we'll try to join up (or at least I do). We need more organisers... and participants too.

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Hahaha.. U are right for the groups meet up with a HID. Lets arrange for something at MacRitchie.

Otherwise the interest group might disappear after a while..

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Next time we will tie you to a tree when you turn up with those HIDs. Muahahaha!

Triode, dun worry about lack of company cos I'll be just as guilty with my Beast! Besides it'll be fun if we reach Jelutong Tower; 7 storeys (20 metres) high...

Flea Bag

Enlightened
So we'll have a dedicated HID-group meet-up? We'll have to walk in pairs taking turns with the HIDs and pairs will be at least 300 metres apart? :popcorn:

The other idea is that we could have a good o' fashion small lights trek like normal until we reach one or two HID-friendly areas and stop for a little blast. Other than that, HID use will be banned! :laughing:

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Combo is best. With a little graciousness, we can still shine in harmony!

0.jpg

MosesM

Newly Enlightened
Count me in any future outings! I need more lights to compare with!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Triode & Fleabag, judging from our previous treks (tks to Sore-eyez and pjandyho), we are quite a civic-minded lot. Let's have a good old-fashioned small lights trek like normal til we reach Jelutong :
2052580-Jelutong_Tower_Singapore.jpg
This will be a nice place to play the power house. Last time I was there with my UB3T it didn't quite cut it.