Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Head looks too wide to be a Streamlight SL-20. Plus, it has outward grooves on the bezel. Not an SL-20.

It looks as though the entire body and bezel is rubberized. From the square checkering on the barrel and the lanyard-pull, it might be a cheap, generic, 2D, floating flashlight that was converted to put out more light just for the film. (Wouldn't be the first time that's been done. There's also the possibility that it really is a SureFire M6, with a rubber sleeve over the barrel and another one over to bezel. This would be done if the film's producers didn't obtain permission from SureFire to display a stock M6 in the film. (Also wouldn't be the first time that's been done either. And specifically with an M6.)

...and just how would you know it's been converted for the movie? hmmmm? is there something you're not telling us?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nope, it's been brought up before in this thread and the 3 others before it. Hollywood prop masters take lights and do a bit of work to make them much brighter than stock. Thing is, the improvements are just good enough to complete a scene; and are often far from pragmatic.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - Duck Dynasty

Episode - "Fowl Play"

Phil and his grand-daughter Sadie spend some time together. Phil hands her a wrench and a red 2D M@glite, and tells her to crawl underneath the house to shut off a pipe so he can work on it further up the line. Filled with bugs, and possibly snakes, Sadie gets to work.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Night of the Creeps (1986)

A few scenes in this really good B-horror movie with two different endings, where flashlights are used. Chris uses a disposable 2D metal flashlight in the film. (Ironically, it looks like Johnny from 1959 uses the same one at the start of the film.) Officers in a patrol car search for the killer with a hand-held spotlight. And after the axe-murderer's corpse is confronted, the slugs slither past what looks like possibly a Streamlight Stinger on the ground, next to one of the police officers.

Raze

Enlightened
In the movie, 'Man of Steel', Lois Lane is using what appears to be a UBR Invictus to explore an ice tunnel.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - Victorious

Episode - "Star-spangled Tori"

In this 2nd to last episode of the series, Tori gets selected to sing the national anthem at a big sporting event. Fearful that she'll forget the words, something else just as terrible but hilarious occurs.

Meanwhile, Robbie and Jade notice that Cat is acting very strange lately. (Okay ... stranger than usual.) They follow her to the school one night, and catch her sneaking inside. So they go in too. It's dark, and Jade asks Robbie if has a flashlight. Instead of a little single-AAA keychain model, he pulls out a bright red 4D cell M@glite seemingly out of his back pocket. They follow Cat and learn that she's living in a hidden alcove above the school's stage area. Living with very strict relatives while her parents are away for possibly as long as 2 years to get her crazy brother some mental help, Cat runs away. And is living in the school. Turns out, she thought her grand-mother moved to Venice. Well, she did. But it was just Venice California which is just a few miles away from the school. She goes to live there, which is the opening for Nickelodian's new series "Sam & Cat."

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the movie, 'Man of Steel', Lois Lane is using what appears to be a UBR Invictus to explore an ice tunnel.
nice, i couldn't figure out what light it was but meant to check with yall on that hahah. i thought of this thread when I saw her using that light

ericjohn

Enlightened
The other day I was watching MeTV and the show Emergency! was on. It took place in a railroad yard and a man was unconscious inside a tank car. Several first responders were in the process of removing him from there safely. They were using multi D cell Eveready Captains to light up inside the car. Boy I was about to start foaming at the mouth with excitement. One of my favorite shows had flashlights and trains in it.

This is what gets me:
As realistic as that show tried to be, you would think that the prop flashlights would be George T. Price Smoke Cutters or something similar. This show was about Los Angeles fire and EMS and took place in that area. I also know that the first "tactical" police and fire flashlights were made in that area. It would sure have been nice to see some Kel, Code 4, Bianchi, etc.

Last edited:

bstrickler

Enlightened
I was watching a Nationwide commercial, where you had the ninja-girl following the burglars and replacing the things they've stolen. Apparently both burglars are able to afford Surefire M6's! $800 MSRP, and they're resorting to theft? They must be doing that as a living, to be able to afford those lights!

fordmechanic

Newly Enlightened
I was watching a Nationwide commercial, whein you had the ninja-girl following the burglars and replacing the things they've stolen. Apparently both burglars are able to afford Surefire M6's! $800 MSRP, and they're resorting to theft? They must be doing that as a living, to be able to afford those lights!

I just seen that........nationwide must be doing pretty good. Oh and Im sure its been said b4 but they use surefires in both national treasure movies ( my son loves them and they were on last night)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I was watching a Nationwide commercial, where you had the ninja-girl following the burglars and replacing the things they've stolen. Apparently both burglars are able to afford Surefire M6's! $800 MSRP, and they're resorting to theft? They must be doing that as a living, to be able to afford those lights!

Well, when you sell stuff you steal; it's 100% profit no matter how much it sells for. :)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

hahah nice catch!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
In "The Walking Dead" episode "Clear," the bar Carl and Michonne go into to retrieve the picture has a 2 D Neveready flashlight on the bar!

Raze

Enlightened
Is it just me, or is a UV McGizmo making a prominent appearance in the movie "Pacific Rim"?