HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithium466

Enlightened
Does Henry sell rotary tails? It would be neat to use tac interface with one tail and regular rotary with the other. I wouldn't need 2 heads.
Unfortunately difference is not in the tail but in the head...I too think it would be nice if we could interchange rotary/tactical and even clicky/LE by changing tail only...or by switching different presets in the option menu!

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lithium is correct, I ve been down that road of trial and error however I believe you could have a tactical with an extended tail plus a rotary with a short tail and flush button and be able to interchange for different purposes... I think! The head has the main programming

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have a question directed only at law enforcement officers, security guards, and military personnel who use HDS: Which model and format do you prefer?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a security officer dealing with traffic (heavy goods vehicles) access, egress and also car park and patrolling night time... The rotary tactical 250 is so far my favorite and most easily operated whether I need fast no brain operation or not. The rotary standard isn't as straight forward but it does have 4 presets as opposed to the tactical s 3. I ve had the clicky LE and it's not as convenient for my needs though is still a great choice. Depends on what you need and prefer.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm a security officer dealing with traffic (heavy goods vehicles) access, egress and also car park and patrolling night time... The rotary tactical 250 is so far my favorite and most easily operated whether I need fast no brain operation or not. The rotary standard isn't as straight forward but it does have 4 presets as opposed to the tactical s 3. I ve had the clicky LE and it's not as convenient for my needs though is still a great choice. Depends on what you need and prefer.
Thanks for the quick reply! Have you tried a 325? I wondered if the 250 is preferable or you just haven't tried the other?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I d love a 325 and think it would be even better but the cost, shipping, and customs would kill my wallet! 250 is definitely better than the 200 so the 250 will have to do till I can upgrade

recDNA

Flashaholic
I was curious because some prefer the more concentrated xp-g2 beam while others prefer the floody 325. With the name USdiver I wrongly assumed you were in USA.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 325 as mentioned, is more floody. You get approximately the same throw with the 325 spreading those lumens out over a wider area. The 250 likely looks the same in brightness, but with a more defined cone of light.

I still find it odd, no one, owns both and a camera for head to head beam shot. Although they will likely look as described above. It's more like 2 different flavors of ice cream rather than a significant contrast in performance.

That said. Buy both. :grin2:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have a 250, jumped on board with the 4000k run, looking for a hyper red and when permitted will go for the 325 and then will try to source a camera! I ve loved Surefire for years but HDS has given me much more versatility in such a small package that there is just no comparison plus the level of customer service for us individuals is unsurpassed.

recDNA

Flashaholic
But your e2dl certainly gives better throw. In the winter I like a thrower in my coat and flood in my pocket. In the summer I am sol if I need throw.

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2D 500 yes definitely more throw. So in the summer keep the HDS on the belt and the E2D for backup in case you need throw...
:D

recDNA

Flashaholic
But if I could choose only one it would be the HDS 250 or 325... Without a doubt.
Me too. I just happened to notice e2d in your profile and it is small enough for a service holster if you need throw. My thrower is a Predator Pro and it is way too big to carry. HDS or Zebralight are perfect in the pocket.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have a 250, jumped on board with the 4000k run, looking for a hyper red and when permitted will go for the 325 and then will try to source a camera! I ve loved Surefire for years but HDS has given me much more versatility in such a small package that there is just no comparison plus the level of customer service for us individuals is unsurpassed.

HDS & Malkoff for that matter are a different breed of light. The reliability & durability factor is simply unrivaled.

- 8 years reading CPF.

darwin

Newly Enlightened
So here's an interesting one.... Took my Group Buy 4000K w/18650 on vacation last week. It got sprayed with sea water the first day. I rinsed it with fresh water shortly after. Woke up to this:

19893226905_2a78bfd565_c.jpg

19705207670_788316c773_c.jpg

So... that's after 1 week's worth of use, 12 hours after a salt water spray/fresh water rinse. It's just cosmetic, but disappointing- It shouldn't do that this quickly.

Thoughts?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I m correct I d say that s one of the bezels that had the dodgy coating which has since been replaced. I m certain of you got in touch with Henry this would be rectified.... I believe so anyway.

darwin

Newly Enlightened
If I m correct I d say that s one of the bezels that had the dodgy coating which has since been replaced. I m certain of you got in touch with Henry this would be rectified.... I believe so anyway.

Thanks, I'll be doing that. Just that after 4-5 months of waiting for it, really don't want to have to send it right back in.

It does look like it's something to do with the prep of the bezel or something else with the coating. Makes sense if there was a batch with issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.