HDS Systems EDC: Suggestions #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

moltenmag

Enlightened
I'm absolutely positive that you brought up the NRA Blue a few years back, and then somehow, it happened. Definitely your name gets credit for the NRA Blue. (Where's mine? :confused:)

I'll update the list with appropriate names when I get the chance. We must give credit where credit is due... :)

Johnnyh

Enlightened
How about a triad-type tail cap or at least a scalloped design to allow easier activation of a raised button with gloves on yet still allow tail standing? Something like my Convoy S2...just a thought....

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely agree with you. I know just on Monday a small little part was shipped out... in a USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box.

I'm feeling that pain right now. I'd like to swap out two raised buttons for flush ones, but I don't want to pay $15 in shipping for $12 worth of merchandise. Seems like one stamp on a standard envelope would get the job done. I wish I had thought to include the buttons with my order on 7/6, but I was in such a hurry click the order button that I neglected to add them.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm feeling that pain right now. I'd like to swap out two raised buttons for flush ones, but I don't want to pay $15 in shipping for $12 worth of merchandise. Seems like one stamp on a standard envelope would get the job done. I wish I had thought to include the buttons with my order on 7/6, but I was in such a hurry click the order button that I neglected to add them.

Sent you a PM.

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
I'm very excited about the ramping UI on the clicky. That might actually convince me to buy one!

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
It is an interesting idea. One would have to have a total catastrophic battery failure though as the way the light is designed, if there is juice in the battery, the light will stay on... even giving you the option of killing your rechargeable battery.

im confused by this. Doesn't the light have built in protection so you don't fry your battery?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Bring back a screw-down tail, no buttons. Single mode... or 2 levels like most light offer. And make a tighter beam... sort of a twisty v2.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
im confused by this. Doesn't the light have built in protection so you don't fry your battery?

Directly from the manual:
"Your flashlight will blink slowly once a second on the lowest brightness level when the battery is no longer capable of powering any of the steady brightness levels.
Caution: your flashlight will eventually turn itself off to preserve what little battery power remains if you continue to use your flashlight after your flashlight begins blinking once a second on the lowest brightness level. You may turn on your flashlight again when needed for a short period. This behavior maintains your options in an emergency."

If you are using a rechargeable battery, continuing to turn the light on, after it turns itself off after blinking once per second on the lowest setting, will drain the rechargeable past where you can recharge it again. This is done on purpose as if you are doing this, it is assumed you need the light and will sacrifice the battery for it.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bring back a screw-down tail, no buttons. Single mode... or 2 levels like most light offer. And make a tighter beam... sort of a twisty v2.

Keychain light will most likely be a twisty, but the current light most likely will never go back to twisty form.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a triad-type tail cap or at least a scalloped design to allow easier activation of a raised button with gloves on yet still allow tail standing? Something like my Convoy S2...just a thought....

I like the idea, but it would require two tail designs as with this, a flush button might be very hard to activate.

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
Directly from the manual:
"Your flashlight will blink slowly once a second on the lowest brightness level when the battery is no longer capable of powering any of the steady brightness levels.
Caution: your flashlight will eventually turn itself off to preserve what little battery power remains if you continue to use your flashlight after your flashlight begins blinking once a second on the lowest brightness level. You may turn on your flashlight again when needed for a short period. This behavior maintains your options in an emergency."

If you are using a rechargeable battery, continuing to turn the light on, after it turns itself off after blinking once per second on the lowest setting, will drain the rechargeable past where you can recharge it again. This is done on purpose as if you are doing this, it is assumed you need the light and will sacrifice the battery for it.

That makes sense. Thanks Hogo!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That makes sense. Thanks Hogo!

Henry put a lot of features in the light specifically for caving purposes. Being caught in the dark will kill you in a cave, though burning through rechargeable will kill your wallet above ground!

Just be sure you only put fully charged rechargeable batteries in the light. If the voltage on the rechargeable is low, the light will think it is a primary and drain it past the point of no return.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. Someone who has been on a long time, make one post with everything that has been suggested in the past... There are a ton.

This list is no way is what is being worked on, but are suggestions that come to mind that were made over the last few years. Some are being worked on, some might get worked on, and some will definitely not be done.
1 AA tube and compatibility
More throw
brighter
keychain light
headlamp
2 CR123 in 18650 tube
battery fuel gauge
better clip
tritium slots anywhere they can be put
stainless steel tail
metal switch
Strike bezel
smooth bezel
titanium bezel
remote tail switch
more lumens
more lumens
charging port/programming port
more lumens

these are just some that I remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts