HDS Systems EDC: Suggestions #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
I supported it, until the price rolled out. Hahaha.

I was a supporter of NRA Blue, though, and possibly the one to suggest it. I can't recall. ??? Who's the historian?

parametrek

Enlightened
Just a internet-troll.jpg

No that really wasn't a troll. A buggy website and Henry's obstinace when he's presented with the evidence and consequences of a buggy website are legitimate issues. It did make a collector and adamant fan of HDS completely give up on the brand instead of buying one of the $1000 Ti editions. He might still be a little salty about it but he isn't trolling.

A related suggestion: fix the website to properly work when used with the most popular web browser on the planet.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping the new brains can handle 6 volts.

That is the plan... even down to 1.5 volt. Yep. It will be an extremely versatile light when it finally arrives.
We have a lot of irons in the fire with a new light but don't expect anything for a year tops.
Most of the suggestions that have been made over the years... well, we are planning to incorporate.

Henry used to do updates and upgrades and not bother to even let people know it was done. I think there are probably at least 10 different upgrades to the Rotary from the first to those now shipping. Some barely noticeable and some not noticeable at all to the end user.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
No that really wasn't a troll. A buggy website and Henry's obstinace when he's presented with the evidence and consequences of a buggy website are legitimate issues. It did make a collector and adamant fan of HDS completely give up on the brand instead of buying one of the $1000 Ti editions. He might still be a little salty about it but he isn't trolling.

A related suggestion: fix the website to properly work when used with the most popular web browser on the planet.

A new website is actually in the process right now. Henry is maintaining the current horrible one (and my feelings about that monstrosity have been well documented on the forum) until the new one launches... which Henry is not building. We paid a professional to do it, and meet with them every couple of weeks.

However, coming into a thread and simply posting a vague one-liner is trolling. If he has a legitimate issue, spell it out. If Henry impregnated his dog and refused to pay puppy support, then say it. There isn't a thing I can do unless I know what he is talking about. Something as vague as "customer service" doesn't mean crap. Give the specifics like you did with the web site. When I know specifics, I can address it. It would be like me jumping into another thread and stating "xxxxlight is a piece of crap." and not bothering to say I owned 10 and all of them failed for whatever reason. While my reasoning for thinking it is crap is valid, the post appears to be troll.

I know there are a few on the forum who who have been "turned off" for one reason or another, but if I don't know the reason, there isn't anything I can do about it. Henry's "2 weeks" bullcrap, and yes, that was crap! That was something I could fix, and have. I need to know the actual issues if they are to be resolved. If someone's butt hurt and can't post why, then that more than likely is their own psychological issue that needs to be cured with counseling or medication. I myself, don't have time for that BS. I'll be happy to address an actual problem or concern, but not a vague statement.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lower shipping costs for small items would help. I had attempted to purchase a clip from HDS many years ago. The minimum shipping quote was $15.

I just checked out a $6 replacement rubber button. Default shipping is $15. This is one of the main reasons I make HDS related purchases from the HDS authorized dealers list instead of directly from Henry. Yes, time is money. These small orders may not be worth it for him since it cost him time to handle and package the items.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lower shipping costs for small items would help. I had attempted to purchase a clip from HDS many years ago. The minimum shipping quote was $15.

I just checked out a $6 replacement rubber button. Default shipping is $15. This is one of the main reasons I make HDS related purchases from the HDS authorized dealers list instead of directly from Henry. Yes, time is money. These small orders may not be worth it for him.

Absolutely agree with you. I know just on Monday a small little part was shipped out... in a USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box. I shook my head, and not in a good way. This does have to change, and I have spoken to Henry about it and will keep doing so.

Up until about a month ago, all the labels were printed out on a huge Xerox printer/copier on the expensive two per sheet label paper and... I could on, but I won't. Finally got an actual thermal label printer in the shipping area. Took me year to get Henry to get one. Yes, I've been working on that even before he and I partnered up. For a month now every time we print one out I say "See Henry, isn't that much easier?" I'm a jerk. I rub it in.

I will keep trying to work on a solution to the small item shipping with Henry.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
A battery back up. Ok don't laugh but I was thinking awhile back that these light could /are used in some very dangerous situations. My thought was to be able to install a a replaceable coin batter in the head/tail. If you suffered a total battery problem or it died just when you needed it you could flip on a reserve switch maybe like turning the body 1/4 turn or something to activate the backup battery. Yes it would be low capacity but would run long enough on low low to get your *** out of trouble.im sure there are 100 reasons why this wouldn't work but in my head it's a GREAT idea.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
A battery back up. Ok don't laugh but I was thinking awhile back that these light could /are used in some very dangerous situations. My thought was to be able to install a a replaceable coin batter in the head/tail. If you suffered a total battery problem or it died just when you needed it you could flip on a reserve switch maybe like turning the body 1/4 turn or something to activate the backup battery. Yes it would be low capacity but would run long enough on low low to get your *** out of trouble.im sure there are 100 reasons why this wouldn't work but in my head it's a GREAT idea.

It is an interesting idea. One would have to have a total catastrophic battery failure though as the way the light is designed, if there is juice in the battery, the light will stay on... even giving you the option of killing your rechargeable battery.

moltenmag

Enlightened

Interested as well. Great idea thermal guy. As if these lights can't get any more bombproof... [emoji378]

Lithium466

Enlightened
I see shipping has been evoked...may I bring "cheaper options for international shipping" ? I know international shipping is expensive, you have to deal with customs stuff and it's a pain, but $75 is $75.
And yes, some dealers offer cheaper options, but the one I know who offered custom lights is now gone :D

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I was a supporter of NRA Blue, though, and possibly the one to suggest it.
I'm absolutely positive that you brought up the NRA Blue a few years back, and then somehow, it happened. Definitely your name gets credit for the NRA Blue. (Where's mine? :confused:)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Exchangeable bezels reflectors that would allow the user to go from stock to a throw head. Screw off stock bezel reflector screw in another one for throw. Henry would have to make one first of corse. This way you can EDC your hds but have an option to get maximum reach if needed.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
True momentary was suggested by Paul sometime in January 2015... still trying to find his post in HDS #18.

I need a life, but I want him to get credit. Not sure of his CPF name.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exchangeable bezels reflectors that would allow the user to go from stock to a throw head. Screw off stock bezel reflector screw in another one for throw. Henry would have to make one first of corse. This way you can EDC your hds but have an option to get maximum reach if needed.

TIR optics. It's on the list. HDS needs something for throw even if it is tunnel vision.

moltenmag

Enlightened
I posted about TIR a while back. Did anyone else bring that up before I did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts