HDS UV light... On SALE October 23rd.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
is the UV coating on my glasses good enough to protect my eyes from backscatter UV light?
That should be not a Problem, at least for my understanding of the glasses and the UV protection.

The "problem" with UV Lights is, if you do not recognize that it is a UV light or the UV light is on (when i.e. the Woods filter is in use) you could harm your eyes if you look directly in the beam, that has a high intensity. I think Henry described it well in on the HDS order page to this UV LED.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS UV literally saved my *** at Apache Lake this weekend. There was a scorpion relaxing on my camp chair. Little ******* didn't realize it was MY chair and I don't share! Lot's of the little critters around.
img-2243.jpg

img-2247.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose a UV flashlight is essential EDC gear for anyone living in the desert southwest. I also really love that double barrel holster.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@hogo

Great videos! :twothumbs I must say I did not expected that you see scorpions that great when they are UV illuminated. Really impressing!

Unfortunately the woods lenses are out of stock. I guess now I would buy a UV light with woods lens....

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately the woods lenses are out of stock. I guess now I would buy a UV light with woods lens....

I believe you can still purchase a HDS UV light with a Woods lens. If you read the description on the UV LED emitter it says it comes with a Woods lens.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also curious. I ordered an UV Rotary on Tuesday - or Monday?? - don't remember anymore.

But I will check the sourrounding area with this lights. Maybe I find creepy creatures, Hobbits, Gobblins, Orks or Uruk-hai's? But at the end there will be only a few glibbery snails.

And finally I have a cool light to cure UV adhesive. :)

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo,
Just thought,
I ordered the rotary uv with a sapphire lens.... (creature of habit)... 🤔
Is it possible to get a woods lens separately from Henry, or do I need to send the light back for the woods lens and re calibration and if not, what are my options? As I realize I should have ordered with the woods lens as standard.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo,
Just thought,
I ordered the rotary uv with a sapphire lens.... (creature of habit)... 樂
Is it possible to get a woods lens separately from Henry, or do I need to send the light back for the woods lens and re calibration and if not, what are my options? As I realize I should have ordered with the woods lens as standard.

I'll find out Monday for you.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Hogo
Only for sure. When I ordered the UV HDS this week I did not have the possibility to select the woods lens. Only in the descripton this lens was stated. It is important for me this lens is build into the light, even if the UCL was selected (there was only the choice UCL and Sappire Lens).

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does say this on the site...

This LED comes with a special Woods Glass lens instead of the normal ultra-clear glass lens.

So hopefully it's standard.
P

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I programmed my UV HDS light as outlined below. The reason I removed low from the D lumen setting is that I could not see that the light was on at this setting without having the light either very close to a white paper or very close to a florescent object. I wanted button lockout enabled for the same reason.

Lumens:

A - Max
B - Medium (turn on)
C - Medium/High (two clicks after on)
D - High (three clicks after on)

Features:

Turn on preset - off
Auto turn off - off
Button lockout - on
Locator flash - off
Pseudo momentary - on
True momentary - on
Burst - off
Menus - off

My use for the light will be to primarily locate fluid leaks in my vehicles. I purchased an assortment of florescent dye from Tracer products for this purpose.

Last edited: