HDS UV light... On SALE October 23rd.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My light will still take a while until it reaches me. But it is not because HDS is that slow.... it is the shipping time :mecry::mecry::mecry:

But when I have it I hopefully will have the time to take some Pictures.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lacking Scorpions, for those with access to a USA $100, it is imo one of the best ways to assess the function of a UV light, at different brightness levels. The Red Fluorescing strip is much dimmer than the other colored strips on lower denominations

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1133737#comment-1133737
jon_slider said:
Both the convoy and the Cu6 have 3000mW 365nm UV
The tube claims to be, but is not actually 365nm, it won't fluoresce the red strip on a US 100, the other two above will.
Screen%2BShot%2B2016-06-09%2Bat%2B7.51.33%2BAM.jpg

Mkduffer said:
I have both the Convoy S2+ and the Jetbeam Jet-UV.
Both the Convoy and the Jetbeam were able to fluoresce all of the currency notes in my test group. ... It's faint with the Jetbeam, but detectable. If I move the light to within 3 inches, the strip is easily visible.
great to hear there is an AAA option with a true 365nm UV, even if it is very low power compared to the 18650 models

Euro Bills also have some wonderful colors:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...r-a-UV-Light&p=4947178&viewfull=1#post4947178
the following pics posted by djozz here with info on the excellent ZWB2 filter

The note with white light:
21220449381_cfe9422ef4_o.jpg

Nichia 276A U365 without filter:
21025709929_42a93cedbe_o.jpg

Nichia 276A U365nm with ZWB2 filter.
20589845344_97273a43a8_o.jpg

2mm ZWB2 filter reduces the transmittance at 365nm to 75%

In some applications, I believe it is helpful NOT to use a visible light filter with a UV light because it allows an operator to see the blue light reflection when the UV light is ON. Of course filters are great for eliminating visible light from a UV source.. it just requires an intelligent operator to remain vigilant about the On state of the light.

And, I believe it is always prudent to wear UV blocking eye protection, especially when using a UV light on close range targets.

Last edited:

d13avo

Enlightened
My light will still take a while until it reaches me. But it is not because HDS is that slow.... it is the shipping time :mecry::mecry::mecry:

But when I have it I hopefully will have the time to take some Pictures.

Same here, I tracked mine yesterday and it's held in customs.

TheJLew85

Enlightened
You'll have to give me a report on it I m wanting to know how it does

I haven't done any real testing with my light yet but so far, I really like it. I chose to get the rotary and am happy with my decision since it's not always obvious what mode it's in or if it's on at all. For me, the rotary is just easier. Now I just need to find things in my house that fluoresce under UV light!...

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also took an UV shot. I used as target my Oveready Surefire Z2 "Camo". The bark Brown parts glow red if the light is UV illuminated, also the carpet "glows" with UV light :eek::

30OI4P8.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
a test of the UV blocking ability of my prescription polycarbonate glasses, and the UV blocking glasses my retinologist gave me after laser treatment for central serous retinopathy

UV light:
kiPKZ65.png

N219b 4500k:
pmLcPN1.png

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Order placed this morning for a Rotary version. Thanks!

Good call Nimitz! I don't use mine much but it's 1000 times better than the forensic blue

I hope my photos help to sell this light. These are taken with an iPhone and unedited also

Nimitz68

Enlightened
yourlittlecncshop.com - but long sold out, though they were considering some new runs some time ago, said Q2 2019 expected.

Thank you very much. Site has been bookmarked and I am eagerly awaiting the release of this next batch.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
yourlittlecncshop.com - but long sold out, though they were considering some new runs some time ago, said Q2 2019 expected.

Yes I got this one from another cpfr 2 years ago I believe. Trits just came in from mixglo and installed with Loctite epoxy type glue (179f degree temp) so I can better replace at some point should I need to

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Wow! Ordered this past Saturday the 23rd and just received my USPS Priority Mail tracking number information. Three weeks? How about three days! Very excited.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Out for delivery today as we speak.

It has arrived! I'm not sure exactly how to go about testing it as I've never owned a UV light before. $5 and $10 bills look cool, as this lights up the security thread embedded in the paper. I can see the light on the palm of my hand from setting 24 down to about setting 12, then I lose it. Recommendations are most welcome. Thanks.