how many mpg do you get?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have to have some practicality.
There's a lot of truth to that as it relates to duallys. I didn't realize how the little stuff adds up…no more drive thru food places or car washes, parking close to anything, turning around.

Sure you can get a short flat bed, but you better have a mouth piece in while driving it.

The cruise liner QE 2 gets six inches to the gallon.

ATT00346.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow that engine must move a lot of air to get that fuel mixture right

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nowadays it is not the size that matters, it is the amount $$

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Guess we should exclude Work Trucks that help their drivers make money. But that top pic., looks a bit too clean to be something that does actual work on a daily basis.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I'm amazed that this thread got all the way to Mid year of 2022 without an reports of more than 50 MPG.

I bought my 2017 Prius Prime in Oct of 2019 with about 15K miles on it. Since then I drive it either 1000 or 2500 miles a month at highway speeds (~70 mph) . The car shows that I got 59.7 MPG for the last 60,000 miles. For quite a while I was getting over 60 MPG, but that number dropped when my wife needed to rest in an air conditioned car while I was inside shopping last summer. You can suck up a lot of energy just running a heat pump on a 110 degree summer afternoon.

I've verified that the MPG closely matches the actual MPG that I get at the pump.

Dan

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought of this thread today when this
View attachment 29489
flew past going 85 in a 60 zone.

Guess we should exclude Work Trucks that help their drivers make money. But that top pic., looks a bit too clean to be something that does actual work on a daily basis.

I notice that guys driving trucks like this (w/o the mods though) also whine a lot about high gas prices....

I mean, really?? Did they not know that was part of the package that they signed up for? Gosh, who woulda thought a giant king cab truck with a 6.0L 4WD package would get lousy gas mileage??

Anyway, I've been very happy with my '07 Mustang GT getting about 18mpg in my daily commute, which is roughly half slow neighborhood stop & go and half highway speed. On a 380 mile Interstate trip a while back, I got over 28mpg, with the A/C running, cruise-control at ~75, and a slow city construction zone on the way.

Works for me!!

Brokenarrow

Newly Enlightened
Anywhere from 9-19 depending on which vehicle I decide to drive. Life is short- worrying about mpg is not worthwhile.