In your pocket do you carry a knife much larger than your flashlight?

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
Depends,

Most days I carry a leather man "Wave" on my belt and a nitecore "Tip" on my key ring. There are days I don't care for the extra weight on my belt. On those days I carry either a Gerber "dime" or a Leatherman "Juice S2" in my pocket.

WDR65

Enlightened
It all depends on what pants I'm wearing. On work days I'm usually wearing 5.11 taclite pants and can fit a lot in those. I carry smaller flashlights than knives during the day and usually have an Olight S1 mini in my pocket and a Fenix E01 on my keys. Knife wise it varies, currently a Spyderco Delica Warncliffe. Somedays I also carry a serrated Spyderco Rescue in addition to the Delica. Prior to getting the Delica I usually carried an Endura or Manix 2 lightweight as I usually prefer larger knives.

At night the ratio switches and I usually carry a Surefire EDCL-2T and a Benchmade Bugout or the Delica in addition to the Olight. I'll just say I wear a good belt.

(On a side not, I checked my pockets today after we stopped in at my in-laws to see how they were doing before Hurricane Florence. I had seven different lights on me, six of them in my pockets. A Surefire aviator amber, my EDCL-2T, Foursevens Mini MKII, Olight S1 mini, PKDL-PR1, the E01 on my keys and a Surefire Titan-A around on a neck lanyard. Just a tad bit of overkill though some of them I had just charged the batteries in at home and put in my pockets to store otherwise and forgot about.)

Vemice

Enlightened
Sometimes this combo also:
gF3Em0Ch.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
Nice combo.

My preferred setup is the Ladybug Hawkbill Salt + Univex AAA.

@Bullzeyebill, if you like blue scales, there is a nice sprint run out now in V-toku2/SUS410 "super-steel"[emoji317]

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is kind of funny when I think about it but I guess I carry a much larger light than knife at least part of the time. My EDC lights vary a little but are usually a small one cell except the Malkoff MD2/M61T that I carry frequently at night clipped in the front pocket of my cargo shorts. My EDC knife is a SAK Compact and usually a Spyderco Dragonfly. Sometimes I carry a Kershaw Leek instead of the Dragonfly but even that is smaller than the MD2.

nitebrite

Enlightened
It looks like all those show your Knife with Flashlight threads are just showing off. I do not know anyone carries a knife like 4"+ in pocket.

I carry Glock 43 on shoulder holster. Of course AR15 only on my property. Stupid law here big trouble if caught in pocket. That like signals Gangbanger or something. I mean according to LEO's.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found that as long as I carry my wallet in my left front pocket, I can carry up to a 4-layer SAK beside it and not notice it.

So, while it is true that I always carry a knife and a flashlight, the size of the knife has nothing to do with the flashlight(s) I carry.

--flatline

nitebrite

Enlightened
That is my Favorite buck. "Prince" or something? people think 420Hc but it is the BOS heat treat. Buck are great knives. I do not know why all I see is photos of knives much larger than light. I guess I am going to carry the BM gold class at 3.4" blade and Photon Killer. The WH Kestrel B09 is fancier but simply too small to be useful. A few years ago 200Lm lights were 2xCR123A. now 1xAAA. Knives unfortunately did not get smaller and as effective HAHA.

MadAmos

Newly Enlightened
Right front pocket, Chris Reeve Sebenza and keys
Left front pocket, Ready made Alpha and Wallet

I sometimes swap the Alpha for a DC1 when I want to go light.

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I carry varies greatly due to my mood and what I'm doing at the time.
usually, some combination of Kershaw Blur, Vic Pioneer, Spydrco Delica wave paired with a Peak Eiger, Logan 17500, or a 4sevens quark 123 ti nichia (fantastic light).

nitebrite

Enlightened
For a while I carried a large decorated Sebenza. Somehow pared down to WH Kestrel B09. Too small. I have to say The particular BM Gold I am using now Has a much better blade than CRK. However CRK has it easily on the frame. Light in pocket tiny compared to knife. Have much bigger on belt.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've carried my Fenix PD22 daily for the last 2 years, and it just got kicked out of the pocket by a Zebralight H502w L2 AA Flood Neutral White. Great u/i. Button is sublime. Smaller, lighter, one white AA (made in Japan) eneloop lasts forever. I got it Sept 2016 and even though I haven't used it at all since a couple days ago, it still shows a good charge. It is a headlamp, so the button is at the end, and the light is sideways - which I like.

0p1tDiu.jpg

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a fan of small knives and prefer smaller lights as well. Almost always have a serrated H1 Dragonfly in my waistband and lately have gone back to carrying an Alox Pioneer along with it. Photon Freedom is the only light that I always have, if I've got my keys, but the past few weeks has been the Stylus Pro clipped to my back right pocket. Went a whole day last week and completely forgot it was there. 2xAAA pocket carry pretty well. Got another SC53w and that is good clipped to a pocket also.