In your pocket do you carry a knife much larger than your flashlight?

Sos24

Enlightened
Mine are about the same size.
86a95a822335cf613783bec1437013f9.jpg

coffeeandlifting

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying an edcl1-t and a spyderco PM2. Pretty balanced size-wise. They are both equally important tools IMO.

J_C_S

Newly Enlightened
Surefire edcl1-T and a Spyderco Sage 2 for me. I also sometimes carry a pm2 but I have just been turning to the sage more lately. This SF is the biggest light I have ever carried and it's taking some getting used to. It's not the length of lights that I find difficult to pocket, it's the bezel diameter. Even a huge knife is pretty thin compared to a flashlight.

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
I like a Victorinox Spirit S and a modded JetBeam RRT01 for all day pocket carry. With minimal prep both do well with a occasional salt water dunk. Even in quick dry, nylon , cargo shorts I'm constantly checking that they are there. So the size and weight are obviously not a concern to me. What you can comfortably carry is a very individual and personal thing.

1enmme.jpg

colin.p

Newly Enlightened
On my key ring, I carry an Olight i1R along with a SAK SD Classic. In my RFP, I carry an Olight i3T along with one of many clipped folders in my rotation, from less than 2" blade length up to 3 1/2" blade length. Of course I have to keep any change in that pocket as well as my LFP houses my big@$$ phone.

To keep the flashlight from jingling around in my change, I re-purposed a knife slip that I made for a Case mini-trapper and it's the perfect size for it. Works great.

Joseph08

Newly Enlightened
I see a bunch of pics of Tiny keychain lights with 3.5-4.5" blade knives. are these just poses or is this what people really carry? I am asking because I would much rather carry a BM Gold Class(3.4") than my William Henry Kestrel B09(2.03"). Of course the BM can do much more. I was just wondering if their is some knife to flashlight size/weight ratio? Even with a Multitool in pocket the BM would be the largest and heaviest thing in pocket. no laws here so no worry on that. I just did not know if peoples kinves are generally much larger than their pocket light? Thanks

I carry a pocket knife which is usually smaller than my flashlight. I prefer carrying small and compact gear during camping, hiking and other expeditions. A convenient approach to happy camping :)

PiperBob

Newly Enlightened
I haven't carried a knife in years and don't seem to miss it. In the past I've carried one of those small Victorinox knives with the scissors on the back side, a MiniBuck that I cut part of the handle out to make one handed, and a small Beretta skeleton knife. Each was attached to my keys (only one at a time).

I guess I stopped carrying them when 9/11 happened and security got tighter everywhere.

My current flashlight is usually a Ti3, but sometimes it's a Solitaire. I have an E01 coming in the mail, so maybe it will become that... All single AAA.

LGT

Enlightened
F9JG5hp.jpg
My edc's are a benchmade 581 barrage with assisted opening, handy for the many times one handed use is necessary. I pair it with a ZLSC64c. I like all of the images posted here, the wear and tear shows they really are edc's, not shelf queens.

Last edited:

Nephron44

Enlightened
Does it matter what size they are in comparison or what others are carrying as long as they work for your purposes and are comfortable to carry?

That said, my most carried lights are a Streamlight Protac 2AAA and a Microstream USB, and my most carried knives are the Benchmade AFO II Auto or the Pardue Auto, so I guess you could say my knives are usually similar size or larger than my lights...