• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Jetbeam RRT01vn - The Best EDC R

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they're actually just "glow powder slots". ;)

Stick in some glow powder, put some clear glue on top. Done.
If there's one thing they did do, was not to mention tritium vials anywhere on their site page for this light, or in any of the specifications. So... there's no official stance on those slots. But the flashlight community sure feels duped by this. Without measuring, you'd swear they were tritium slots.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If there's one thing they did do, was not to mention tritium vials anywhere on their site page for this light, or in any of the specifications. So... there's no official stance on those slots. But the flashlight community sure feels duped by this. Without measuring, you'd swear they were tritium slots.

LOL Yup We are just bitter trits dont fit.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they just arbitrarily made that design on their tailcap, not thinking that other lights that used a similar design actually had them for trits.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
U guys r making me so anxious to get the lights and see what the options are now...

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they just arbitrarily made that design on their tailcap, not thinking that other lights that used a similar design actually had them for trits.

Jetbeam RRT-01 2019 design team meeting:

Joe: "Hey guys, it's time to redesign the RRT01 for the new year. Today let's talk about what changes we should make to the tailcap."

Bob: "People complained about the old RRT-01 tailcap. They didn't like the stainless steel lanyard ring. It looked too much like a pushbutton and confused people. Also, the way the tailcap tapered in made tailstanding unstable. And if you used a lanyard it couldn't tailstand at all."

Bill: "Actually nobody ever used a lanyard with the RRT-01. I think we should ditch the lanyard ring."

Joe: "Got it. So flat base for better tailstanding and no lanyard ring. The bottom of the light looks really boring now. We should liven it up with something."

Bob: "I've noticed some other manufacturers put these little teeny tiny slots on their lights to make them look cool. How about we do the same."

Bill: "Are you sure these random slots are a good idea? They look like they would collect dirt. I wonder why other manufacturers add them."

Joe:
"Who knows. But apparently customers like them. Random decorative slots in the bottom of the light. Make it so!"

Sos24

Enlightened
I understand this is a 16340/18350 flashlight, but under features on the website it says
Runs off of just one AA

Is this a misprint or is there a way of running this light with a AA battery? I know some lights, including the RRT-0, have an extension that enables this. I understand because of the differing voltages, the performance would most likely be diminished as far as brightness. I wouldn't want to run it this way for edc, but just more curious.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand this is a 16340/18350 flashlight, but under features on the website it says

Is this a misprint or is there a way of running this light with a AA battery? I know some lights, including the RRT-0, have an extension that enables this. I understand because of the differing voltages, the performance would most likely be diminished as far as brightness. I wouldn't want to run it this way for edc, but just more curious.
What website? The Jetbeam corporate website doesn't even list it under the Flashlights product section.

But no... definitely not AA cell compatible. 16340/CR123A/18350 only.

Sos24

Enlightened
What website? The Jetbeam corporate website doesn't even list it under the Flashlights product section.

But no... definitely not AA cell compatible. 16340/CR123A/18350 only.

I was talking about the SkyLumen website which is why I asked. I didn't think it would, but wanted to clarify considering "Runs off of just one AA" is specifically listed under features on the page for ordering this specific light.

The same statement is also on the BatteryJunction website which is showing the new version.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
2*1.5X6mm Fits... Soooo you guys think? OH and all that blue is from the 6 Trits. Very bright!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to order a few lights from you, but I have to replace some hard drives. I might have to be done for a little while :( I will certainly pick one of these up at one point, I like rotaries too much not to! Glad to see a solution with the trits!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
219b is also excellent in this light. SST20 4000K is alright but not impressive. 219b 5000K is NO NO. LOL

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I was going to order a few lights from you, but I have to replace some hard drives. I might have to be done for a little while :( I will certainly pick one of these up at one point, I like rotaries too much not to! Glad to see a solution with the trits!

SSD HDs?

Latest posts