K60vn vs k70vn vs T6vn

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
LOL! You're as bad as me! If I remember correctly, didn't you come to CPF a couple of months ago looking for a small AA light? Now here you are buying a huge multi-18650 V54 light! You fit right in, that's for sure! :twothumbs

I have a couple of small V54 throwers but when I buy a big one I think I've decided on the K60vn. By then there might be a new V54 light out though, so time will tell. :)

Yes thats me ! lol

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very impressive set up Mike!

But no T6vn?

I wish I could have all the lights Vinh sells. The T6vn is on my wish list, maybe someday. I've been eyeing your K70vn for a while, I'm more a flooder guy but can't resist much longer if nobody else takes it.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
The T6vn gets my vote!!!

Do any of the guys who voted for the K60vn own a T6vn? I don't think so. The K60vn has an awesome beam and plenty of useful spill, but so does the T6vn, only the T6vn is smaller and throws much farther. It's easily in my top 3 out of 50+ lights purchased. I don't have a K60vn tho :)

Wimmer do you own a K70vn?

Its out of the K70vn or the T6vn

Im not sure which is going to be more impressive!

Ive already discounted the K60vn, while it looks like a great alrounder I think I will pass on it, im starting to think T6vn is the 1 its best of both worlds.. Just unsure of the petals effect and the lack of lock out function

I also do not know much about heat issues or run time on this light

More reading now I think !

drummer132132

Enlightened
Personally if you're interested in the K70vn I'd wait and see if vinh does anything to the thrunite tn42. There is potential for his driver and also side button rather than control ring.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
It starts with a single "V54" light, but they are like rabbits and multiply quickly, and soon you have a family of lights.

340e60d49fb156806ed3475ada6f5eeb.jpg

Newlumen like it. +10

matt304

Newly Enlightened
I was just curious, what does a "vn" model have installed typically? I keep hearing people say "vn" but I don't see anything different from first glance just maybe brighter? Or are they like the mem guy does on Blf with phosphor enhancement to make the HI chips flux brighter? Or maybe just amp boost? Sorry I'm just curious after seeing it a lot. ;)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just curious, what does a "vn" model have installed typically? I keep hearing people say "vn" but I don't see anything different from first glance just maybe brighter? Or are they like the mem guy does on Blf with phosphor enhancement to make the HI chips flux brighter? Or maybe just amp boost? Sorry I'm just curious after seeing it a lot. ;)

rookie here. Vn mean either amp power boost. Heatsink.. Drivervn, refocus beam, new led pdt, led, upgrade battery carriers, wite guages, resistors and so on..

Last edited:

Wendee

Enlightened
^^^ re: pic above

Impressive collection, MikeB! If you could only keep one V54 light in your collection, which one would you keep? I always wonder that when I see big collections of lights.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, means modded light, power boost, better heatsinking, led upgrade, driver upgrade, upgrade anything that needs it, and so on.

Each light has different mods that can be done.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^ re: pic above

Impressive collection, MikeB! If you could only keep one V54 light in your collection, which one would you keep? I always wonder that when I see big collections of lights.

Really tough question..... I like them all for their own reasons. Different occasions would get different answers depending on what I'm doing. For what I mostly use them for (dog walking) if I could only keep 1 "V54" light would probably be the MM18vn, it has XHP-70 flood and XML2-PDT throw (also no longer available). But I would have a hard time giving any of them up.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mikeb and newlumen are buddy., ha. Why? We both like big lights.

:wave:

The big lights are a lot of fun to use, always impressive, but I find myself actually using the small lights more. But I wouldn't give up my powerhouses either.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave:

The big lights are a lot of fun to use, always impressive, but I find myself actually using the small lights more. But I wouldn't give up my powerhouses either.

True.. Around the house, i use more edc light such as tk09, g25c2vn, ec50vn... Big lights came in handy when you are on the field..

Wendee

Enlightened
Really tough question..... I like them all for their own reasons. Different occasions would get different answers depending on what I'm doing. For what I mostly use them for (dog walking) if I could only keep 1 "V54" light would probably be the MM18vn, it has XHP-70 flood and XML2-PDT throw (also no longer available). But I would have a hard time giving any of them up.

I just looked up that light and wow! Unbelievable. Vinh called it "Flood and Throw pop can light". So over 11,000 lumens and 500+ meters of throw? I'd keep that one too! I wonder why he doesn't make it anymore. Maybe he can't get new stock. I couldn't afford it anyways (pretty pricey!) but it sure sounds great.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

He just puts bubblegum on the switch for the power boost and then engraves the light. After that mom, Wayne and the dog burn incense and walk in a circle around the light chanting some special vudoo chant that dates back thousands of years. It works too... I've bought 19 of them.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked up that light and wow! Unbelievable. Vinh called it "Flood and Throw pop can light". So over 11,000 lumens and 500+ meters of throw? I'd keep that one too! I wonder why he doesn't make it anymore. Maybe he can't get new stock. I couldn't afford it anyways (pretty pricey!) but it sure sounds great.

He offers the light with MTG2 instead of XML2-PDT now, I'm not sure why but he didn't like the light with XML2-PDT in it. He might make one on special request though.

I was thinking about your question picking a favorite light if I could only keep 1. I would compare this to asking a golfer to keep only 1 golf club, or a mechanic to keep only 1 tool, some lights may be more general use, some more special use, but they all have their place.

Bullyson

Enlightened
Here is an exact comparison. Both taken tonight from close to the same spot. The hillside is about a hundred yards away.

K60vn

T6vn

Last edited: