Kaidomain or DealExtreme?

Raymond

Enlightened
I have placed 3 orders with DX. One on march 5th (left hongkong on march 11th, according to hongkong post), one on march 15th (left hongkong on march 19th) and finally one on march 21 (left hongkong on march 27th, according to hongkong post). first order was shipped in 2 parts.
Until now, all packages have arrived in about 5 days from leaving hongkong (which means that I expect the last package to arrive early next week).

Monday qualifies as early in the week, doesn't it? It arrived today :)

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have placed at least 5 orders with DX. Items usually take between 10-15 days on average to get to my door. Usually if I order multiple items at the same time, one or two items will be delayed, and it can take up to 3-4 weeks. 15 days is about average for me.

I just placed my first order with KD, because the item I wanted was only available from them. I ordered a green laser, and a charger (from DX) at the same time. We will see what gets here first. My bets on DX, although I hope the green laser gets here first.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last order from KD was for a couple of items (5x drivers, a 5 pack of switches) that were supposedly in stock. After three weeks the status of the order was still "being collected from suppliers" and all I was getting from customer service each week when I queried what was happening was "Please wait a few more days" - even after I told them I wanted to cancel the order. "No, really, I do want to cancel." What's going on there these days?

When it looked like KD really wasn't moving at all, I ordered the five pack of switches from DX instead, which I wouldn't normally do (edit: for either company), being such a low value order. They have arrived already, just six days later. Wow. :twothumbs

Last edited:

ReP0

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been impressed with Kaidomain. The stock status seems to be bullshit half the time, the shipped indicator is full of poop as well. Flagged shipped two weeks ago since I visit the site daily to check status I noticed it. Got a little worried because item should of been delivered if the shipped indicated was anything to go by but when I pushed it had been shiped 4 days ago in reality and now I have a 2 week further wait. All up 2 months to get something that was indicated as in stock and funnily enough kept on being indicated as instock throughout the entire time. I pointed it out at one stage and it was changed for a day and then went back to "in stock". What a joke.

I just ordered a flashlight off DX. Hope I don't get a similar experience. If it's better KaiDomain won't see a cent further based on there BS tactics to lock in a sale.

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
By all means go with Dealextreme. Both vendors will get the items to you in due time but there is a noticeable difference in customer care.

I've had problems with both vendors but Dealextreme is very good about returns & exchanges and is pretty prompt with customer care. Kaidomain is also prompt in their response but will give you the run around, whereas, Dealextreme will send out a new one ASAP.

For instance, I received a faulty light from Kaidomain that was DOA...they told me to just go and put some new batteries in and replace the led. I told them that I did not just have a spare LED laying around to solder onto the flashlight...to which they responded that I should go and buy one at the market and ask someone to help me solder it in place. :thinking:

After a bunch of emails with Kaidomain explaining that I should not have to repair a faulty item from them...the final result is that they'll give me half credit toward next purchase. :thumbsdow I've had enough....Dealextreme all the way!

ReP0

Newly Enlightened
After a bunch of emails with Kaidomain explaining that I should not have to repair a faulty item from them...the final result is that they'll give me half credit toward next purchase. :thumbsdow I've had enough....Dealextreme all the way!

Wish I'd found this thread earlier and knew what I do now:banghead:
Hopefully the stuff I ordered won't be faulty.

akg7091

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered a lot from both sites. Kaidomain has a problem with the shipping status. The online account shows the items as shipped whereas they have mostly shipped them much later ( once they shipped my order 1 month later )
DX on the other hand does not show false info. I have placed over 5 orders. I received 4 of them in around 10 days and the 5th took over 2 months ( item was backordered )

Also, I ordered a cheap $14 ultrafire light. I received it with a broken clicky. I requested for a replacement and it was shipped in 2 weeks. The replacement also had a broken clicky ( go figure! )
I started a ticket and told them that I DO NOT WANT to receive any other replacement/refund as I am satisfied with my order ( I have two working LEDs) I just wanted to tell them of possible QC issues with their supplier.
DX sent me a replacement, again. This time the light is working.

One thing I want to add, is that the three LED from the three lights ( same SKU ) have completely different characteristics. One is very very bright, and the other two are OK OK. The brightest one is actually brigher than my Q5 at 350ma ( atleast it seems to be brighter to the naked eye )

Last edited:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: akg7091

Seems like an awful lot of people at the moment aren't happy with KD, and especially their misinformation.

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
So it was only half faulty? :thinking: Do they expect you to sell the tube for spare parts to recoup the difference?

Beats me...but KD isn't doing me any favors even though their light was DOA. Getting a 50% refund would be bad enough on a broken light :mad: but they're saying I'll only get that as a "discount" on my next purchase. :rant:

So either I'm stuck with a dead light and no funds...or they're pretty much forcing me to make another purchase from them to get my so-called "refund", which I really don't feel like doing....and the kicker, I'll still be stuck with a DOA light. :banghead:

Latest posts