Law enforcement flashlight recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

heztai

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I am new as well and I am a LEO from Canada. I am looking to replace my pelican m6 xenon with something brighter and with cree LED or Q5 bin etc. Something bright with throw. (over 100 lum and something not too bad if I carry it on my gun belt)

I am looking at pelican 7060 or the tiablo A8 or A9. Which one do you guys suggest? OR which other lights you guys will think is better?

I have read most of the threads here and wow, it's very overwhelming. Too many choices.

Thanks!

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two of my LEO coworkers carry Pelican's 7060. They seem to like it. The two switches is something I've long thought a tactical flashlight should have.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I recently got a lumapower MRV and it is great. 210 lumens and it out throws my issue poly stinger. Not to mention the battery lasts 3 hours vs the polystinger's 1 hour if youre lucky.

heztai

Newly Enlightened
I heard lumapower MRV is not that bright though? How is that compare to pelican 7060, tiablo a8 or a9, gladius or a striker VG?

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I heard lumapower MRV is not that bright though? How is that compare to pelican 7060, tiablo a8 or a9, gladius or a striker VG?

I have none of those flashlights, but i can compare them to my issue poly stinger as well as my new inova t3.

The MRV out throws both flashlights by a good margin. It has better spill than the poly stinger. Kind of matches the spill of the T3.
The thing is that it has a tight focused beam and some throw. The throw is enough to iluminate a medium sized room pretty well. At close range the bright spot is relatively small, but that means that at distance it has a good sized spot light. At 6 feet the bright spot might only be a few inches wide. but even then the spill is still better than the stinger.
While in waikiki i was pointing it up to 15th or 20th story balcony and it would iluminate the place fairly well.
The beamshots on the lumapower website are fairly accurate.
http://lumapower.com/products/mrv/bsMRV.html

Basically put this flashlight moves LED lights into competition as long range lights.
As far as build i havent found anything wrong with it yet.
I suspect it would have better throw than the pelican though.

Status
Not open for further replies.