Maratac AAA Q5 (Part 4)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many of us have been using 10440 batteries in these lights, some of us even use them exclusively. Recently a friend of mine dropped off a SS version that had been working but stopped working after a short time using 10440s. In the past, I usually just clean the threads or sand the front of the battery tube with some 400 grit and nonworking Maratacs start working again. This time though, the light really is dead.

Although some have experienced DOA lights this one was working and then stopped working, which leads me to lean toward the idea that it may have had something to do with the 10440. I'm not aware of any other reports of the 10440 killing a maratac so this just might be the first. This light came from a recent batch that was purchased within the last couple of months. Hopefully, this is just a fluke and not the result of a newer, lower quality pill of some type.

I report this with most of us knowing that the Maratac was never designed to work with this cell, however I promised long ago that I'd post a brief if I ever suspected a 10440 cell to have damaged a light.

thanks Patriot for the report!!

Opstanak

Newly Enlightened
Maybe this will be a wrong thread to ask for this but here it goes.

Is there anybody that has the lower part (battery casing) of the Maratac AAA Black to sell? Battery leaked in mine and completely ruined it.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe this will be a wrong thread to ask for this but here it goes.

Is there anybody that has the lower part (battery casing) of the Maratac AAA Black to sell? Battery leaked in mine and completely ruined it.

You should post in the WTB Market Place forum