Maratac AAA Q5

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a great light at DX prices. I can get 2 for the price of one LD01.

CR123_CR123_CR123

Newly Enlightened
i wonder how does it compare in size to the SS LD01. i'm really tempted to get one and don't mind the shipping because I'll probably end up buying other stuff too.

also, would be nice to know if it would run on AAA eneloops (which I use in my SSLD01).

and thank you CPF for bringing this light to my attention. my wallet gets lighter with the money that leaves to buy this stuff. :poof:

Guyon

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the AAA Maratac yesterday and, as usual, fell victim to the CountyComm "might as wells."

As in... I "might as well" get three survival whistles and a keychain and a...

I was okay with the $8 shipping. That's only about a buck more than the lowest UPS shipping I normally see ($6.99), and CountyComm usually ships fast in my experience.

This thread has me wondering if I should have also bought the 9290 AA Tactical light.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Re: County Comm Maratac AAA Q5

If someone in the states is picking up a few items, mind picking up one of these for me in Natural?

:naughty:
Gunga, I know you and will pick up however many you want. I'm wondering if we can take these apart and put the pill into our favorite L0D's so that we can finally have a real low! I'm planning on getting at least a couple for myself as well.
Curses:hairpull:!!
I hate it when you guys find an interesting product or supplier and then I discover that they won't ship to Australia. We're not that far away.
I would be interested if someone doesn't mind forwarding a couple to the UK?

They look pretty nice for the price.

Dan
England and Australia!?! Maybe we can do a couple group buys for your countries and I'm willing to help out with it.

sabre7

Enlightened

Gunga, I know you and will pick up however many you want.

England and Australia!?! Maybe we can do a couple group buys for your countries and I'm willing to help out with it.

Very nice of you to help them out! :clap:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much money in purchase does the $8 shipping charge cover?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much money in purchase does the $8 shipping charge cover?

Order Amount $0.01 - $49.99 = $8.00

Order Amount $50.00 - $150 = $10.00

Order Amount $150.01 - $250 = $12.00
Order Amount $250.01 - $500 = $14.00
Order Amount $500 and up = $17.00

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
By watching the vid, can you guys tell if this light has the typical Cree artifacts? It doesn't appear to, at least with my eyes.

gunga

Flashaholic

Gunga, I know you and will pick up however many you want. I'm wondering if we can take these apart and put the pill into our favorite L0D's so that we can finally have a real low! I'm planning on getting at least a couple for myself as well.

Thanks so much!

I may have one coming, I'll know in a few days to a week.

I'd have to ask, why would we transplant these? This is a smaller, slimmer body anyways.

Transplanting the pill could be a very ugly and thankless task. I would just keep the light as is, a smaller version of the LD01 with a lower low.

No other info yet, so can't comment on if this is a good light or not.

Still, thanks! May still use your help. Let me know if I can help you for stuff too!

:wave:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd have to ask, why would we transplant these? This is a smaller, slimmer body anyways.

Transplanting the pill could be a very ugly and thankless task. I would just keep the light as is, a smaller version of the LD01 with a lower low.

+1, It'd just be a waste of money and for what a lower low? If anything I'd see the Fenix innards going into the CCM for it's smaller body and clip.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

Thanks so much!

I may have one coming, I'll know in a few days to a week.

No other info yet, so can't comment on if this is a good light or not.

Still, thanks! May still use your help. Let me know if I can help you for stuff too!

:wave:
Believe me, I'm getting at least a few of these, but I have a deep love for the L0D, flawed though it is, and getting a true low into one is something I would at least like to do on my first L0D!

Can't wait to see some reviews, but right now the only thing holding me back from ordering is figuring out how many I need to get for both myself and the folks overseas.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well I caved and ordered one along with the Maratac Super Combat Shears... It wll make a decent "loaner" light at work so I don't have to let people use my LX2! If I like it, it will be Christmas presents LOL! Still interested in a group buy!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm also wondering about the possible increased runtimes and outputs with a lithium battery in it.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I expect 50% - 100% increase in run time with Ultimate Lithium.

Status
Not open for further replies.