Materials/Mechanical/Machining Specific Deals

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Members may post in this thread giving bare details of any Materials/Mechanical/Machining-related offer that they think might be of interest to fellow machinists. These may include offers that might otherwise be considered suitable for CPF MarketPlace in the Good Deals or Other Auction Notices forums, or ones that have come to the poster's attention in other ways.

You may post that you are looking for machinery specific to this forum. Replies to these posts should be via PM, email or other off forum means and NOT posted in the thread.

General discount codes and similar coupons are not permitted. In other words a coupons and such from a discount store retail chain (for example) will not be allowed.

Any post that in the opinion of CPF staff constitutes advertising, promotion or fluff will result in the offending post being deleted and possible administrative action being taken.

All follow-up discussion is to be by PM or e-mail, or otherwise taken off the board.

This thread is currently not a "for sale" thread so please post those in the proper forum

We'll give this another go, but please remember, this is a privilege that is generally not permitted in the other forums on CPF proper. Please follow the simple guidelines as posted above and any moderation so that all regular visitors of the Materials/Mechanical/Machining sub-forum may continue to enjoy it.

All other CPF forum rules including the CPF advertising policies apply.

These guidelines and this post are subject to revisions as they are needed.

Last edited:

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
There is a vertical mill in the SF bay area craigslist that might be a steal, or might not. Title "Jet Milling Machine"

It boasts a Mitutoyo DRO, rotary table and indexing head, for under $1500. The catch? No pictures and its' listed as a Jet 1/2v . I don't know what that is.

The accessories might be worth the price. The DRO by itself is rather expensive.

Daniel

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Not sure if you guys have OSH Hardware stores near you but they are having a 25% off sale this weekend for anything that is Craftsman. Supposed to be Sat & Sun only but the lady honored the discount for me today.

Aside from that this month is Craftsman Club month so you might want to check that first if you plan on buying anything (that is if you are a club member) as it might be cheaper. I just picked up a new workbench to put my lathe on & saved $100 with Craftsman club & bought some accessories for it today at OSH with the 25% off.

:twothumbs

wquiles

Flashaholic
Right now there is a seller on Ebay selling a GREAT dial indicator:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120436408988&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

INTERAPID DIAL TEST INDICATOR

MODEL: 312B-1

GRADUATION: .0005"

RANGE: .060"

FACE DIA: 1.5"

Buy it now price of $55. Although there is no box, from the photos it looks in reasonably good shape ;)

I would buy it myself, but I already have a similar Best Test (also swiss), so I don't need a second one.

Will

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
For those of you that use boring bars (or holders) with CCMT 1/4" IC inserts, I just got an unbeatable deal on ebay on inserts for use with aluminum.

I won a bid for 30 Valenite CCGT 21.51-1L VP7615 inserts for $45 plus shipping new sealed in packages. That's $1.50 per insert! Carbide Depot sells the same insert for $11.71 ea sold in packs of 10.

These aren't the beautiful polished inserts but rather for higher temp & have been working great in my boring bars. Haven't tried them on any other metals yet though.

C3 TiAlN/TiN

VP7615: Fine grain substrate. Primary application: Finishing and semi-finishing of aluminum and non-ferrous materials, continuous cuts. Secondary application: Finishing and semi-finishing of high temperature alloys, continuous cuts. Gold, application ValTurn.

Looks like the seller has plenty of these. He put up a Buy It Now for the same price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400056821350&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported

Seller shipped the very next day & also notified me of shipping. Any ebay seller that ships promptly, notifies me of shipping & leaves me positive feedback before I receive the item is a great seller in my book.

More info at Carbide Depot.

Img_1442.jpg

Img_1452.jpg

:grin2:

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Harbor freight 20% off no minimum, needs some tweaking:
PHP:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayCoupon.do?week=2509&campaign=RetailC&page=coupon1.html&single=true&r=4840_248134&cust=78084451347&keycode=0000

where it says 2509 its week 25 year 09, the one I posted expired yesterday.
It usually runs from friday to monday, so give it a couple of days and try 2609.

Pablo

G1K

Newly Enlightened
40% off entire order at MSC today (7/9/09) only. Enter MWMANIA40W in the promotional code box in the Shopping Cart when ordering online or mention the code when ordering via phone to receive the discount. Promotional price will be reflected in the Shopping Cart.

* Certain exclusions apply. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. For sale items, discount will be taken off of current catalog price. If an item is on sale and a promotion code is applied, MSC will automatically provide you the lowest of the two prices. Items are discounted up to the discount shown or to the maximum extent possible for a particular manufacturer. Offer ends at 11:30pm EDT.

R

G1K

Newly Enlightened
Wow, an exclusive Double Offer for email subscribers...you'll save 10% and get Free UPS Shipping* as part of the Enco-nomic Stimulus Plan!
Act now. This Double Offer expires Friday, July 17, 2009 at 11:00 PM EDT.​
All the Best,
The Enco Team

Enter codes:
WEBJF9 + WEBJ9P

R

choffman

Newly Enlightened
Favor to ask from anyone that receives enco's emails for specials (webcodes). I've signed up for them numerous times and have never gotten the first one. I finally contacted the webmaster and he/she said they've added me to the list. Though, I heard the same thing from a salesman when I called about shipping of a placed order and never started getting the specials. So, I'm just looking for a post from someone that gets them regularly, letting me know when the next offer goes out. Hopefully, I'll know because I got it as well. I hope this falls under the "rules/guidelines" for this thread. It seemed like the most appropriate place to post it.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Favor to ask from anyone that receives enco's emails for specials (webcodes). I've signed up for them numerous times and have never gotten the first one. I finally contacted the webmaster and he/she said they've added me to the list. Though, I heard the same thing from a salesman when I called about shipping of a placed order and never started getting the specials. So, I'm just looking for a post from someone that gets them regularly, letting me know when the next offer goes out. Hopefully, I'll know because I got it as well. I hope this falls under the "rules/guidelines" for this thread. It seemed like the most appropriate place to post it.

I too had this issue. I never received them at first until I placed my first order, from then on I noticed I started to received them. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not but I'd say it was about two months after I signed up.