Mini Mark II review

This is my first FourSevens light so I'm going to keep a positive attitude and expect that I will enjoy it.

I've heard they're habit forming ...... probably not true.

~ Chance

zXpmssv.jpg

ikS0zgL.jpg

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Chance I had know idea... pretty sure I will like my new FourSevens light after seeing this ringing endorsement. Impressive... and I really like your display. My light table is just a big hodgepodge. :)

Thanks, wimmer. I think you'll be happy with your Mark II. I was experimenting with the aluminum one yesterday, and found it to be somewhat "tight", especially when using one hand to switch modes. I've read that some people don't experience any difficulty doing so, so it's probably a matter of dexterity and break-in time. Member NutSAK, Terry, schooled me to be deliberate when switching modes, which I found to be very helpful advice.

~ Chance

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got it...... freakin love love it!

So tiny... so gorgeous... so powerful. I really like the clearly defined hot spot, and so far I've had no issues with the U.I.

Thanks FourSevens!

You too Chance! :))))

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm having no difficulty operating my Mini Mk II with one hand, and I'm only turning it a tiny bit to change modes. I can scroll through all 4 modes, without skipping, in about 2 seconds. Only when I turn too far do I occasionally skip a mode. I find that if you turn back to the left the instant the light deactivates you will be in next mode every time.

I simply can't brag enough about the Autumn PVD Copper.

NOTE: I could not operate this light with one hand at first. The secret is, of course, in how you grip this light. Curl your middle finger around the tail, while holding firmly against the upper part of your palm (lowest joint of same finger), then twist the head with your forefinger and thumb. Only takes a few minutes practice.

2888903.jpg

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
I've had and used Mini123's as my EDC ever since they were introduced. I love the new MKII but I have to ask why Mode 6 doesn't start with Moon mode? The idea of Moon mode is to have something just barely bright enough to get around in the dark without bothering anyone and probably other reasons. Having it at the tail end of Mode 6 means you have to start the light in at least low mode (if not a higher mode that you turned off last from) and the moment this is done, your night vision is destroyed so when you eventually get to Moon mode, you can no longer see its' low level of light nor where you're going. It just seem Mon Mode should be first. Am I missing something? It's really a big disappointment in an otherwise perfect EDC.

BVH

Flashaholic
I totally understand that approach - I guess that's the only way to accomplish what I want. I'm so used to the S1 Baton where I can press and hold the switch to have the light come on in Moon Mode regardless of how it was shut off.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I ordered a copper one on clearance. Seemed like a good deal for the money. The charger can be tossed in one of my kits as have an Olight one. The light, battery and charger for 32 bucks with discount shipped.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Reason why i ask is the complaints on moon mode being last in the cycle but why would that matter if it has mode memory and not no memory? I was replying to a post above but i think it got edited

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Reason why i ask is the complaints on moon mode being last in the cycle but why would that matter if it has mode memory and not no memory? I was replying to a post above but i think it got edited

Here is the full exchange on the 4 sevens site.

"why is moonlight after high? were you high when u decided that was a good idea?"

David Chow's response.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"haha you're funny. moonlight is used less than low in our market studies. If you want moonlight to come on each time then turn off when it's moonlight and it will come on moonlight. In fact whatever level you had on last will be the first mode to come on. Does that help?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I will know more soon as the light is being shipped now though am in Florida right now so might have to wait a few weeks. Odds are it has memory mode. Also I am inclined to like low-med-high but that's just me. [/FONT]

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moonlight is useless unless it is the first mode. Being that they have multiple programmable mode options I think one with moonlight should be no memory. Or better yet have a few different mode options and then a toggle for memory/no memory.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny about the "moonlight last" discussion. It HAS memory, we know that. So the modes are not in a row, they are in a CIRCLE. Whether you type moonlight last or first, it is the same interface. I too wish it was the default first mode, with no memory, but it is what it is, first, before low - wait, no... last, after high - oh, right :nana: