My next buy I want a monster thrower and flood any recommendations?

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
Was looking at ace beam X50 & Fenix LR50R or is there anything else better….budget is around $500
dont want a quick step down in brightness the more time the better before it does!
was thinking of the ms18 100,000 lumen but it's a lil big!
should I wait a few year and maybe things will get a lot better or will they just increase a small amount with cooling better emitters etc!

turbodog

Flashaholic
I've got the fenix LR40R (12k lumens)... it gets HOT quickly. At these power levels, some of the larger lights are actively cooled with heatsinks, heatpipes, and FANS. I would get one of those.

It's impressive for throw and flood. Runtime is good. It has a pack of (4) 18650 cells. Can also use 1/2/3/4 18650 loose cells, but maximum power is cut down to around 5-6k lumens.

Lights and Guns

Newly Enlightened
I've got the fenix LR40R (12k lumens)... it gets HOT quickly. At these power levels, some of the larger lights are actively cooled with heatsinks, heatpipes, and FANS. I would get one of those.

It's impressive for throw and flood. Runtime is good. It has a pack of (4) 18650 cells. Can also use 1/2/3/4 18650 loose cells, but maximum power is cut down to around 5-6k lumens.
Hadn't seen this light yet, just looked in to it - seems like a beast and great form factor. I own a TK75 from years ago, absolutely love the thing. Great size/shape and UI ... and still going strong all these years later.

flashflood

Enlightened
Was looking at ace beam X50 & Fenix LR50R or is there anything else better….budget is around $500
dont want a quick step down in brightness the more time the better before it does!
was thinking of the ms18 100,000 lumen but it's a lil big!
should I wait a few year and maybe things will get a lot better or will they just increase a small amount with cooling better emitters etc!
What is your use case?

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
Hadn't seen this light yet, just looked in to it - seems like a beast and great form factor. I own a TK75 from years ago, absolutely love the thing. Great size/shape and UI ... and still going strong all these years later.
Good deal but I prepare the LR50R over the 40 tnks anyway

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I glimpse at your profile picture I think its this:
0bd.jpg

..and then I remember it isnt & its disappointing every time.
IDK man, they dont even took that similar..

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
Drop off brightness from the RC60 is to much compared to the LR50R so that seems the winner but if I loose flood I could go with the RC90 mmmm I don't know which to buy now

flashflood

Enlightened
Read the thread title
I'm trying to be helpful. Lighting a back yard, a soccer field, a beach, a walk in the woods... these require different tools. Obviously you can just google the highest lumen thing, but people here often have more relevant expertise on how well a given light works in a given setting.

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
I'm trying to be helpful. Lighting a back yard, a soccer field, a beach, a walk in the woods... these require different tools. Obviously you can just google the highest lumen thing, but people here often have more relevant expertise on how well a given light works in a given setting.
Just something with a wow factor that throws has flood and doesn't step down too soon looks at rc90 & LR50R at the moment so if there is anything better at doin the job but don't want anything bigger than those lights tnks

Brigadier

Enlightened
The brightest light I own is a TN36 UE. 11k lumens, bright as heck, but mostly all flood. Reaches about 200 yds thru sheer lumens. Gets hot quickly and steps down quickly too.

Honestly, my Streamlight HL5-X is a much more useful light.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
A wow factor is a Merican Made Malkoff
Get the Super Hound Dog
It's not the brightest
It's not the most throwy-est
But it will turn on when the others won't.

Cliffjumper

Newly Enlightened
Acebeam just released a "2.0" version of the X50 with a slightly upgraded max lumen output. They had a one-day sale on it last Thursday (the 28th) where it was 20% off. So.... I'm now waiting for my order to ship. Honestly, with nearly 50 flashlights, I can say that I've probably never been more excited to receive a flashlight order. I had no reason for buying this other than I also wanted a monster flooder and the timing of its release was perfect. I was all set to order last year's X50 but kept seeing it out of stock. After checking on their website 3-4 times a week to see if it became available, the "2.0" product page randomly appeared and then I got an email announcing the sale.

Okay after typing that paragraph above, I decided to check my tracking spreadsheet (yes, I keep a Google spreadsheet tracking all my lights) and when the X50 arrives, it will actually be my 50th flashlight.

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
I
Acebeam just released a "2.0" version of the X50 with a slightly upgraded max lumen output. They had a one-day sale on it last Thursday (the 28th) where it was 20% off. So.... I'm now waiting for my order to ship. Honestly, with nearly 50 flashlights, I can say that I've probably never been more excited to receive a flashlight order. I had no reason for buying this other than I also wanted a monster flooder and the timing of its release was perfect. I was all set to order last year's X50 but kept seeing it out of stock. After checking on their website 3-4 times a week to see if it became available, the "2.0" product page randomly appeared and then I got an email announcing the sale.

Okay after typing that paragraph above, I decided to check my tracking spreadsheet (yes, I keep a Google spreadsheet tracking all my lights) and when the X50 arrives, it will actually be my 50th flashlight.
30 sec step down is a bit quick for turbo plus the CD is much more with the LR50R so brighter spot and loads of flood plus the higher runtime of 50hrs compared to x50's 11hr think it's slightly better light overall. Might be the Fenix for me I think