New Inova X1?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What's wrong with my Inova X1?

Welcome to CPF.

When I 1st got my 7x7mm, it was DOA. Finally srretcched the spring in the tailcap a bit and it works fine now. I grabbed both ends of the spring when pulling so won't pull it off the tailcap.

Quiet Storm

Newly Enlightened
Re: What's wrong with my Inova X1?

Cleaned it again with a microfiber cloth and now the problems seem to be gone. Thanks again!

Kryosphinx said:
Just out of curiosity, where did you buy it?

It was a gift (it was NIB, if that's what you're asking).

thunderlight

Enlightened
Re: Inova X1, what's the point of this one?

Diffusing the X1 beam, reversible modification:

Obtain a package of translucent plastic salt / pepper lids for a film cylinder . These are available at camping stores . Discard the "lid" and keep the part that incorporates the salt or pepper holes . This part will fit over the front of an x1 perfectly with a tight seal . Trim the extraneous material with a knife .

You now have a combination lens cover and " beam diffuser " . Since the X1 is , essentially , a cylinder , you can snap the cover onto the other end of the light for spotlight use . Moreover , you can stand the inova on its end , albeit , in spotlight mode .

The total cost is 99 cents + tax and it is the perfect mod for my skills . Screw up the salt lid and you still have the opportunity to get it right with the pepper lid . :whistle:

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened

i actually ordered an X1 off batteryjunction with my large sum of C batteries, the X1 to me is more of a special purpose tactical light, if i need to wire up explosives in a dark room without drawing much attention, im definatly not going to use something like a L1P. ahh im just kidding.. really... but its more for specific tasks not just a general purpose flash light.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

somekind said:
Let me know when, I want to take part in that one, too.

Just did it this afternoon. Here's the thread with details. I just put a Nichia CS LED in it this time. Next time, I'll try the green or blue THC3 LED but I want to get a silver X1 to do this with.

NFW

Newly Enlightened
Inova X1-UV or X5-UV?

All I really care about is, which one is brighter? Has anyone here compared them?

Thanks!

cy

Flashaholic
Re: Inova X1-UV or X5-UV?

X5 is way brighter, due to 5x more led's

I've got a X5 UV new in box available

please PM if interested

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

they make a UV X1?
the lens would kill the output of UV

note: just checked.... i might wanna get the X1-UV and put a Nichia 365 in there.

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic

had a UV X1 for a bit. works great, lens does good job of focusing beam. and is tiny.

but X5 puts out a flood of UV, probably 5x more light and is way bigger.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

cy said:
had a UV X1 for a bit. works great, lens does good job of focusing beam. and is tiny.

but X5 puts out a flood of UV, probably 5x more light and is way bigger.

but does the X1 do better at illuminating a single object at a slight distance due to the tight spot?

cy

Flashaholic

X1 throws further due to lens, but spot is so small. not much if anything is gained

get the X5, otherwise go with an ARC AAA UV for size.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

cy said:
X1 throws further due to lens, but spot is so small. not much if anything is gained

get the X5, otherwise go with an ARC AAA UV for size.

i might do a add resistor downboy X5 with nichia 365.. the metal casings on the nichia are +, and the body on the X5 is +.... so.... woo hoo! the nichia 365 are awesome...

jbg23

Newly Enlightened
new inova x1 at target

Anyone else see the new version x1's. I bought one at target today, and must say that I like it much more than the older version. It uses a flat lense and reflector now, and is much more useable for my needs.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: new inova x1 at target

WHAT? - did I say WHAT??? Now that's a practical design change for me!

A flat lens and a reflector - now I need to sell a couple of the "moons" off!! However, since the moon is a nice thrower for such a little torch on an AA cell - maybe I'll just have to add a couple instead of thinning out the herd!

Anyone know where else they are available? (As in CPF vendors or elsewhere online, as we have no Targets in Alaska?)

jbg23

Newly Enlightened

I will try to get some pics tomorrow, but they look identical to the old x1. They just use a reflector and flat lense.

DaveG

Enlightened

Is the package the same, new and improved,or did you just eye ball the reflector? thanks

jbg23

Newly Enlightened

everything is the same, I just happened to notice the reflector. They do not come with pouches anymore, they have a lanyard instead.