New Malkoff MDC in the works.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always open to constructive criticism, but after multiple posts of the same stuff, it gets a bit old.

As to the notches, if they bother you, I get it, as for me (and I assume many others) it doesn't bother me a bit. I don't use my lights to white wall hunt, but please, do feel free if you enjoy that.

As to the truth, what is true for you, may not be for me, or others, so be very careful what you call the truth, when discussing such a subjective subject.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The three notches in the bezel presenting in the beam just sucks. Malkoff MDC is far from perfect.

You're able to see the notches in the beam while using the light to find the keys you dropped under your car? You're able to see the notches in the beam while using the light to illuminate the trail between the beach and your campsite?

If you're going to call out the MDc's less than "perfect" attributes, at least choose one that can be experienced with real-world usage.

Is the MDC perfect? No. Does perfection (to every single potential user) exist in any $99 light? Again, no.

Feel free to start a new thread praising your favorite light. A few members here would likely be willing/able to point out its faults.

Back on topic.....I've also noticed that some product pages state reverse polarity protection exists or not, while others don't mention it. I presume that if it's not mentioned, then there's no protection against it.

Last edited:

rickyro

Enlightened
You're able to see the notches in the beam while using the light to find the keys you dropped under your car? You're able to see the notches in the beam while using the light to illuminate the trail between the beach and your campsite?

If you're going to call out the MDc's less than "perfect" attributes, at least choose one that can be experienced with real-world usage.

Is the MDC perfect? No. Does perfection (to every single potential user) exist in any $99 light? Again, no.

If I know there are three notches in the beam, I definitely will not waste the money on it, at least not for the head. I think this info should be discussed here. If somebody feel deceited due to not enough info, he will become more annoyed and complain more, just like I am doing.

Notches being there is a truth. It does not matter if you like it or not or if you think it is OK for you. Whether it sucks for sure is subjective.

The same happened when last year I pointed out the dark ring in HDS Rotary 170 Nichia. This kind of attack is typical everywhere on Internet. Just no difference with your proud Americans. Haha.

recDNA

Flashaholic
The three notches in the bezel presenting in the beam just sucks. Malkoff MDC is far from perfect.
It's funnly. I'm a white wall hunter but I love the beam of my xp-g2 neutral rechargeable mdc. The thing that bothers me is rings or bad tint or a hole in the hotspot. I never noticed the notches.

The ring in my hds 170n bothered me more

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's one good thing about flashlights. Not every manufacturer works for everybody. It seems the Malkoff brand just does not make you extremely happy. There are many other companies that may work for you :Tnc, Mcgizmo, Oveready, Tana, etc.

The notches does not bother me. I was more disappointed with a dark ring on one of my M61 219a drop-in. I solved that by giving it to somebody would use it everyday.That person doesn't even notice the 'ring'.

This notches were mentioned before, but it appears not to be a deal breaker with most.

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?351275-New-Malkoff-MDC-in-the-works&p=4170718&viewfull=1#post4170718

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?351275-New-Malkoff-MDC-in-the-works&p=4135812&viewfull=1#post4135812

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always open to constructive criticism, but after multiple posts of the same stuff, it gets a bit old.

Edited from original post:

rickyro,

You have done nothing but complain from the price point of the shipping all the way down to receiving the light. This has now devolved into trolling with your latest posts. They are inflammatory and posed in a way to evoke and disrupt the thread and are without merit. This is called trolling and is against forum rules, we don't appreciate it. There are plenty of other USA companies that that "suck" and Malkoff is FAR from one of them. They have years of unrivaled reliability, durability and customer service. If your unhappy with you lights sell them on the marketplace. We won't mind. We do mind when you come in and complain, nitpick and whine, then claim other posters are "attacking" you for asking you to chill out.... :rolleyes:.

Simply put, Malkoff is the best at what they do. Period.

The thread would greatly appreciate if you use a little more discretion and tact in your "complaints".

Thanks,

- Forrest

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't say it here. If you do not understand or accept, it is your fault. Please move along now. Oh, and thank you. How civilized!

"Normally" a light with no reverse polarity protection are dangerous firecrackers, just the way some of us want them.

There is the "safety net" concept to protect the children. Some of us like the zap, however, some of the makers just cut corners.

Hard to say without testing the specific light in question.

Malkoff = respected CPF name. Thanks.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, ok ... this comment = lol
:crackup:

Yeah....probably should have left that one in there. LOL.

recDNA, you aren't a PIA, but if the beam passes your standards, that really is end of story. Beam is closed for comments. :)

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

It's awesome to hear that you are working on a new pocket light. I would like to leave you a suggestion. Please consider using optics again in some of your lights, and more neutral/warm tints....

To help the thread get back on topic - a quote above (from Post #4), and photo below ...

rtrZnMs.jpg

... for a "notchless beam" solution [emoji14]

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Malkoff has optics available again. We got the 1 X CR123 MDC Throw & the larger brother the MDX M61 throw.

Im very interested in both, but will make it a point to gather the pennies for option # 1.

LOVE the MDC for factor.

"These are designed for maximum reach in a small format. If you are a whitewall hunter this is NOT the head for you."

You see that folks? Thats integrity, giving it to you blunt and upfront. Function over form in the interest of maximum performance in real world use.

Could they have made an optic with an immaculate beam? Of course, but there is always compromise in design. I trust Malkoff's judgement on what takes precedence in the scope of the design and the products intended purpose.

rickyro

Enlightened
That's one good thing about flashlights. Not every manufacturer works for everybody. It seems the Malkoff brand just does not make you extremely happy. There are many other companies that may work for you :Tnc, Mcgizmo, Oveready, Tana, etc.

The notches does not bother me. I was more disappointed with a dark ring on one of my M61 219a drop-in. I solved that by giving it to somebody would use it everyday.That person doesn't even notice the 'ring'.

This notches were mentioned before, but it appears not to be a deal breaker with most.

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?351275-New-Malkoff-MDC-in-the-works&p=4170718&viewfull=1#post4170718

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?351275-New-Malkoff-MDC-in-the-works&p=4135812&viewfull=1#post4135812

Just don't understand why these mentioning of the notches were not trolling, and mines are trolling?

And why mentioning HDS Rotary 219B dark ring in Malkoff's post is not trolling, and mentioning it in HDS's post is trolling?

So every long post of the famous American brand should be only clean with pros and no cons? Even I 'whined' (such a sxxt word) a lot about HDS 170n dark ring, I still think it is one of the two best flashlights I have (HDS Rotary 170N and McGizmo Haiku AA XP-G2) and I am going to buy the 18680 tube for it. And I read from HDS post that the new 200lumen 219B batch does not have dark ring any more. Why? It can disappear without the whining from me, and recDNA and many others?

Why HDS can become better and better? What is the point of this post here to Gene? Is he only expecting compliments here or is he willing to see some complaints that may help him (his products and his business) become better?

I tried last night, even not white wall hunting, the three notches are still very distracting. I cannot even notice the dark ring of HDS 170N except white wall hunting, but the three notches are not so.

Since this post welcome only pros and not cons, I will summarize what I see of Malkoff MDC in another post.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Rickyro, contact Malkoff via email or phone call and express your concerns to him. You have said your concerns so let's move on.

Bill

Latest posts