New Malkoff MDC in the works.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Several other pics in the review.

You SIR deserve a HUGE Awesome!!!!!! on your webpage review....

I absolutely love the software you are using to compare beam shots....

By far the neatest idea I have seen EVER for comparingbeam shots on lights....

:wow:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it a XX or regular? Very nice, thanks for the info!

I sold my 123 MDC bc my AA gets all the pocket time. The brightness on a Eneloop is just right for Edc.

Thank you sir. RI Chevy was correct, it was a regular.

. . . By far the neatest idea I have seen EVER for comparingbeam shots on lights....

:wow:

I agree it's pretty neat but I can't take credit for the idea. This was my first step at recreating something I saw on another review site. Since this was my first serious attempt at taking night time beam shots I think it turned out pretty well and I learned a few things along the way that will hopefully help me get better!

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let's hope to see this on an MDC body for sale soon too (neutral tint).

5001craig

Newly Enlightened

Noticed this today: A 3 mode Malkoff MDC Head for a single Li-ion rechargeable

Malkoff MDC HA LMH Li-ion Rechargeable Head
I've got one coming. And an M361. And a head tool...

400 lumens on high with a 14500 and a low and medium mode as well. What could be better for an EDC??? The only question for me is who I will gift my MDC to that I have in my pocket now.

lewong

Newly Enlightened

I ordered a Malkoff MDC HA LMH Li-ion Rechargeable Head today too. Too bad the Malkoff/Valiant Concepts VME123F Twisty Body isn't available.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast

J.S. Burly's has the lugged model in stock but not the flat version.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ordered a Malkoff MDC HA LMH Li-ion Rechargeable Head today too. Too bad the Malkoff/Valiant Concepts VME123F Twisty Body isn't available.
jsburlys.com still got some valiant twisty and clicky tubes left.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
400 lumens on high with a 14500 and a low and medium mode as well. What could be better for an EDC??? .

One that will retain regulation down to 0.9V so you can run common NiMh, Alks, or L91s in a pinch?

Still waiting...

Redhat703

Enlightened
One that will retain regulation down to 0.9V so you can run common NiMh, Alks, or L91s in a pinch?

Still waiting...
This head requires minimum of 3.5V. I tested my M361N (same specs) with 2AA Eneloops and it did not light up at all.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
This head requires minimum of 3.5V. I tested my M361N (same specs) with 2AA Eneloops and it did not light up at all.

Yeah I noticed, hence my comment.

Was very excited to see a top quality American manufacturer finally put out a AA EDC light, but with only M and H, and direct drive on 14500s. Then seeing LMH on 14500s, but with now no lower voltage support. I can do without 14500 support, but I definitely need a decent low mode with reasonable runtime.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Was very excited to see a top quality American manufacturer finally put out a AA EDC light, but with only M and H, and direct drive on 14500s. Then seeing LMH on 14500s, but with now no lower voltage support. I can do without 14500 support, but I definitely need a decent low mode with reasonable runtime.

I think you'll see what you are looking for pretty soon .
The lows are coming online now with these CR123 models, and the low-voltage version should follow up with good eneloop support. I suspect it will be soon.
I wouldn't expect any moonlight mode, though.

TIP AND RING

Enlightened

There are very skilled modders on CPF that can manufacture your grail. I see you on so many different forums online, for so many years, have you tried the custom route?
Not trying to bait, but search engine with reppans, 1aa, Quark and firefly produces several pages of results.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ What can I say? Guess that's what early retirement, flashaholism, and couple thousand posts here will do for ya.

Not interested in modding, I'm very fond of warranties and companies/people that stand behind their products if there's a problem. Quarks are certainly close enough to my Holy Grail lights, but I still love trying new things... just trying looking for as many of the best features as possible.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I

That's strange... I tested my M361 with a single CR123 showing 3.01 volts and it not only lit up but all three modes worked. I posted all about it in the Malkoff Junkie thread.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I think Eneloops are only 1.2v each. So 2.4v may not be enough, while 3v gets it running, but out of regulation.