NEW Zebralight H603d, H603c, H603w shoot out

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
The only issue I would see with the hotspot off center would be when trying to look down a small hole, but now that I think of it you could just position the light directly above an eye to get rid of that problem. In that case the angle headlamps may actually be better than a centered one.

It looks like these new lamps do have a slot on both ends for a pocket clip but it is not very deep carry from what I can tell (unless a custom clip is made).

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't even get me started on the lack of a clip on a $90 light. Their competition, Armytek and Spark, include a clip. Speaking of Spark, are they still in business? Anyway, they say or somebody did that the H52 clip will work on the H600 lights. I would never use clip-on clips with the light outside the pocket. In fact, I don't use the clips on my H52w and H02w for clipping to clothes at all.

I only use them to hold some magnets and keyrings.
x9_zps81b2dda6.jpg

A clip slot should be flat like this:
http://i.imgur.com/MO3tWK7.jpg

Koam

Newly Enlightened
When I pre ordered my H600w MKIII a few days ago the shipping date was 6/30. I wonder if all pre orders are pushed back or if just the ones buying now are. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
What are the advantages of new model over the old version ?
More output or runtimes or better LED etc.

I would trust the clip on the h502, it seems very sturdy. IMO of your clothes experienced enough shock for the clip to fail you would probably be dead. One exception would be the light got caught on something while clipped outside of your clothes, but then again it would take a bit of force to come undone. I would trust screw on clips less unless they had been thread locked in place.

markr6

Flashaholic
Don't they always say "processing" the minute you place the order? I honestly don't remember. Maybe it says "order received" or something before that?

Looking forward to some feedback on these. I'm sticking with my H600w II for now.

Sulik

Newly Enlightened
Mine has "New (Shipping From China)" status & no emails with track number since 06/30.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I have not checked my order yet but it looks like the stats on the h603c took a ping, it used to be 900 for about 2.2 hours. Now it is showing 830 for 2 hours and all levels down to low 1 have been taken down by a small fraction.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looking forward to some feedback on these. I'm sticking with my H600w II for now.

The sale price of the H600 XM-L2 makes it a tempting offer. That's just a few bucks more than what I paid for my H52w.

As for the latest version of the H600, except for the new emitter everything looks the same. They basically put the new emitter in the same exact body -- even the hot spot and spill are the same. The 12 degree hot spot is a bit small for close-up work. Something like 16-20 degree would be awesome.

Yes, I can put DC-fix on, or buy the F version if I want more flood. But I don't want to.

Just have to say it before someone tells me all that.

Last edited:

Sulik

Newly Enlightened
Tre_Asay, that's weel known ZL-copypaste. I write'em email & they change mistakes. Also I doubt 39gramms weight of H603. H602 is heavier for 4 gramms others H600, so do H603, I think.

Glock27

Enlightened
H603 XM-L Easywhite HCRI lights changed from "Pre-Order" to "Back Order". Shipment to TX should be here this week. Hopefully less than a week till I get one!

XHP35's still say "Pre Order".

G27

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
H603 XM-L Easywhite HCRI lights changed from "Pre-Order" to "Back Order". Shipment to TX should be here this week. Hopefully less than a week till I get one!

XHP35's still say "Pre Order".

G27

I am out on vacation for a while so hopefully it is in the mailbox.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I got my h603c in the mail today :twothumbs
It is looking great, the only problem I had was the ring around the front of the light worked as a small reflector and made an artifact in the center of the beam so I used a sharpie to fix it.

I think this light will make a great serious headlamp for whatever adventures I have.
Y-mHcAnAGH6RTWDOvpeBtZ3HDU81P-AZCrW9tNAY4qpmORPHiYeY81mT4Y-df1SNNZi_d-wqCBzSUS6T33mitII1gazIoX3PNLJJBOSyFlSrjGHb8gBg1gZiMBGsZ-ZOmgoONrObUKjZgHJS3UTemvWWTdR32L02TG8Fk6wDtOOgG8zoJZ7wvFz6K_KYvks8j5QkCSt7lg-oZeXPFZ7mrS5vshpxK5fcoIL70M3AXvgyAZhIHoqqSM5wnitde4OPspMSyGW0-Wpzl3xck1HkMfthN_yFRAap3smAhX6Ig4Z4lrda_Uwx5zBf1AG2Vtpw9VxEqn6qdlbEKTL4oVm7JpxPkZb0F9GC7iE3ogFOHh3d2LukGc89M-kDS9LAfJXD7N0oxq4HpOOXd_gSNdkj6QiNw7Gpry_5d2BeYRFiKB9S1oEop2tC3fdIf_Vf2oNmjRJbkiAj-VA_NLHR8PdBaj2M7lyhUZun0hvmfNhrKFkDxiUk4uillQHS2xsFDzJj2DNakwn5svNrXUk_gJdtx6BPTHHyULaf8Y1CFl_X9zl4uY3alvH0qZBAHs7MpcpHx9dBqJ2bkcdi6MbMnsGo4leo-f1iRRY=w600-h800-no

Last edited: