Nitrolon is underrated

Hoka Hey

Newly Enlightened
I purchased several when they first came out for what may seem an odd reason. Mouth carry! Much easier on your teeth! I would always end up with a flashlight in my mouth working on cars, motorcycles, etc.

Always kept one in the glove box or saddle bags. They are lost to the sands of time now, but worked wonderfully.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a yellow Streamlight Polytac for Xmas. I'm super impressed with it. And yes, it runs just fine on a 16650 cell.

Curiously, the packaging indicates it's the older 275L/14L model, but the behavior of the light matches the new 600/260/35L as described on the Streamlight website. It seems a little strange that they would ship the updated light with the old packaging material, but whatever...

Anyways, I definitely recommend the light to anyone who's interested in a CR123A or 16650 light.

--flatline

ChattanoogaPhil

Newly Enlightened
G3 with Malkoff M61LL.

Great around the house general purpose light.

H4qIhKZ.png

ven

Flashaholic
Thats a mighty fine USA line up Phil

My nitrolon has an sst20 4000k hi cri in right now, its actually the fav of the 3 different samples i have.............................and its not a triple!!!(other 2 are).
6iT25VXl.jpg

Kind of cheating , the head is from a C2 but the body is nitrolon

Kestrel

Flashaholic
A long time ago, we had a contingent here that was really pining for a nitrolon turbohead for the G-series SF's.
I even pinged CPF member stuart@surefire about it; he seemed to like the idea personally, but could also see the writing on the wall for the commercial viability of those configs. :sigh:

ven

Flashaholic
That does sound very cool Kestrel:cool:, i am having visions right now............

Still my fav is the g2z
NzDSugul.jpg

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is probably the G3 I run on 2aa with a Nailbender Low Voltage 5 speed warm engine.
79ccda446404868529f8ba61276d2ac9.jpg

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G3 lights look so cool, but I would never own one because I can't put a 16650 in it like I can in my yellow G2X Pro.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G3 lights look so cool, but I would never own one because I can't put a 16650 in it like I can in my yellow G2X Pro.

You could use a 16650 + spacer in the G3. This is interesting to me because I'm currently running a 16340 + spacer in my G2 since I noticed the G2 spring was etching into the bottom of my 16650 cell.

If you have a p60-ish drop-in that can be reasonably powered by 2AA, then the G3 might also be interesting because of that.

--flatline

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like mine on AA and I can run them in sleeves or not with no real problems.

You could use a 16650 + spacer in the G3. This is interesting to me because I'm currently running a 16340 + spacer in my G2 since I noticed the G2 spring was etching into the bottom of my 16650 cell.

If you have a p60-ish drop-in that can be reasonably powered by 2AA, then the G3 might also be interesting because of that.

--flatline

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast

What about using 2x16500 cells? I don't own any, but I am thinking of getting some 16mm Li-ion cells to replace some 17mm cells.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry, but I've never warmed up to any of the permutations that came after the G2. I've got two G2, both with very nice high CRI LED drop ins. I'm debating whether or not I should replace the Lexan lenses with AR glass ones. I even found a nice little watch back tool that works great for removing the bezel.

tuelleric

Enlightened
Can G3's even be purchased anymore?

--flatline

I hope it is okay to post it here. Just saw these in the German ebay (just search for it).

I am not the seller nor do I know him. But it looks like a fair offer and he seems to ship internationally.

Edited to remove direct auction link.

Last edited: